Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS First Class Catering - Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions and Service Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS First Class Catering - Comments, Criticisms, Suggestions and Service Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
The Alaska app updated today and included this image in the app store preview. A hint of expanded main cabin pre-ordering coming soon?
dayone, NoLaGent, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
^ Indeed, quite likely to be combined with an adult beverage:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33176856-post431.html
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The Alaska app updated today and included this image in the app store preview. A hint of expanded main cabin pre-ordering coming soon?
Interesting that the snack boxes are showing as available "in-flight" only which I assume means we are going back to being able to pay by credit card on board.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Interesting that the snack boxes are showing as available "in-flight" only which I assume means we are going back to being able to pay by credit card on board.
I don’t see why not. Considering drinks are handled, food is handled, trash is handled... it’s seems really silly that we can’t pass a credit card back-and-forth.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I don’t see why not. Considering drinks are handled, food is handled, trash is handled... it’s seems really silly that we can’t pass a credit card back-and-forth.
Totally agree.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:50 pm

I think everyone here is reading way too far into this. I think it's just an example of what the ordering page would look like. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I think everyone here is reading way too far into this. I think it's just an example of what the ordering page would look like. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'll take your word for it. I feel like if I really wanted to read way too far into something I would look at these images (that also came with the new app) and assume that...

since Anita is traveling in 2022 as an MVPG75K and has to pay for Premium Class at booking, they must be taking that feature away from 75Ks and only giving it to 100Ks. Fortunately, Anita got an upgrade to PC (upgrades to F for 75Ks are a thing of the past in 2022). Sadly, 75Ks no longer get to board in group A...
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Its an old pic...

Word from friends in IT is that everything will have to be preordered.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Its an old pic...

Word from friends in IT is that everything will have to be preordered.
you probably know more than I do, but if I had to bet I would say that you're 100% spot on. I think all food will have to be ordered in advance. This will reduce cost in the food program by eliminating a lot of waste so I could see the benefit to the company. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about running out of your choice.....
NoLaGent and pcoll like this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Anita Holiday sounds like an Anchorage based drag queen, and I will happily guest her into the C Lounge. If she remains in PC, I'm sending my Kalua Pork Bowl back to her.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Anita Holiday sounds like an Anchorage based drag queen, and I will happily guest her into the C Lounge. If she remains in PC, I'm sending my Kalua Pork Bowl back to her.
You sure do know the way to a woman's heart.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:23 pm

Can we afford more drag on aircraft? It’s well-understood that drag increases fuel burn and thus CO2 emissions.
pmblinn and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Can we afford more drag on aircraft? It’s well-understood that drag increases fuel burn and thus CO2 emissions.
It is also well-understood that airplanes have had queen carts on them for years, so really, "we" have afforded it far longer than you probably even realized Also, please don't confuse drag on aircraft with drag in aircraft!
VibeGuy, NoLaGent, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FTers reading too far into something???? Nah, never.....lol.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:12 pm

For a non-Hawaii redeye in First class these days, nothing offered right besides drinks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.