Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk


Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Aug 13, 2021, 3:07 pm
  #826  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Posts: 3,888
Originally Posted by safari ari
Huh? DL moved out of T5 almost 5 years ago. Not sure i'd consider T5 nicer than T4 aesthetically and it is smaller, but to each their own. I definitely would not rate the AC provisions, either in T4 or T5 better than AS.
Ah come on! Have you not had the avocado toast or guac & chips?

yes, the lounge Delta spent millions on to abandon like.. 4 years later? I haven't been to T4 in 2 mos, have they finally opened up the "rest" of the lounge? Plus it closes at midnight.

As much as I do love my Alaska, I enjoy being away from people more than anything right now. And a lounge that's maybe at 15% capacity on a Friday vs the Alaska lounge which felt like 65%, it was a no brainer.
FlyerDigits likes this.

Last edited by UAPremierExec; Aug 13, 2021 at 7:30 pm
UAPremierExec is offline  
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:38 pm
  #827  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
To access the Alaska Lounge, passengers must show their same-day First Class boarding pass to the Alaska Lounge Staff.

Dumb Question: does this mean I can access the lounge at my destination (SEA) after the flight?
aeroo777 is offline  
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:48 pm
  #828  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 3,272
Originally Posted by aeroo777
To access the Alaska Lounge, passengers must show their same-day First Class boarding pass to the Alaska Lounge Staff.

Dumb Question: does this mean I can access the lounge at my destination (SEA) after the flight?
Yes
anteater is offline  
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:18 pm
  #829  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 10,849
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Ah come on! Have you not had the avocado toast or guac & chips?

yes, the lounge Delta spent millions on to abandon like.. 4 years later? I haven't been to T4 in 2 mos, have they finally opened up the "rest" of the lounge? Plus it closes at midnight.

As much as I do love my Alaska, I enjoy being away from people more than anything right now. And a lounge that's maybe at 15% capacity on a Friday vs the Alaska lounge which felt like 65%, it was a no brainer.
The guac and chips really is my favorite thing about ACs so yes, if you have the time, in this case, it's worth the walk. I will say that some time ago I received a very detailed survey about my preferences regarding the Alaska Lounges and if I recall correctly, guacamole was specifically mentioned so if we could get a guacamole station along with the pancake maker, that would be a match made in heaven.
PDXPremier is online now  
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:19 pm
  #830  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by anteater
Yes
Thanks!
If only I didnt have checked luggage to fetch.
aeroo777 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2021, 1:46 pm
  #831  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 829
Quirky question thats tangentially related: does alaska lounge membership earn 3x using alaska cc? Or 5x for amex plat? Or maybe 3x for CSR travel category? Trying to decide the best card to use
AndyKehn is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2021, 1:51 pm
  #832  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 3,272
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Quirky question thats tangentially related: does alaska lounge membership earn 3x using alaska cc? Or 5x for amex plat? Or maybe 3x for CSR travel category? Trying to decide the best card to use
It’s not coded as airfare, so I wouldn’t expect 5x for the AMEX PLAT.

edit for more details.

CC companies rely on merchant codes to automate your point earnings. So, for the 5x on the AMEX PLAT, AMEX looks at the purchase and if it is on a whitelist of merchant codes that are for airfare, it automatically posts the 5x points. The T&C for the 5x points say,
Eligible air purchases are purchases of scheduled flights made directly with a passenger airline or through American Express Travel
Based on econ 's datapoint, it's possible it will post with a merchant code that comes up as airfare, but the risk you take is getting 1x points per dollar.

I don't know about the Alaska CC or Chase CSR, but if the T&C's allow for the point multipliers on a lounge membership, you run no risk using those to achieve your desired outcome.

Let us know how it goes!

Last edited by anteater; Aug 14, 2021 at 2:28 pm
anteater is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:00 pm
  #833  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Posts: 4,748
Originally Posted by anteater
Its not coded as airfare, so I wouldnt expect 5x for the AMEX PLAT.
Mine was, with 5x MR points.
anteater and FlyerDigits like this.
econ is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:04 pm
  #834  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 3,272
Originally Posted by econ
Mine was, with 5x MR points.
Lucky! Mine wasnt. Did you renew online or at the lounge?

I wonder if it gets coded differently depending on the platform.
anteater is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:18 pm
  #835  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Posts: 3,437
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Quirky question thats tangentially related: does alaska lounge membership earn 3x using alaska cc? Or 5x for amex plat? Or maybe 3x for CSR travel category? Trying to decide the best card to use
Not about membership though: I haven't tried it, but if you have selected AS for the $200 Platinum airline credit, you may get a credit for the day pass at $50, which is only $25 if you have the Alaska Visa, which I also have, but also not tried.
vanillabean is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:34 pm
  #836  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Posts: 4,748
Originally Posted by anteater
Lucky! Mine wasnt. Did you renew online or at the lounge?

I wonder if it gets coded differently depending on the platform.
I did purchase at a lounge.
FlyerDigits likes this.
econ is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:40 pm
  #837  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Posts: 369
Originally Posted by econ
Mine was, with 5x MR points.
Can confirm 3X "Airfare" on the Gold card for me. Transaction details even specify it as a Boardroom membership.
SOCguy is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:31 pm
  #838  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Posts: 3,437
"Emerald and Sapphire members earned through Alaska or American Airlines are eligible for complimentary lounge access when they travel on an itinerary to Mexico City, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia."

AS SFO-JFK reservation in the morning, YA reservation JFK-HEL in the evening; separate for various reasons including the AS website does not support non-award OW travel. Is there a way to grant me access to the SFO lounge prior to the first flight?
vanillabean is offline  
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:27 am
  #839  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC
Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Posts: 2,088
Originally Posted by vanillabean
"Emerald and Sapphire members earned through Alaska or American Airlines are eligible for complimentary lounge access when they travel on an itinerary to Mexico City, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia."

AS SFO-JFK reservation in the morning, YA reservation JFK-HEL in the evening; separate for various reasons including the AS website does not support non-award OW travel. Is there a way to grant me access to the SFO lounge prior to the first flight?
I'm assuming AY*, but yes you would as the same day OW longhaul ticket would give you access as a OWS/OWE. This isn't specific to the AS Lounge, as there currently isn't one, but you would have access to the AC in T1 and AS Lounge in T2 when it opens.
vanillabean likes this.
safari ari is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:06 am
  #840  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 829
Can anyone confirm that amex plat credit will apply for online purchase of Alaska lounge membership?
AndyKehn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.