AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Just got this e-mail

Dear ty97,

Because you are an AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member, we want you to be the first to hear the exciting news we will announce on Monday — the new look of AA.com. Next week, when you log on to AA.com, you will see your suggestions reflected in a major redesign that makes your favorite AA.com features more intuitive, smarter and easier to navigate.

The new AA.com is just the latest in a long list of milestones we have achieved over the past 15 years aimed at improving your online experience.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Exclamation Email from AA: The New AA.com Is Coming Soon!‏

Just received an email from AA announcing that a new AA.com is scheduled to be announced on Monday, November 15, 2010 (not sure when it will actually be released - whether Monday or later in the week).

I look forward to it. Hopefully, it will offer real improvement in addition to whatever cosmetic touches have been applied. ^

Last edited by miamigrad; Nov 12, 2010 at 3:35 pm
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
I received the same email. I'm hoping and wishing for airport upgrade standby lists! Adding to the iPhone app would be the icing on the cake!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
were you glued to your PC ready with copy/paste?

i just got this email

Programs: AA EXP
No email yet but hopefully it will include the ability to check partner award availability and book online. Looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by dugknight
I received the same email. I'm hoping and wishing for airport upgrade standby lists! Adding to the iPhone app would be the icing on the cake!
That would be awesome, indeed. As an Android user, I look forward to using the app that is currently only available to iPhone users.

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
woohoo!! long overdue
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I for one wholeheartedly denounce the new AA.com and its unwieldy, all-style-and-no-substance design.

Just getting a head start
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
all great ideas. looking forward to seeing what's in store.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:30 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
HOLY #@!%!!!

I almost peed my pants when I saw the E-mail. This was at least a decade (maybe two) coming!

Welcome to the 21st Century, American Airlines!!!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
No email yet but hopefully it will include the ability to check partner award availability and book online. Looking forward to it.
+1

Although I'm a little nervous - of the sites I've used in the past year (AA, Delta, United), AA is by far the most functional. I hope the "improvements" aren't a step back (like when the ability to do "flexible date" searches was removed a year or so ago).
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:31 pm

Interesting.

Just got a pop-up to aa.com customer survey visiting aa.com

Not sure, if they can be that fast to consider my feedback.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by farrish11
+1

Although I'm a little nervous - of the sites I've used in the past year (AA, Delta, United), AA is by far the most functional. I hope the "improvements" aren't a step back (like when the ability to do "flexible date" searches was removed a year or so ago).
+1 I agree. I hope they are real improvements... not just cosmetic "fluff," and not a way to take away functionality that users need and use.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Gold
Seems like a lot of setting-self-up-for-disappointment going on already. It says "a major redesign that makes your favorite AA.com features more intuitive, smarter, and easier to navigate." That seems to pretty explicitly say visual redesign rather than boatloads of difficult to implement new features.

I'll be happy anyway. Yes, the current site does most of what I need, blah, blah, but it always makes me a little bit sad to see it.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
Originally Posted by farrish11
I hope the "improvements" aren't a step back (like when the ability to do "flexible date" searches was removed a year or so ago).
I agree wholeheartedly! I miss that function. It was great being able to see the cheapest fare for the whole month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.