FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm appreciating the AS lounge a little more now, having got in just under the wire with the Lounge+ membership at the old prices.

I had been using Priority Pass restaurants, but they now appear to be completely gone on the west coast. PP is down to a couple of The Club lounges in inconvenient places in SEA, plus the AF/KLM lounge at SFO. Nothing else left in LAX, SFO, PDX, or SEA. And I haven't even seen the Starbucks at PDX open since I don't know when after the start of the pandemic. There are beans in the hoppers, so unless it's just been limited morning hours, I fear for whoever gets the first 100 cups or so when they reopen. Stale beans with a hint of forest fire smoke. Even if my schedule is tight I can at least run into the PDX lounge and grab coffee and a cookie in less time than it takes to wait in line somewhere.

Edit: apparently the SFO restaurants are still there, but it doesn't show you them on the website unless you're logged in. Capers Le Bar in PDX is still listed on the website, but there's a report over in Lounges that there are no PP partners at PDX, though I still see both Capers on the website. All the SEA restaurants also appear on the website if I log in, so maybe it's not quite so dire yet.
samosa likes this.

Last edited by chrisl137; Oct 24, 2021 at 11:59 am
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by samosa
I was not able to find an answer (or picture) regarding this. I am a lounge member and every time I scan my boarding pass, I am asked if I want to buy a pass. My response is no, I have a membership, then they ask me for me MP number and say they don't take PP, and then they say "oh you are a member." Then they say, something is wrong because your boarding pass (under status) should say Lounge Member. Then they ask me to pull up a mobile boarding pass, no dice. I have contacted the lounge customer care and regular customer care, the latter said they flipped a switch to fix it, but it did not.

Just curious if:

1. there is actually a field I am missing on my boarding pass; and
2. there is a way to fix it

Edited to add:

I am a paid lounge member and have been for some time; and my MP number is in my BP.
I have had this problem since forever. It also used to throw the AA Admirals Club people for a loop as they wanted it to say Lounge. No amount of asking has seemed to fix it.
samosa likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by chrisl137
I'm appreciating the AS lounge a little more now, having got in just under the wire with the Lounge+ membership at the old prices.

I had been using Priority Pass restaurants, but they now appear to be completely gone on the west coast. PP is down to a couple of The Club lounges in inconvenient places in SEA, plus the AF/KLM lounge at SFO. Nothing else left in LAX, SFO, PDX, or SEA. And I haven't even seen the Starbucks at PDX open since I don't know when after the start of the pandemic. There are beans in the hoppers, so unless it's just been limited morning hours, I fear for whoever gets the first 100 cups or so when they reopen. Stale beans with a hint of forest fire smoke. Even if my schedule is tight I can at least run into the PDX lounge and grab coffee and a cookie in less time than it takes to wait in line somewhere.

Edit: apparently the SFO restaurants are still there, but it doesn't show you them on the website unless you're logged in. Capers Le Bar in PDX is still listed on the website, but there's a report over in Lounges that there are no PP partners at PDX, though I still see both Capers on the website. All the SEA restaurants also appear on the website if I log in, so maybe it's not quite so dire yet.
Dire is the gigantic hub at DEN that has absolutely no PP offerings or option.
nineworldseries likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
Dire is the gigantic hub at DEN that has absolutely no PP offerings or option.
Don't worry. Your four AS Lounge Passes, a trip to an airport bar, and a credit card will still buy you a pre-departure rum and coke!
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Don't worry. Your four AS Lounge Passes, a trip to an airport bar, and a credit card will still buy you a pre-departure rum and coke!
Only the latter two work at DEN. That is why I rejoined the AS Lounge on Sept. 29...
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
And I haven't even seen the Starbucks at PDX open since I don't know when after the start of the pandemic. There are beans in the hoppers, so unless it's just been limited morning hours, I fear for whoever gets the first 100 cups or so when they reopen.

PDX, though I still see both Capers on the website.
The Starbucks at PDX is an odd thing.... the only time I've seen any activity there over the last 6 months there is a sign that says "Closed - training in session".

I used my PP at Caper's a few weeks ago but I think that place is about to get demolished as part of the airport renovation. As they grind towards the finish line the hours seem to be sporadic and they often close REALLY early..... like around noon sometimes.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I'm about 95% sure I saw the C concourse Starbucks open again when I passed through last week.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Clam Chowder @ N this afternoon fyi
PDXPremier and samosa like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'm about 95% sure I saw the C concourse Starbucks open again when I passed through last week.
It's open again....and busy....they need a 2nd one.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtofell
The Starbucks at PDX is an odd thing.... the only time I've seen any activity there over the last 6 months there is a sign that says "Closed - training in session".

I used my PP at Caper's a few weeks ago but I think that place is about to get demolished as part of the airport renovation. As they grind towards the finish line the hours seem to be sporadic and they often close REALLY early..... like around noon sometimes.
I think the last time I saw the Capers Cafe open was in April or May of 2020. The little they've been open since then never seems to be past lunch and I usually fly out in the evening. Capers Market has been open as late as 8pm, I think, but often closes early if business is slow. If I have extra time I go through security on that side and get something to go, then go back to C for my flight.

You're right, though, that where they are is about to get demolished, so they might still be taking PP up to that point, but not for much longer. Last week, terminal C was blocked off right up to the edge of the AS lounge, so you could go to the lounge but no further toward ticketing/baggage/etc and had to take the new bypass.
samosa and mtofell like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:59 am

Just to confirm—lounge access should be available on arrival on a paid, same-day F ticket (subject, of course, to capacity restrictions)?
samosa and anteater like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by KE81
Just to confirm—lounge access should be available on arrival on a paid, same-day F ticket (subject, of course, to capacity restrictions)?
Yes, access upon arrival with paid first class ticket.
KE81 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by KE81

You should be fine.

Even during peak capacity restrictions, I never observed AS deny entry to paid F pax; AS seemed to reserve enough space to allow guests to enter freely.
KE81, samosa and pcoll like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by samosa
I was not able to find an answer (or picture) regarding this. I am a lounge member and every time I scan my boarding pass, I am asked if I want to buy a pass. My response is no, I have a membership, then they ask me for me MP number and say they don't take PP, and then they say "oh you are a member." Then they say, something is wrong because your boarding pass (under status) should say Lounge Member. Then they ask me to pull up a mobile boarding pass, no dice. I have contacted the lounge customer care and regular customer care, the latter said they flipped a switch to fix it, but it did not.

Just curious if:

1. there is actually a field I am missing on my boarding pass; and
2. there is a way to fix it

Edited to add:

I am a paid lounge member and have been for some time; and my MP number is in my BP.
To follow up on this, customer care found something in my profile that was "off." Reps in the lounge part of customer care, and within the physical lounges could not, but once the regular customer care rep "flipped the switch," it started working again. It does not display lounge member on my BP, but when they scan it, it now works.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:53 pm

Any SFO DPs on a early afternoon weekend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.