FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by LWkitty
Does anyone know if they have resumed serving alcohol in the Alaska Lounges at SeaTac, now that we have moved to Phase 2 in King County? I have a flight next Friday, and would love to know if I'll be able to have a drink in the lounge prior to departing.
I can confirm that the sparkling wine and Bloody Marys are flowing again at N. I'll report back if the IPAs aren't.
SOCguy, LWkitty and anteater like this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: DL UA WN AMTK
Are day passes currently widely available (specifically at SEA)?

Namely, I'm currently booked on MSP-PDX on 4/7 although I've long suspected this will not survive the next schedule trim and I'll have to re-route through SEA. Based on the trimmed 3/31 schedule (one week earlier), I'll probably have to choose between a 7 AM departure or a 2:40 PM departure. I would prefer the 7 AM flight, but I can't get into my Portland hotel until 4 PM. Accordingly, once MSP-PDX gets axed I'm thinking about taking a longer layover at SEA so I don't get to Portland too early. This would be over a 4-hour layover and over the lunch hour so I was thinking about doing that, but only if I would be able to buy a day pass for the lounge. If not, I'd go for the 2:40 flight with a shorter layover.

(Obviously with a long layover, I don't care specifically which AS lounge at SEA I would use, if that makes a difference)

Last edited by KKILR3; Feb 6, 2021 at 10:15 am Reason: added detail, also had wrong date
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by KKILR3

Namely, I'm currently booked on MSP-PDX on 4/8 although I've long suspected this will not survive the next schedule trim and I'll have to re-route through SEA. Based on the trimmed 3/31 schedule (one week earlier), I'll probably have to choose between a 7 AM departure or a 2:40 PM departure. I would prefer the 7 AM flight, but I can't get into my Portland hotel until 4 PM. Accordingly, once MSP-PDX gets axed I'm thinking about taking a longer layover at SEA so I don't get to Portland too early. This would be over a 4-hour layover and over the lunch hour so I was thinking about doing that, but only if I would be able to buy a day pass for the lounge. If not, I'd go for the 2:40 flight with a shorter layover.

(Obviously with a long layover, I don't care specifically which AS lounge at SEA I would use, if that makes a difference)
The D lounge has become a little crowded at times (had a waitlist to get in at one point last year) but I've never seen the N lounge close to full. I don't want to make any guarantees, but you should be able to get one.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:01 am

Namely, I'm currently booked on MSP-PDX on 4/7 although I've long suspected this will not survive the next schedule trim and I'll have to re-route through SEA. Based on the trimmed 3/31 schedule (one week earlier), I'll probably have to choose between a 7 AM departure or a 2:40 PM departure. I would prefer the 7 AM flight, but I can't get into my Portland hotel until 4 PM. Accordingly, once MSP-PDX gets axed I'm thinking about taking a longer layover at SEA so I don't get to Portland too early. This would be over a 4-hour layover and over the lunch hour so I was thinking about doing that, but only if I would be able to buy a day pass for the lounge. If not, I'd go for the 2:40 flight with a shorter layover.

Actually looking at the Alaska website again, apparently first class passengers get lounge access without having to buy a day pass? (I'm in the 'I' fare class to be specific). Assuming that's not totally out-of-date then I think I will plan on the longer layover.

(As a side note, this was a super cheap F fare. The one-way MSP-PDX F ticket only cost like $170 when I booked it.)
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Actually looking at the Alaska website again, apparently first class passengers get lounge access without having to buy a day pass? (I'm in the 'I' fare class to be specific). Assuming that's not totally out-of-date then I think I will plan on the longer layover.

(As a side note, this was a super cheap F fare. The one-way MSP-PDX F ticket only cost like $170 when I booked it.)
I also booked a non-stop flight from PDX-MSP since it was about $27 cheaper than the option I really wanted which was a connection in SEA for more miles, especially since the 50% EQM bonus will still be in effect so really looking forward to the cancellation of the non-stop....lol. If you're on an I fare, yes, you'll get lounge access so take the longer layover and make sure they put you on a SEA-PDX flight with a F cabin since your I fare will cover the extra flight (and bonus miles)...being booked in First for such a low price and now fully expecting a schedule change to two flights in F instead of one would be a windfall for me.....congrats and enjoy your trip!
Old Feb 6, 2021, 11:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
A bit off topic, but with AS entering OW, instead of buying an AS lounge membership I’m going to pursue BAEC silver when borders open again.

