Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Ringside
I have an ANA award on ANA metal and already have flown the outgoing flight, it is a round trip from JFK to Tokyo.
For the remaining return flight am I able to:
1) Change to a different airport for the 3K points fee, for example change from JFK to ORD?
NO.
The airline, passenger, sector, route, and service class* cannot be changed.
Even if the new itinerary and original itinerary are the same ZONE, changes cannot be made.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/refe...ation.html#a03
Originally Posted by Ringside
2) Change the return to a United flight for the 3K points fee (For example NRT to EWR)?
NO. ・Reservations for partner airline award tickets cannot be converted into ANA international flight award reservations.
Vice versa is not possible since the mileage requirements for ANA flight awards versus partner flight awards are different.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:43 am

I have an multi segment award reservation with ANA where one leg is confirmed but 2 legs are in waitlist, i.e., I'm not yet ticketed. Is it possible to change the waitlisted flights? Could I change to waitlist for a completely different ANA flight on a different routing/day assuming the new itinerary is still valid? What about changing to a partner flight? And adding a segment? Would this result in cancel and rebooking? I don't want to lose the segment that I'm already confirmed for. Thanks all!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:22 pm

General question and not completely sure on this. I understand dates can be changed if the outbound and inbound flights remain the same for no fee. If I confirm a J class flight outbound and want to then change the return flight does my outbound flight remain or does the entire ticket need to be rebooked? In other words can you keep one half of a confirmed itinerary and change the other half if the outbound and inbound destinations don't change?

Also can the airport change (ie: Narita vs Haneda) or JFK vs Newark or does that also have to be the same?

J class award tickets are very hard to get to begin with so want to better understand how this works before transferring miles over to ANA from MR. I will be looking around 350 days in advance once I decide to book.

Thanks all in advance!

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by wazza10000
General question and not completely sure on this. I understand dates can be changed if the outbound and inbound flights remain the same for no fee. If I confirm a J class flight outbound and want to then change the return flight does my outbound flight remain or does the entire ticket need to be rebooked? In other words can you keep one half of a confirmed itinerary and change the other half if the outbound and inbound destinations don't change?

Also can the airport change (ie: Narita vs Haneda) or JFK vs Newark or does that also have to be the same?

J class award tickets are very hard to get to begin with so want to better understand how this works before transferring miles over to ANA from MR. I will be looking around 350 days in advance once I decide to book.

Thanks all in advance!

Thanks
Hi,

Yes you can move/change the date on your flight. I had JFK-HND and ITM-NRT-JFK and booked the return once to outbound opened up .(2 First) ... then I moved it to the first day I was willing to return a week later and then to my preferred date another few days later > all can be done online without any problems.
You can change between certain airports and Narita and Haneda are one of those (or the Osaka Area Airports).
But you can't change between JFK and EWR as ANA flies only into JFK .... EWR would be a partner route (i.e. United) and you can't change from an ANA reward to a Partner Award > that would be cancel and rebook. And with the new business class on ANA I'm sure you don't want to be stuck in Polaris anyway.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by cncliu
I have an multi segment award reservation with ANA where one leg is confirmed but 2 legs are in waitlist, i.e., I'm not yet ticketed. Is it possible to change the waitlisted flights? Could I change to waitlist for a completely different ANA flight on a different routing/day assuming the new itinerary is still valid? What about changing to a partner flight? And adding a segment? Would this result in cancel and rebooking? I don't want to lose the segment that I'm already confirmed for. Thanks all!
Quite a rare case of a multi-segment award. Please call ANA and they will answer all your questions.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:32 am

okay great that makes things easier. The dates I would want to travel are peak and likely to be gone in a day or two after it becomes available on ANA's website on the outbound leg. And if you can't change the return flight without losing your outbound confirmed flight in business becomes pretty hard to work around.

I
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:52 pm

So I know Ana allows changing flight times but not routing without fees/canceling booking.

Does that include changing a leg to go to nrt vs HND? Some airlines would consider it coterminals and count as same routing, others don't.

(ie we arrive in HND, but want to switch to arriving in nrt?)
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by paladin732
So I know Ana allows changing flight times but not routing without fees/canceling booking. Does that include changing a leg to go to nrt vs HND? Some airlines would consider it coterminals and count as same routing, others don't. (ie we arrive in HND, but want to switch to arriving in nrt?)
Try doing the change online and see if it will process.
Typically allowed on ANA ONLY international awards, but not allowed on itineraries involving at least one *A partner.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Try doing the change online and see if it will process.
Typically allowed on ANA ONLY international awards, but not allowed on itineraries involving at least one *A partner.
So this is an Ana only Intl award.

I can't seem to find how to modify a reservation online. I don't see a link on the reservation page. Is it hidden somewhere else?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Narita and Haneda can be changed on you booking as they are considered "same airport" (same goes for the Osaka region airports).

Go to the Reservation Details page and below the flight details and above the payment details there is a Change Reservation button

Last edited by blitzen; Sep 3, 2019 at 10:36 am
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Booked LAX-NRT-TPE, TPE-ICN(overnight)-FUK-HND-LAX in J using ANA miles. TPE-ICN is on EVA, ICN-FUK is on Asiana. I wanted to double check that I'd be able to call and change my overnight layover (9 hours) in ICN to a multi-day stopover at no cost and without releasing availability. I'm not sure if changing it from a layover to a stopover would count as a route change (I don't think it does). The goal would be to also change to have 23 hour layover in FUK and 12+ hour layover in Tokyo HND.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aquanine
Booked LAX-NRT-TPE, TPE-ICN(overnight)-FUK-HND-LAX in J using ANA miles. TPE-ICN is on EVA, ICN-FUK is on Asiana. I wanted to double check that I'd be able to call and change my overnight layover (9 hours) in ICN to a multi-day stopover at no cost and without releasing availability. I'm not sure if changing it from a layover to a stopover would count as a route change (I don't think it does). The goal would be to also change to have 23 hour layover in FUK and 12+ hour layover in Tokyo HND.
<24 hours is a “connection” on international flights (so 23 hours still only counts as a connection). >24 is a stopover (and you are allowed to have one on ANA RT). So creating a stopover shouldn’t affect your itinerary viability. I don’t think there would be a fee bc you are just changing dates not route. Why don’t you try the same itinerary on different dates to see if it will ticket (without actually ticketing obviously)? You shouldn’t have to release your ticket to have ANA check. They are very helpful via phone and will explain why a routing won’t work and what your options are.
aquanine likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
<24 hours is a “connection” on international flights (so 23 hours still only counts as a connection). >24 is a stopover (and you are allowed to have one on ANA RT). So creating a stopover shouldn’t affect your itinerary viability. I don’t think there would be a fee bc you are just changing dates not route. Why don’t you try the same itinerary on different dates to see if it will ticket (without actually ticketing obviously)? You shouldn’t have to release your ticket to have ANA check. They are very helpful via phone and will explain why a routing won’t work and what your options are.
Awesome, this is the info I wanted. I tested out the same itinerary on different dates and it worked fine on the website. Glad I won't need to release my ticket to have ANA check.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Petdog
The same question came up on the thread about booking ANA using Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points. Flyertalkers have told me directly that yes, they were able to switch the order, and no, they weren't able to switch the order. YMMV since here you're talking about booking directly with ANA.
Have we found any definitive information on this? I have scoured all over and have not found a solid answer.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:24 pm

Thankfully, I haven't had to try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.