Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:46 pm

I also noticed that many of their pages are still in the old format. So if you are missing the old look and feel - here is just one for you :-)

http://aa.lastminute-packages.com/

The website seems to have a different URL but it has the same AA logo.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
A look at aa.com through the years. Enjoy...
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://aa.com
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: aa
annoyed

I just spent time on the new site here in California. As a platinum about to become exp I am terribly frustrated. I spent 2 hours trying to book a multi city flight and could not buy it after putting in my CC info NOR put it on hold. Agent got me the flights but at a HIGHER price and then web desk was unhelpful. Supervisor WC patiently explained that the site is designed not to allow you to book a round trip flt via multicity (even though I wanted to carefully choose segs). It does allow you to do this but then traps you in a permanent loop! They know the flaw and keep it there with no apology. I watched the fares go up and it cost me a bundle. Thanks AA. I'll get a million miles shortly, take my gold for life and go elsewhere.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 14, 2010 at 11:46 pm Reason: redacted employee name for privacy per TOS
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by dgranet
...As a platinum about to become exp I am terribly frustrated...
DYKWIA?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
Originally Posted by Jedi Master
Sometimes I have to use computers in Admirals Clubs so I prefer that the default is set to NOT remember the user's ID.
I have no issue with the default set to NOT remember the user's ID. However, once I check "Remember my AAdvantage Number", I really really really want it to leave that box checked unless I uncheck it, especially now that in some of the new UI boxes you can't tab to it to check it anymore.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
This "major redesign" is little more than a bunch of new stylesheets wrapped around the same clunky site, with the added bonus that it renders poorly in Chrome and appears to be buggy in Firefox (blank pages as others have mentioned). Pretty disappointing effort.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In a word, "underwhelming".
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dgranet
Thanks AA. I'll get a million miles shortly, take my gold for life and go elsewhere.
Why bother obtaining gold for life if you're taking your business elsewhere? If you're gonna make empty threats, at least make them credible
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:21 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by rjw242
Why bother obtaining gold for life if you're taking your business elsewhere? If you're gonna make empty threats, at least make them credible
Sadly I will sometimes be forced to take AA. When I do I want at least to be Gold. If the web desk can treat a plat badly why stay around? But Gold is better on "game day" for the obvious perks than nothing. I am 25K away from gold for life.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 3:18 am

Programs: Mint MM, AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Over My Dead Body
Looks like there is still no way to book Reduced Mileage Awards from the AAdvantage Citi cards.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Originally Posted by arctan1701
Looks like there is still no way to book Reduced Mileage Awards from the AAdvantage Citi cards.
What are those?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:30 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by resnick
I have no issue with the default set to NOT remember the user's ID. However, once I check "Remember my AAdvantage Number", I really really really want it to leave that box checked unless I uncheck it, especially now that in some of the new UI boxes you can't tab to it to check it anymore.
For anyone using FF, I have a simple GM script that will automatically check this box wherever it exists. (Found on the login, home page, reservations, AAdvantage, and award tabs.)

PM me with your email address if you would like a copy.

Also: if you object to the ads at the bottom of many pages and you use Element Hiding Helper for ....... Plus (highly recommended, BTW), then you can forever banish these ads with one statement:

aa.com##div#aa-footer
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by chriseng
This "major redesign" is little more than a bunch of new stylesheets wrapped around the same clunky site, with the added bonus that it renders poorly in Chrome and appears to be buggy in Firefox (blank pages as others have mentioned). Pretty disappointing effort.
^

Looks like nothing more than a "refresh" back end systems etc still the same.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chriseng
Originally Posted by gemac
Increased cosmetics on the front end, decreased functionality on the back end.
As predicted. On the up side, though, I did get a second e-mail announcing it.

And I did get to enjoy all those in this thread speculating that AA was going to grant every wish they ever had concerning AA.com.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:42 am
In memoriam

In my brief tour of the new website I didn't see anything different. Perhaps I'll see changes when I spend more time on the site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.