Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by nitrobass24
Is 576515 still the latest item number?
Anyone find these recently near DFW?
They've never been offered in the DFW area AFAIK

--wes
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Originally Posted by flyupfront
Where are these gift cards typically located in the store? Costco is a big place!
See post #124.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
I bought some at the So. San Francisco store. The one that is practically adjacent to SFO. The checkout clerk stated she had never sold any along with the bagger claiming the same.
The guy behind me in line asked if I had used them before. Stated yes and the good part was that unlike a promo code that only takes 10% off the base fare this takes 10% off everything. Did not mention the additonal 2% for being a costco gold member.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by magic111
I bought some at the So. San Francisco store. The one that is practically adjacent to SFO. The checkout clerk stated she had never sold any along with the bagger claiming the same.
The guy behind me in line asked if I had used them before. Stated yes and the good part was that unlike a promo code that only takes 10% off the base fare this takes 10% off everything. Did not mention the additonal 2% for being a costco gold member.
And the possibility of stacking with another discount (if you can get one of those discount codes that AA seems to send out from time to time).

Costco just put these in at my local Costco store - just in time, as I am running out of the big stack that I bought in SJC on a trip there last summer.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AA plt,Ltgold
Anyone seen it in Cincinnati or Cleveland areas? Will be be driving thru , thought I would pick up some if available.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by magic111
What's the additional 2%? How does one get that? I'm a Costco Member.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jacobin777
What's the additional 2%? How does one get that? I'm a Costco Member.

Thanks in advance.
Top-level Costco membership gives 2% cash back on almost all purchases (limit $500 back annually). Plus extra discounts on check printing, etc.

Costs about $110 a year. I find it very worthwhile.

Originally Posted by paddyboyfoley
Oak Brook, Il - had them a few months ago
Oak Brook had 100+ on Friday. Front end manager told me they are selling TONS. And all the street construction out front is done!

Ten fewer now, at least.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Dec 19, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I forgot about this.

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Top-level Costco membership gives 2% cash back on almost all purchases (limit $500 back annually). Plus extra discounts on check printing, etc.

Costs about $110 a year. I find it very worthwhile.

Oak Brook had 100+ on Friday. Front end manager told me they are selling TONS. And all the street construction out front is done!

Ten fewer now, at least.
I have the top level Costco membership for the 2% return. I totally forgot to add this into my savings when buying the AA cards. Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by arollins
I have the top level Costco membership for the 2% return. I totally forgot to add this into my savings when buying the AA cards. Thanks.
I've just realized Mr. lili is collecting 2% for all my Costco purchases - including a whole lot of AA gift cards!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lili
I've just realized Mr. lili is collecting 2% for all my Costco purchases - including a whole lot of AA gift cards!
Too bad Costco doesn't accept the Citi Executive MC which on top of everything else, gives you AA miles towards RDM and Million Miler status!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Not near a store with the GCs in stock

Does anyone have some extra giftcards or mind picking up some for me? I need to book some itineraries I have on hold tonight or tomorrow and would be happy to reimburse you via Amazon Payments or something similar. Around $1200-$1500 needed. I assume you'd be able to pick up the 2% Costco rebate in addition to your miles and helping out a fellow FTer. I was able to help out a few FTers w/the Costco-Hyatt deal. Send me a PM. Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:15 pm
GAF

Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold, ICH Spire
Has anyone found AA GC in Westbury, Ny or nearby?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Culver City (California) Now has the cards...

I've requested them at this store for months - the display just went up.

I used the cards and a 10% off coupon for an expensive asia trip - 20% off with a 2% back is fantastic for the EXEC membership.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
I've requested them at this store for months - the display just went up.

I used the cards and a 10% off coupon for an expensive asia trip - 20% off with a 2% back is fantastic for the EXEC membership.
Is this the Marina Del Rey location next to the Albertson's? (at least it says Marina Del Rey on their receipts)

If so, awesome! I live closer to that one than the Hawthorne branch.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by sendbillmoney
Pentagon City had 118 in stock yesterday (I asked member services to check inventory), and then I bought ten. I've already booked my flights and will qualify as EXP at the end of January.

I picked up a handful at the Pentagon City warehouse yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.