FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:34 pm
BOB W

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by chrisl137
I'm appreciating the AS lounge a little more now, having got in just under the wire with the Lounge+ membership at the old prices.

I had been using Priority Pass restaurants, but they now appear to be completely gone on the west coast. PP is down to a couple of The Club lounges in inconvenient places in SEA, plus the AF/KLM lounge at SFO. Nothing else left in LAX, SFO, PDX, or SEA. And I haven't even seen the Starbucks at PDX open since I don't know when after the start of the pandemic. There are beans in the hoppers, so unless it's just been limited morning hours, I fear for whoever gets the first 100 cups or so when they reopen. Stale beans with a hint of forest fire smoke. Even if my schedule is tight I can at least run into the PDX lounge and grab coffee and a cookie in less time than it takes to wait in line somewhere.

Edit: apparently the SFO restaurants are still there, but it doesn't show you them on the website unless you're logged in. Capers Le Bar in PDX is still listed on the website, but there's a report over in Lounges that there are no PP partners at PDX, though I still see both Capers on the website. All the SEA restaurants also appear on the website if I log in, so maybe it's not quite so dire yet.
Dire is the gigantic hub at DEN that has absolutely no PP offerings or option.