Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS First Class Catering - Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions and Service Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS First Class Catering - Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions and Service Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2021, 9:22 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
There is a reason and it's because AS doesn't have food catering at DAL. You'll get a shelf stable box, unfortunately, but it's actually not that bad. For the am flight it's usually yogurt w/dried fruit, etc. The A320 overnights there for the turn in the am.
My experience is that it switched to a Mediterranean tapas box on March 1. Who doesn't love olives and hummus for breakfast?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I highly recommend trying the cookie not heated up. I was chatting with an FA a few weeks ago and she said she prefers it that way and asked if I wanted to try it. I did, and it was very tasty and didn't make a mess!
See my post, a few before yours regarding request for unheated cookie

Originally Posted by Robt760
How to make the cookie less messy, so it can be eaten easily:
1. When food/drink order is taken, request that your cookie not be heated
2. Flight attendant removes one cookie from the pre-baked/pre-bagged set before re-heating
3. When distributing the cookies, yours is delivered at room temperature; sometimes before any of the others are delivered

The above has become my MO, when I am upgraded to F. I’d highly recommend this!

Last edited by Robt760; Mar 22, 2021 at 10:13 pm
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dayone
My experience is that it switched to a Mediterranean tapas box on March 1. Who doesn't love olives and hummus for breakfast?
Sounds like staples of a lovely Mediterranean breakfast.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: Mileage Plan
1) If you can't bring back the Hazelnut Espresso Vodka to the planes, at least let the lounges serve it.

2) Bring back the fall 2018 "attempted virgin" exotic catering options. I miss having a breakfast quesadilla and chicken bulgogi. Sandwiches, even prepandemic, were underwhelming even for Alaska's premerger standards
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mfolf
I miss having a breakfast quesadilla and chicken bulgogi. Sandwiches, even prepandemic, were underwhelming even for Alaska's premerger standards
Totally agree... I really enjoyed the more "exotic" choices that would come out from time to time. The quesadilla was fantastic.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Totally agree... I really enjoyed the more "exotic" choices that would come out from time to time. The quesadilla was fantastic.
Agreed, that quesadilla was one of my favorites too!
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
If they can heat up the cookie, why can't they heat a sandwich? Warm melted cheese makes sandwiches much more appealing.
beckoa and PDXPremier like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It sounds like Delta is adding additional food & beverage offerings on April 14th, including canned cocktails (https://tiptopcocktails.com/). It's not clear if this will even bring them to the current AS service level, but for our sake and the sake of minis returning, let's hope so!
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
It sounds like Delta is adding additional food & beverage offerings on April 14th, including canned cocktails (https://tiptopcocktails.com/). It's not clear if this will even bring them to the current AS service level, but for our sake and the sake of minis returning, let's hope so!
That will give DL a little over two weeks to ramp up into full swing when they start packing their planes on May 1st.

James
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Knowing how AS responded to DL's AK expansion, I expect a return in a day or two of the minis. #freetheminis
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
AS needs to counter with San Diego's Cutwater cocktails. So damn delicious.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
AS needs to counter with San Diego's Cutwater cocktails. So damn delicious.
I could very much get behind this. Throw a random assortment in the beer drawer and I would be thrilled. These are not like the Club cocktails I would remove from fridges of the unwary during my amateur/pre-strictly-legal drinking years.
be_rettSEA and williwaw like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(Just think of Dusty Springfield singing this ....)

♫ You don't have to serve me Bordeaux, just give me the can,
Why you can't give me a mini, I don't understand,
Bai-leys, me, Bai-leys me ...♫
Yes, a can of baileys please for me :-:
Old Mar 24, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS
A moment of nostalgia...while doing spring cleaning.
F on VX metal post merger.
items were gifted by FA, last week of VX branding under AS .
Have more Baileys in fridge, may have to start using them.

Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I am flying AS for the first time in a year. Flying many flights in First, including cross-country. What happens if I do not pre-order a meal? Neither of the two choices interest me. Does that mean bringing my own food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.