Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Bleh!

It's the exact same site with all the links across the top, instead of along the side. Big whoop.

Only good thing, and it is a really good thing, is the My Reservations button being accessible now. That's been a gripe for me for a long time. But I haven't seen any other changes other than cosmetic.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
What a useless site upgrade. Slower performance. No useful new functionality that seems readily accessible. Just a lot of clunky bells and whistles, a "rearrange the deck chairs" redesign. Can we have the old AA site back? Faster performance alone is good enough reason.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
According to http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/11...signs-its.html, "American spokesman Billy Sanez said this was the first step in a redesign that will take about 12 to 18 months."

It looks like there's more to come.
New cosmetics on all the lower-level pages, too? ^^^
Old Nov 16, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
I can get to the home page. As soon as I login the site freezes up and I have to exit IE. Have not gotten past login today.
Is anyone else having these problems or does anyone have a solution?
Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
The requirement to keep checking the box to keep my FF number on my computer is crazy.

On the other hand, the new site now understands when I type NYC, there is no longer another box asking me if I really mean NYC, or did I want JFK, EWR or LGA.

One more odd thing which shouldn't directly be tied to the site ... its taking hours for purchased trips to be ticketed. I've bought three routine trips this week and the first two took over 12 hours to go from "purchased" to ticketed. I purchased another one a couple of hours ago and it hasn't ticketed yet either. I'm sure the ticketing function is in the back end but wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
The requirement to keep checking the box to keep my FF number on my computer is crazy.
urg! That's just so annoying to me.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:21 am

Programs: DL-Plat
SLOOOWWW. On a standard wireless connection, the new site seems much slower than the old one. This is very frustrating.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by tbrein
I can get to the home page. As soon as I login the site freezes up and I have to exit IE. Have not gotten past login today.
Thanks
Same problem here. Using IE V8.0.7600.16385

After i get the home page, it freezes when I try to go anywhere or do anything

I am having to use Safari in order to use the new lipstick

TW
Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Thanks
No luck for me this morning. Loads to a blank page.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question How to make reservations stick in Reservations List

This is really an old problem. I have 3 AA International award resrvations that do NOT show on the Reservations List - even after I find them with Record Locator.
Note: These 3 awards do Not include an AA flight

Any known trick to make such reservations appear on the Reservations List ?

Update: NO Solution:
Response from AA Web-Services: Since you have no AA flight in your reservations, these reservations can NOT appear in the Reservations List. You have to locate each reservation manually (by searching for the record locator)

Last edited by IntFF; Nov 19, 2010 at 3:05 pm
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by IntFF
This is really an old problem. I have 3 AA International award resrvations that do NOT show on the Reservations List - even after I find them with Record Locator.
Note: These 3 awards do Not include an AA flight

Any known trick to make such reservations appear on the Reservations List ?
+1

Last time I had intl award reservation it stuck... this time no luck. My AA no is on the reservations
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
I am still having problems. Trying to book a flight. I get as far as the flights displaying. When I try to click on the flight I choose, the page freezes and I have to exit IE. I have been trying to book a flight for three days now.
Doies anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: A few
Doies anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Call aa.com support
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Is not being able to select an exit row seat part of the new upgrade? Just booked a flight PHX-UIO and it won't let me (plat).
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Add me to the list of those experiencing slow page loads and freezups (IE8). Have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to close IE and start over. They should have left good enough alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.