Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:51 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
AAward travel on partner airlines? Nope.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: DL Gold
+1 for not rendering properly in Chrome.

This points alone makes me less likely to use AA.com for my travel needs.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by normcpa
In my brief tour of the new website I didn't see anything different. Perhaps I'll see changes when I spend more time on the site.
Still can NOT pick a booking class
Looks like it is only a new format for display, little or no new features
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
+1 for not rendering properly in Chrome.

This points alone makes me less likely to use AA.com for my travel needs.
Renders fine for me in Chrome 7.0.517.44. What isn't it rendering for you?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
Renders fine for me in Chrome 7.0.517.44. What isn't it rendering for you?
The select flights screen for award searches. Itineraries are cut off on the right side of the screen, such that I cannot see AM/PM or the last couple of letters of arrival airports.

Running same version as you.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:52 am

Still can't book awards on partner airlines. If I can book AA on QF + BA - is it really so difficult to set up
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Wow, the "My Reservations" page is horrible. I have 20+ reservations right now and I can't see any of the old info (Status or Date Booked). Right now I have a held reservation from DTW, a canceled reservation from DTW, and a reservation I booked for a coworker from DTW for 11/19. They are all identical so if I want to, say, ticket the held reservation, I have to potentially click all 3.

Sounds trite, but considering I'm on AA.com multiple times a day booking my travel and travel for my workers, this is poop.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM, CO Gold, Delta Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, PC Gold, HZ Pres Cir
Gotta love conversions. I played with this a bit on Sunday, device check-in wouldn't pull up and I had to call them. I am not a fan of the "my res" page. I don't see a whole lot of benefits, I mean sure it uses more real estatem, but... Oh well, I'll give it some time.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:22 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by DillMan
Wow, the "My Reservations" page is horrible. I have 20+ reservations right now and I can't see any of the old info (Status or Date Booked). Right now I have a held reservation from DTW, a canceled reservation from DTW, and a reservation I booked for a coworker from DTW for 11/19. They are all identical so if I want to, say, ticket the held reservation, I have to potentially click all 3.

Sounds trite, but considering I'm on AA.com multiple times a day booking my travel and travel for my workers, this is poop.
You can access the old My Reservations page by navigating to it from the Reservations menu instead of using the new tab on the homepage.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by dstan
You can access the old My Reservations page by navigating to it from the Reservations menu instead of using the new tab on the homepage.
Or by clicking "View All" from the tab.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Still looking to be able to upgrade with miles on-line to avoid the extra fee (I fall to Plat next year.). Oh well.

Mike
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Still looking to be able to upgrade with miles on-line to avoid the extra fee (I fall to Plat next year.). Oh well.

Mike
What extra fee? The co-pays aren't going away, even if it could be done online.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
So underwhelmed

P.S. - Why did they bother? Barely cosmetic; once you get past the opening page it looks the same as it used to. All the hoopla - and the wonderfully "personalized" email getting me all wound up over the new site...boooo - Mr. Arpey, please, please, please try to pay your web designers to do something useful!

Last edited by scnzzz; Nov 15, 2010 at 3:06 pm
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2MM +, CO, US, UA,SPG, Hertz Presidents Club
disappointing that they would put so much effort and pr behind this only to not enhance any of the features so many of us have asked for (ability to attach upgrades/evips), partner awards etc etc etc.
Disappointed in the functionality problems too... but startup glitches are to be expected.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
According to http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/11...signs-its.html, "American spokesman Billy Sanez said this was the first step in a redesign that will take about 12 to 18 months."

It looks like there's more to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.