FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   AS First Class Catering - Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions and Service Experiences (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2036367-first-class-catering-comments-criticisms-suggestions-service-experiences.html)

dayone Mar 21, 2021 5:26 pm

AS First Class Catering - Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions and Service Experiences

An additional thread for one of our favorite topics.

anteater Mar 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Bring back the bottled spirits, specifically Woodford Reserve Bourbon!

🤙🏻🥺

NoLaGent Mar 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Should we start selling squares for dates that the egg wrap and turkey sandwich will be replaced with something new?

I'm going to take June 1st, and if it happens before then, I really won't mind losing.

And yes to spirits, please, although if I was buying a square for that it'd probably be for one in Q4. I think we're stuck with Beverage #'s 1-10 through the Summer.

VibeGuy Mar 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Non-Caffeinated Zero-Calorie soda! Sprite Zero! Fresca! Diet Ginger Ale. Literally anything with some flavor and bubbles.

ISTFlyer Mar 21, 2021 6:59 pm

Let me ask the first discussion of this brand-new thread.

I am not a MileagePlan member and do not intend to be enrolled in so I am not allowed to pre-order meals. I have an AS flight early next month.
Is there a logic behind this? I would be crediting my miles to another oneworld partner and obviously I don't want to risk miles going to an Alaska MileagePlan membership ( that if I decide to enroll to ASMP ).

NoLaGent Mar 21, 2021 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33117111)

I am not a MileagePlan member and do not intend to be enrolled in so I am not allowed to pre-order meals. I have an AS flight early next month.
Is there a logic behind this? I would be crediting my miles to another oneworld partner and obviously I don't want to risk miles going to an Alaska MileagePlan membership ( that if I decide to enroll to ASMP ).

You don't have to be a MP member to pre-order. From the Home Screen, click on Manage, enter your name and conf. #

Once you're in your reservation, scroll down to passenger information and on the far right you'll see "view options" next to your flights. Click on that and if you're within 2 weeks up to 20 hours before your flight and it's available on your flight, you can pre-order from there.

ISTFlyer Mar 21, 2021 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 33117148)
You don't have to be a MP member to pre-order. From the Home Screen, click on Manage, enter your name and conf. #

Once you're in your reservation, scroll down to passenger information and on the far right you'll see "view options" next to your flights. Click on that and if you're within 2 weeks up to 20 hours before your flight and it's available on your flight, you can pre-order from there.

I see this pop-up when I click the "View Menus" link at the "View Options" tab.
Here is the screenshot:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d04ac1f1c2.png

NoLaGent Mar 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Ahhhhhh, that's a post-Covid change I wasn't aware of since they've gone touchless. Sorry about that, but you could always just create the account, order the food, and change your FF# at check-in or earlier.

PaperGlider Mar 21, 2021 8:18 pm

I'll agree with resuming spirits even if served neat with no ice. Simply a wee bottle and a clean motel wrapped plastic cup would be nice.

Also, have some pre-packaged non-scented wipes in the basket of snacks. Or a wee bottle of Everclear would suffice as a substitute for the wipes. :)

safari ari Mar 21, 2021 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33117111)

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 33117194)
Ahhhhhh, that's a post-Covid change I wasn't aware of since they've gone touchless. Sorry about that, but you could always just create the account, order the food, and change your FF# at check-in or earlier.

Strange, when I use my AA FF# in there, I can still pre-order and the like.

Flying for Fun Mar 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari (Post 33117288)
Strange, when I use my AA FF# in there, I can still pre-order and the like.

I believe you need only have a Credit Card on file so that they can charge you once it is delivered to you on the flight.

James

AndyKehn Mar 21, 2021 9:58 pm

What even is the point of having 2 separate threads? It's not like AS cares and or reads our complaints. The other thread is also pointless since the only change in F catering is what kind of cold sandwich they are serving for the next 3 months. Same selection of drinks. Same messy chocolate cookies.

NoLaGent Mar 21, 2021 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn (Post 33117427)
What even is the point of having 2 separate threads? It's not like AS cares and or reads our complaints. The other thread is also pointless since the only change in F catering is what kind of cold sandwich they are serving for the next 3 months. Same selection of drinks. Same messy chocolate cookies.

There are 6 posts about pre-ordering in this thread alone, so maybe that's the point? And now one grouchy complaint, so we're up to two reasons so far!

Regardless, the Moderator already explained the reasoning in the other thread,

leroix Mar 21, 2021 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn (Post 33117427)
Same messy chocolate cookies.

That really struck a chord with me, I don’t know why I hadn’t thought about it during the reduced service for “my safety” over the last year — there is no way to eat those cookies without making a mess — not to mention the extra unnecessary catering and crew service interactions — hammers home that the continued reduced service is just cost cutting...

Timeforachange Mar 21, 2021 11:24 pm

I use a disposal spoon for the messy cookie it works wonders.