FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I have yet to ever have a boarding pass say "Lounge" on it anywhere, which confuses the hell out of the AC reception folks. The Lounge card barcode is useless to them I guess, they have to manually punch in my MP number.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
I have yet to ever have a boarding pass say "Lounge" on it anywhere, which confuses the hell out of the AC reception folks. The Lounge card barcode is useless to them I guess, they have to manually punch in my MP number.
ORD has the only AC lounges I've visited, but every time, just scanning my BP has been enough to grant me entry and a warm welcome. Same for AS lounges as far as that goes, just a scan of the BP.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just joined the lounge this year.

Paid F tickets in the past have never shown lounge on the BP.

I just checked in for a flight and the BP in the app (iOS) does say "Alaska Lounge" in the corner, but the one that goes into my apple wallet doesn't. Maybe in some future version.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I am not sure if anyone has covered this already, but I was at the D Lounge yesterday and had to actually show my electronic lounge card because my ticket wasn't scanning properly. At any rate I pulled up my blue lounge pass card and the agent told me I needed to download the new green lounge card from the Alaska app, she said the blue cards will no longer grant access into partner lounges. FYI!
The virtual card just opens as green now (I am not sure what she meant by downloading the card ... )
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
This has been my experience pretty much every time at an AC. Some don't even attempt to scan the card. They end up manually entering my AS FFN.

The only exception was during a visit to the DFW C AC when one of the agents was able to get my MP# off of a scan of the digital lounge card. When I mentioned that no other AC agents have been able to figure out how to do that, her (dry) response was: "That's because they don't know how to do it right".
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
I suddenly feel very ill at ease about checking in to any AC but those at ORD. :/
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:49 am

RE: AC

I've been using them for quite some time now via the AS membership, and here's the routine I've noticed that's been relatively consistent with various ACs. Let them scan the boarding pass. Then, show and/or scan your AS mobile membership card. If it doesn't work, they'll just enter the number manually. In my experience, it's never been an issue, and I'm not really sure if I even keep track of the process.

It's all very quick.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Thank you for the info about the new electronic Lounge cards. I have been wondering how OW partners were going to know I was OW Emerald as the Apple Wallet version of my MVPG 75K shows the one world symbol but not the level. (Emerald etc.) The card in the Alaska App does, however. Both the MVPG 75K card in the app and Apple Wallet both do not have a barcode to scan so no way for a OW partner to know. Maybe the bar code on the Alaska Lounge will tell them?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Klrduks
Thank you for the info about the new electronic Lounge cards. I have been wondering how OW partners were going to know I was OW Emerald as the Apple Wallet version of my MVPG 75K shows the one world symbol but not the level. (Emerald etc.)
I'm making an assumption here, but I'd imagine it'll be like any int'l OW tix I've had where it'll list OWE on your BP. During those occasions where you may not be crediting it to AS, then, if I recall, if you open the AS app, it'll have OWE status on there. Worst case, I'd imagine that most of the international lounges will be able to quickly discern that AS 75K = OWE, and you can probably just have your AS membership on your phone, which should clearly state both.
Klrduks likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
My old blue lounge card showed Emerald on it, but now my fancy green one does not. I wonder if that will get corrected...

In the meantime, both my BP and Mileage Plan card both say Emerald, so I think it will all work out.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The virtual card just opens as green now (I am not sure what she meant by downloading the card ... )
She meant downloading it into your iphone wallet. I always download the cards that way I dont have to rely on iffy airport wifi.
NYC Flyer and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
LAX, EWR AC lounges always ask for my AA boarding pass and show my lounge card on the phone. They never punch in my MP # though. All they do is visually inspect the lounge card expiration date. Not sure if things changed in the past few weeks.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
At the CLT AC yesterday the agent scanned my AA boarding pass and then asked for my mileage plan number. As I was telling it to her, she stopped me and said it was already in their system. This was on an AA-AS set of flights bought with my AS miles. She did ask to see my AL membership card which was in my iPhone wallet.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I reported a week or so ago about having issues with giving people the guest lounge passes, however, today I had someone use the same code at PDX and both the D and N lounges in SEA with no issues. All that was needed was the code, as advertised.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by simonsuo
LAX, EWR AC lounges always ask for my AA boarding pass and show my lounge card on the phone. They never punch in my MP # though. All they do is visually inspect the lounge card expiration date. Not sure if things changed in the past few weeks.
That's been my experience as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.