Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
From ANA's website "The All New A380: Transforming ANA Travel to Hawaii"
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/promotions/airbus380/?cid=anaustop201812358

Great video of the A380 paintwork, from Airbus: https://youtu.be/wndab27nF8E
The first roll out, also from Airbus: https://youtu.be/ayQC68K9UhA

ANA Unveils the Features of its Honolulu Lounge (for the A 380)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1912260-ana-unveils-features-its-honolulu-lounge-380-a.html
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CDG1
Using Google Translate parts of it will not translate.

Looking at the translated page from my own understanding

The way I see it is...
A380 flights are placed in the system 4 January for release to the public from 10 January at 3.00 PM Japan time.

https://translate.google.com/transla...ileback1811%2F
The relavnt part of the site is

A380発売日決定!すでに予約・販売中のビジネスクラス、プレミアムエコノミー、エコノミークラスについ ては、2019年1月4日(金)以降順次、エアバスA380型機の座席に変更いたします。
ファーストクラス、エコノミークラスの「ANA COUCHii」(ANAカウチ)の座席は、2019年1月10日(木)15:00より販売開始いたします。

Basically still, business, premium economy, and economy is already bookable, and will be changed to A380 from 4th of January.

Which exact section are you translating to get to the other view? (and let me run this through Google translate in the meantime, as Japanese is not always well translated)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The relavnt part of the site is

A380発売日決定!すでに予約・販売中のビジネスクラス、プレミアムエコノミー、エコノミークラスについ ては、2019年1月4日(金)以降順次、エアバスA380型機の座席に変更いたします。
ファーストクラス、エコノミークラスの「ANA COUCHii」(ANAカウチ)の座席は、2019年1月10日(木)15:00より販売開始いたします。

Basically still, business, premium economy, and economy is already bookable, and will be changed to A380 from 4th of January.

Which exact section are you translating to get to the other view? (and let me run this through Google translate in the meantime, as Japanese is not always well translated)
I noticed 183 of 24 May is up as a 787-9 for a while but no 184 for 24 January at 20.20 PM. There is a later NH182 ANA flight in the system also a 789 so we are not talking about the same flight. I had it confirmed by a ANA agent on the phone to wait until NH184 shows as 388 and not to buy 789.

Put in the system and release to the public are two different things.(my take)
Put in the system = 4 January
Release to the public to buy the seats = 10 January.

I am waiting to hear from ANA Taiwan see what they are saying. I have good contacts with them. There's 8 hours time difference so I must be patient.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I noticed 183 of 24 May is up as a 787-9 for a while but no 184 for 24 January at 20.20 PM. There is a later NH182 ANA flight in the system also a 789 so we are not talking about the same flight. I had it confirmed by a ANA agent on the phone to wait until NH184 shows as 388 and not to buy 789.

Put in the system and release to the public are two different things.(my take)
Put in the system = 4 January
Release to the public to buy the seats = 10 January.

I am waiting to hear from ANA Taiwan see what they are saying. I have good contacts with them. There's 8 hours time difference so I must be patient.
Of course you should not buy 182, it is a different flight. Yes, NH does operate two daily flights to Honolulu from Narita.

If you read what they write in English, and the translations of the Japanese, what is released on the 10th is first class and the couchii seats. For business, premium economy and economy they in Japanese use the word 発売中 see translation below You'll notice that 184 is for sale for all other days than 24/5. Even if it says 789 as plane type below.
To be honest, I don't know what they do and how they actually execute it, I merely comment on what they write. But being a Japanese company, my guess is the two are pretty close

If you want my best guess, between VIP and press use, AMC member tour packages, promotional use, they are holding their breath for the inaugural flight, and closer in, they will release what is left over of seats.

But let's see, in 3 days 7 hours and 39 minutes we have the deadline for realese of F and couchii. We'll see if 24%5 flight shows any availability
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:13 am

Smile

But let's see, in 3 days 7 hours and 39 minutes we have the deadline for realese of F and couchii. We'll see if 24%5 flight shows any availability
Getting F on the NRT-HNL inaugural flight?
They would reserve them for their VVIP guests me thinks... or it will be WAR getting these 8 Suites.

Couchii is a different story. They will send all the families with little children in the back of the Big Bus.

The really lucky ones will get jump seats in the flight deck... best seats in the house... but that will be only for those "special special" folks.

Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting F on the NRT-HNL inaugural flight?
They would reserve them for their VVIP guests me thinks... or it will be WAR getting these 8 Suites.

Couchii is a different story. They will send all the families with little children in the back of the Big Bus.

The really lucky ones will get jump seats in the flight deck... best seats in the house... but that will be only for those "special special" folks.

