Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:59 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
While I am still underwhelmed, moving the menu bar to the top of the page has hopefully removed the problem where you'd sometimes access a reservation and have the old left-hand menu bar disappear completely.

Faster access to My Reservations is good, as well as the removal of the Cancel button. Strange that they kept the old My Reservations in place, though - presumably as a backup.

In the header on My Account, my name butts up right against "AAdvantage Number:" There seem to be some spaces or tabs missing... If you're going to make a cosmetic change, at least make it right!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
remember me

Originally Posted by Jedi Master
Sometimes I have to use computers in Admirals Clubs so I prefer that the default is set to NOT remember the user's ID.
I used a computer in the Admirals Club last week and it made a big deal about deleting everything off the computer when I was finished with my session. Remembering my user name would be nice at home, and doesn't make me feel threatened elsewhere.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I don't know if it's the finished article yet but the UK site no longer has a link to the US site which gives the drop down menus. Without it I appear to have to go back to the UK homepage every time I want to access simple information like My Reservations.

A simple but annoying downgrade for international sites if this is it.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by dstan
Faster access to My Reservations is good, as well as the removal of the Cancel button. Strange that they kept the old My Reservations in place, though - presumably as a backup.
According to AA's little video about the new site (yes, I watched it), the my reservations tab on the front page will only show up to four reservations, while the separate my reservations page will show them all.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Is anyone else having trouble with the AA website. I get to the home page. As soon as I try to log in, I get a blank page and it goes no further.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by tbrein
Is anyone else having trouble with the AA website. I get to the home page. As soon as I try to log in, I get a blank page and it goes no further.
Try clearing your browser Cache.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by pdog02
Try clearing your browser Cache.
It didn't help. Any other suggestions?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by tbrein
It didn't help. Any other suggestions?
Don't use Chrome?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

I see that AA still has conveniently omitted the ability to use a promo code on multi-city itineraries, and not returned the flexible matrix searches. So, while the lipstick is pretty, this pig is a big FAIL from me!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:48 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by denCSA
I see that AA still has conveniently omitted the ability to use a promo code on multi-city itineraries, and not returned the flexible matrix searches. So, while the lipstick is pretty, this pig is a big FAIL from me!
These are by design. The codes are not good for multi-city itineraries, so it would probably be a bad idea if the site had them. Whether or not that is a good decision is a separate issues, but certainly not a website issue.

Not sure what you mean by "flexible matrix searches," but if you're talking about the searching over a number of days, up to a month- that went away a while ago by design, so it would also not be appropriate if it were on the redesigned site.

Cheers.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brp
These are by design. The codes are not good for multi-city itineraries, so it would probably be a bad idea if the site had them. Whether or not that is a good decision is a separate issues, but certainly not a website issue.

Not sure what you mean by "flexible matrix searches," but if you're talking about the searching over a number of days, up to a month- that went away a while ago by design, so it would also not be appropriate if it were on the redesigned site.
Correct, I'm aware of that. Point is that AA should be focusing on improving its underlying business [decisions] to make it a more attractive travel option, not re-vamps to the look and feel of the website. Granted, it was long overdue, but I'd rather get service improvements first; website later.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Bizarre - when doing searches as done before (ie Round-trip ABC to XYC, All Day, All Day), it's showing some results in reverse chronological order (ie showing a night flight, afternoon flight, then morning flight). I've never seen the nonstop flights shown in anything other than chronological order before. This is not helpful.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:38 pm

All I saw was white after I logged in. Then I logged out and back in seems to work now.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I'm totally nit-picking now, but something about the "AmericanAirlines" logo on the top doesn't look right (it seems compressed, and also there is not enough space on the top of the page and the "AmericanAirlines" compared to the space below it).

Also I'm not sure if the mini advertisements on the bottom, combined with the AAdvantage/Your Choice etc. buttons visually works. But otherwise, aesthetically this is quite the improvement over the previous AA.com, hands-down.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:44 pm

On reading the note about the AA logo - I did take another look but did not find anything different/compressed. Sorry may be I am not seeing the same things..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.