I figure that the amount of money I’d use on a membership would be better use flying some cheap AA/AS domestic itineraries. Also, getting domestic flagship lounge access would be nice as well
So update, I ended up doing a successful trade on the CC forum to obtain BAEC Silver for the next 19 or so months (or more if BA ends up extending again) for the equivalent in hotel points that would be lesser than what I'd pay for a AS membership....pretty solid deal imo.

When travel gets up and running again, is there a lounge meetup thread where I can offer access to people in the future when I'm traveling?
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I also booked a non-stop flight from PDX-MSP since it was about $27 cheaper than the option I really wanted which was a connection in SEA for more miles, especially since the 50% EQM bonus will still be in effect so really looking forward to the cancellation of the non-stop....lol. If you're on an I fare, yes, you'll get lounge access so take the longer layover and make sure they put you on a SEA-PDX flight with a F cabin since your I fare will cover the extra flight (and bonus miles)...being booked in First for such a low price and now fully expecting a schedule change to two flights in F instead of one would be a windfall for me.....congrats and enjoy your trip!
Will do. One thing I've noticed in the Covid era, with lots of PDX suspensions, is that they've actually boosted a lot of SEA-PDX to 737s (or at least E175s), as opposed to the old schedule of all Q400s with a token 737 thrown in there. So it should be easy for me to be in F on both flights, even though F on SEA-PDX doesn't get you much other than a bigger seat.

Now I just have to keep an eye on the schedules so that when they change I can scramble to pick my new seats.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Will do. One thing I've noticed in the Covid era, with lots of PDX suspensions, is that they've actually boosted a lot of SEA-PDX to 737s (or at least E175s), as opposed to the old schedule of all Q400s with a token 737 thrown in there. So it should be easy for me to be in F on both flights, even though F on SEA-PDX doesn't get you much other than a bigger seat.

Now I just have to keep an eye on the schedules so that when they change I can scramble to pick my new seats.
If you're in I class for MSP-PDX and they auto-re-book you to MSP-SEA-PDX, the computer should automatically book you on a SEA-PDX flight with a F cabin. Yes, on this route a lot of folks will say all you get is a bigger seat for a 30 min. flight, but if you look at Flightaware, a lot of the PDX-SEA flights easily push or exceed 1 hour due to all the ground time....add another 30 min. for boarding prior to departure, and it's likely you'll be in that bigger seat for around 1.5 hours.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The D lounge has become a little crowded at times (had a waitlist to get in at one point last year) but I've never seen the N lounge close to full. I don't want to make any guarantees, but you should be able to get one.
Between 8:15 and 9:45 this morning, the N lounge didn't look to have more than 8 people at any one time. My departure was out of C, but I still always go to N, time allowing, for that very reason.
KKILR3 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 6:04 am

Nothing seems to have changed at PDX in the past several months. All drinks, including coffee and alcohol, are served from behind the bar. Pancakes and oatmeal are available on request, and packaged bagels and breakfast breads (which all looked good) are self-serve.

Edit: FYI for those who care, sip/eat and put your mask back on is not a thing here today. 10+ people sitting around chatting for an hour plus without ever putting their mask on. There is space to get away from them and I don’t personally care, but just a heads up to folks who might be bothered.
symbols, Bellerina and MileageMule like this.

Last edited by RAD_PDX; Feb 7, 2021 at 6:56 am
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:55 pm

Hey just wondering is there a Alaska lounge in San Diego? I did fly from San Diego last year in January there was this airspace lounge was flying f class lady told me it was for Amex platinum member only. Is there any lounge in San? Flying f class, on Alaska website lounge location it does say San airspace lounge listed and subjected to change without notice.Thank you
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Airnewzealand08
Hey just wondering is there a Alaska lounge in San Diego? I did fly from San Diego last year in January there was this airspace lounge was flying f class lady told me it was for Amex platinum member only. Is there any lounge in San? Flying f class. Thank you
None unfortunately. Although it comes with access with AS membership.
Airnewzealand08 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Any JFK AL News?

I thought I had heard a rumor about the reopening of the JFK AL as they increased the NY flying for the Spring. Anyone have any additional info, or was I just dreaming that I heard that rumor? Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Which lounge is the larger / nicer? I have been to both but I don’t recall.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
Which lounge is the larger / nicer? I have been to both but I don’t recall.
N is only a year or two old and is the "flagship" Alaska lounge. It is much larger and more modern than the D lounge.
NoLaGent and anteater like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.