FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by pmblinn
I'm thinking endless loops of "Airplane!".
Or any of the "Airport" movies. And Don't call me "Shirley"...
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'd be good with HGTV....Love It or List It, House Hunters International, etc.
Well, to be fair, we often complain of some lounge inadequacies almost as petty as some of the crap the HH phony homebuyers complain about.
skyblue and Klrduks like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'd be good with HGTV....Love It or List It, House Hunters International, etc.
He’s a first officer for a major airline and she’s a stay at home mom. Their budget is 2.9 million dollars.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Yup. The Seahawks game was on the big screen in the N Bar area on sunday night, and a large number of people were watching it and enjoying the game. Seemed like a good use of the TV to me.

If I want to watch propaganda, I will just watch it on my laptop. Sports benefit from big screens. But of course I am a sports fan and enjoy watching it.
I agree navydevildoc. I was mostly referring to mornings as it seems like all I ever see now is ESPN's Steven A Smith yelling. (Thankfully in silence)
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Visconti
My vote would be Bloomberg TV placed on mute.
In the morning pre-flight? Market news.

At the end of a day of endless meetings, just wanting to get home? Looney Tunes.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Since I dislike televised news of any sort and have never heard of this "HGTV" stuff, if not sports on mute (but only real 'Murican sports!), I'd prefer a "virtual coral reef" video in warmer months and a "virtual fireplace" video in the cooler months. That said, in the N lounge, I'm usually trying to snag a seat that's more comfortable than the tables in front of the TV.
Klrduks and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
If the Weather Channel actually showed weather as it's primary product these days, that would actually be the most useful travel information. On the other hand, I'm sure someone would complain about the controversial nature of weather news.
Klrduks likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If the Weather Channel actually showed weather as its primary product these days, that would actually be the most useful travel information. On the other hand, I'm sure someone would complain about the controversial nature of weather news.
https://cdn.abcotvs.com/dip/images/5...labama-img.jpg
Old Oct 21, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA, AS, OZ
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but anyone with both MVPG and BAEC Silver having issues accessing Alaska Lounge on a domestic itinerary since Alaska has joined OW?
Today at the Seattle C Lounge the reception person wasn't sure if they were supposed to let me in flying SEA-MSO not connecting internationally. I only had my MVPG FF number on my boarding pass, but showed them my BAEC Silver card (which they didn't even realize meant OWS). The ended up letting me in for this time, but saying that they think you have to have the BAEC (or non-AS OWS/E) FF number on the boarding pass to get lounge access. They ended up saying they'd look into this as they're not sure. In the past, with AA Flagship Lounge for example, I've had no issues crediting a flight to AS on the boarding pass while using BAEC Silver card for lounge access.

As an additional data point, in August this year, at the PDX lounge, I also had a domestic PDX-DFW ticket with MVPG FF on it and was able to get in showing my BAEC Silver card no problems.

So I'd like to know what's the policy is regarding this? Anyone else has been in similar situations?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2021, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by pdxerinsaarland
So I'd like to know what's the policy is regarding this? Anyone else has been in similar situations?
Policy is your BA number must be in your reservation:
"If you are a oneworld Emerald or Sapphire member that has been earned through an airline other than American or Alaska, you are not required to have an international itinerary. For valid entry, the qualifying frequent flier number must be in your reservation."
mildfrequence and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by pdxerinsaarland
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but anyone with both MVPG and BAEC Silver having issues accessing Alaska Lounge on a domestic itinerary since Alaska has joined OW?
Today at the Seattle C Lounge the reception person wasn't sure if they were supposed to let me in flying SEA-MSO not connecting internationally. I only had my MVPG FF number on my boarding pass, but showed them my BAEC Silver card (which they didn't even realize meant OWS). The ended up letting me in for this time, but saying that they think you have to have the BAEC (or non-AS OWS/E) FF number on the boarding pass to get lounge access. They ended up saying they'd look into this as they're not sure. In the past, with AA Flagship Lounge for example, I've had no issues crediting a flight to AS on the boarding pass while using BAEC Silver card for lounge access.

As an additional data point, in August this year, at the PDX lounge, I also had a domestic PDX-DFW ticket with MVPG FF on it and was able to get in showing my BAEC Silver card no problems.

Thanks!
You can’t double dip. You should not have been let in and shouldn’t expect it in the future.
mpeterson78 likes this.

Last edited by RAD_PDX; Oct 21, 2021 at 8:53 pm Reason: Possibly incorrect, still waiting for confirmation
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
You can’t double dip. You should not have been let in and shouldn’t expect it in the future.
This is categorically untrue please don’t spread misinformation
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
This is categorically untrue please don’t spread misinformation
"If you are a oneworld Emerald or Sapphire member that has been earned through an airline other than American or Alaska, you are not required to have an international itinerary. For valid entry, the qualifying frequent flier number must be in your reservation."

Perhaps you can provide an intelligent elaboration or correction to my misunderstanding of that statement rather than your crass retort? If I'm wrong, I'd certainly like to correct the record.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
The oneworld policy triumphs AS policy

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges

• You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX

Perhaps you can provide an intelligent elaboration or correction to my misunderstanding of that statement rather than your crass retort?
This directly contradicts the OW lounge access policy, that I linked above. Out of my couple dozen visits to SEA N/D since March I have not once had any issue accessing the lounge showing my BAEC Gold card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.