Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS First Class Catering - Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions and Service Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS First Class Catering - Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions and Service Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by anteater
Are you saying you received 3-4 of them per flight, or that 3-4 out of 10 flights you received one bar? If the former and more than a couple of elites are eating these they can and do run out of stock.
Originally Posted by chrisl137
I haven't gone past row 4 since thanksgiving, so I couldn't guess, but in the dark days of no food at all they were handing out the chocolate bars in F like, well, candy.
Only 3 or 4 out of 10 flights, I got one bar. And as far as I know, only one is provided and requesting more will be denied. I have never encountered they running out of food though, as least they will provide cheap snacks at least in lieu of chocolate.
ACBLtd likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:39 pm

haven't seen beef jerky for a long time, not in any of my past 10 flights in the past a month or two.
also, anyone want to complain they always running out of something on transcon from east coast? One flight EWR-LAX, they were out of wine mid flight on an evening flight. Another one from FLL-LAX, they were running out of bottled water. I don't even want to mention the sad snack choices, whatever they provide for the main cabin, + kind bar, + sweet fish. That's it, occasionally have the popcorn and the cookie bake thing. I also overheard sometimes the ground crew didn't refill the supplies on east coast locations.
I do like the the cheesy PeaTos on one my past California flight though.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonsuo
Only 3 or 4 out of 10 flights, I got one bar. And as far as I know, only one is provided and requesting more will be denied. I have never encountered they running out of food though, as least they will provide cheap snacks at least in lieu of chocolate.
I didn't get them because they were running out of food - I've been flying at least one RT a month since all this started, and there was a long period where F got a single small bottle of water at the seat when boarding, and nothing else. No snacks, nothing. The planes weren't even catered with anything but water and whatever they had to feed the pilots. But they had loaded the chocolate bars, so they were handing them out because that was all they had and seemed to genuinely want to have something to offer. It continued for quite a while as food started to reappear - they'd have snacks or whatever, and hand out the chocolate bars in F, and to anybody who might have paid for PC (if you had any status at all you were upgraded to F).
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:50 am

Chocolate cookies suck. Warming it up makes it even worse. With mask it's hard not to swear chocolate everywhere. Anyone knows if/when they bring back the butter pecan one?
95037 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Has anyone been able to successfully preorder any of the hot items from Hawaii? The menu appears on my return flight from KOA next week, but when we try to order we get ye olde “Error” instead.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Chocolate cookies suck. Warming it up makes it even worse. With mask it's hard not to swear chocolate everywhere. Anyone knows if/when they bring back the butter pecan one?
I had that one last month SEA FLL and it was ok, though I admit I prefer the chocolate chip one... in my opinion AS is serving the best cookies among U.S. airlines now.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
I had that one last month SEA FLL and it was ok, though I admit I prefer the chocolate chip one... in my opinion AS is serving the best cookies among U.S. airlines now.
Miles better than the snack box for sure.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
Still the same stuff

Still the same ham wrap or fruit and cheese this morning SFO to EWR. Just served the chocolate chip cookie that I declined. I'm so hoping this changes soon! I'm flying this route weekly until the second week in May.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 95037
Still the same ham wrap or fruit and cheese this morning SFO to EWR. Just served the chocolate chip cookie that I declined. I'm so hoping this changes soon! I'm flying this route weekly until the second week in May.
Well, unfortunately the changes are happening--you're just going the wrong direction....think Hawaii I did see that UA is indeed upgrading it's Hawaii meal service to warm meals so that explains Alaska's decision to only offer them (for now) on Hawaii flights. Most of us agree that the egg salad wrap needed to go away a few months ago....
Old Apr 6, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Has anyone been able to successfully preorder any of the hot items from Hawaii? The menu appears on my return flight from KOA next week, but when we try to order we get ye olde “Error” instead.
To answer myself 😁 I finally had success pre-ordering today. Which, coincidentally, is one week from the cutoff for preordering. 🧐
ACBLtd and pcoll like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
To answer myself 😁 I finally had success pre-ordering today. Which, coincidentally, is one week from the cutoff for preordering. 🧐
Meanwhile I just managed to pre-order for an LAX-SEA flight a day before my preorder window was supposed to open.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

The new chickpea crisps in the F snack basket were better than I expected.
chrisl137 and navydevildoc like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
The new chickpea crisps in the F snack basket were better than I expected.
oh they're so yummy - you just need a little napkin to get the orange cheese dust off your fingers after. LOL They're just like Cheetos
ACBLtd likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
oh they're so yummy - you just need a little napkin to get the orange cheese dust off your fingers after. LOL They're just like Cheetos
Glad you figured that out before you start serving us glassware again
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I think they're supposed to be a knockoff of Hippeas, or maybe a cross between them and crunchy cheetos. I had just had Hippeas for the first time a few days earlier, and the AS ones aren't as dry. The Hippeas are more like original cheetos but dryer.
AS Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.