I probably am trying F to Honolulu one day, but not on inaugural, and the comment for release of F bookings is just for F in general.. Right now you can't book F at all on the flights But should, I emphasise should, be possible from the 10th though I don't really expect F for the inaugural to be available to commoners like me.....
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: United Gold
A380 seats reserved!

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Both my flights are still on the 789. I wonder when I'll be able to pick my seat on the A380. After January 10?
Good news! I was able to choose my seats on the A380, both outbound and inbound! Woohoo!
LapLap likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When making new bookings the A380 is also shown as the operating airplane now.

NH184 on the 24th still not available for booking at all.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Got my aircraft change notification as well for 24/5 NH184. Still no availability in any class 🙄

Makes me wonder if the inaugural flight will ever go on public sale.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:04 am

Exclamation

When making new bookings the A380 is also shown as the operating airplane now.

NH184 on the 24th still not available for booking at all.
Just spoke with ANA Paris. The friendly agent confirmed 388 is now in the system for NH184 of 24 May but not released for sale (yet). She thinks the flight will be released for sale to the public only they don't know when. It shows as "grey zone" fir their system. They cannot look at the flight status if empty or full.

She said the return flight NH183 is not showing at all (yet) with only United flights showing for Honolulu to Narita 24 May.
It shows as 388 and bookable from Honolulu to Narita 26 May (Sunday).

I guess the best thing one can do is keep looking see what comes.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: United Gold
She said the return flight NH183 is not showing at all (yet) with only United flights showing for Honolulu to Narita 24 May.
That's strange I was able to book (it was 789 when booked) and select my A380 seat (selected 7 Jan) for NH183 on 24 May.

I guess the best thing one can do is keep looking see what comes.
I hope you are able to get on the inaugural flight from NRT. I'll wave to you from the ANA lounge
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:23 am

Question

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
That's strange I was able to book (it was 789 when booked) and select my A380 seat (selected 7 Jan) for NH183 on 24 May.
I suppose you booked Business.

You are right. NH183 Honolulu-NRT on 24 May showing 388. Looking at the seating map I see Premium Economy is fully booked. Lower deck still has openings but looks like it's filling fast. Business still has plenty openings.

I suspect the return flight will not be as festive as the NH184 inaugural as it will be the return flight but it's anyone's guess.
My idea is NH184 24 May and return 26 May NH183 - two Honu flights. Booking NH183 24 May gives me one Honu flight.

I am originating in Europe not in Japan. Makes that much to add to the Honu flights therefore trying to maximize the deal.

Last edited by CDG1; Jan 8, 2019 at 4:40 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:27 pm

Question

This one advertises a tour package that will go on sale for AMC members from 10th of January The tour will be on NH184 on the 24th of May.
Any idea how we can book this tour? Will they have a page in English? Trying to think of something to maximize my chances to be on NH184/24 May.

I have a ANA Mileage Club Card (even two I think) that I never used. I got the AMC cards for the 787 inaugural which I went on and I had all the miles posted on my United MM card.

Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any idea how we can book this tour? Will they have a page in English? Trying to think of something to maximize my chances to be on NH184/24 May.

I have a ANA Mileage Club Card (even two I think) that I never used. I got the AMC cards for the 787 inaugural which I went on and I had all the miles posted on my United MM card.

It will be available for online booking via ANA or via travel agents in Japan. All the information I can find is in Japanese only. The below link is the schedule and pricing of the tour.

https://www.ana.co.jp/inttour/hawaii...f/amc_tour.pdf
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:20 am

Unhappy

It will be available for online booking via ANA or via travel agents in Japan. All the information I can find is in Japanese only. The below link is the schedule and pricing of the tour.

https://www.ana.co.jp/inttour/hawaii...f/amc_tour.pdf
Thank you. I contacted HIS travel in Paris. Maybe they can help. I sent them the link to the PDF and this.
?????ANA???????????A380?????FLYING HONU???????
H.I.S. are a big tour company. I am sure they must know of the Honu.

There is still no NH184 of 24 May in the system at this time. Niet. Nada. Nullo.
The ANA agent said NOT to buy the 789 flight of 24 may as I would not be able to change it to the A380 flight.

They might release NH184 to the public tomorrow, but maybe not. It seems more and more that they are hijacking the flight for their own special needs. ANA is not Singapore Airlines or Lufthansa or Air France putting out their A380 inaugural flights for all to buy seats.

It's their plane though so they are allowed to do as they please but in this case they shouldn't have advertised the NH184 inaugural to the general public.

I am waiting to see if it comes out public in the system tomorrow 10 January.

Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:15 pm

Now 10 January past 3.00 PM in Japan. Had me getting up at an impossible hour my time zone to see if there was anything new.

What I am seeing is there is still no 24 May NH184 showing for sale.

CouchII is now listed for sale on NH183 return flight of 24 May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.