FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Don't quite understand the rationale to let PP in if D already has a wait list and N has a long line for the bar. I wonder how much is from an uptick in travel and how much is from PP lounge access.
That said, N was pretty dead last Friday evening.

Does anyone know if they are turning away PP?
PP is only being accepted at the N lounge, not the D lounge.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I think Alaska IT updated something on their routers. I used to be able to just hop on wifi, open the redirect page & accept and off to the web....

Now it seems, at least in ANC & SEA, you now have to use the passcode to connect + redirect on devices that normally did not require it.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
PP is only being accepted at the N lounge, not the D lounge.
Yes, but I expect N will be much busier if D continues to be at capacity.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Not sure if this has been commented already, but the lounge in anchorage has glassware bake, which is probably the first time I've seen reusable glass at any lounge in almost a year now
anteater likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by itripreport
Not sure if this has been commented already, but the lounge in anchorage has glassware bake, which is probably the first time I've seen reusable glass at any lounge in almost a year now
Glassware has been back at SEA N lounge for a while now. Probably since WA reopened bars & restaurants. I didn't notice when but do recall taking the empties back to the plastic bin on my way back to the bar. Last time I was there was Feb. 26.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by BOB W
Glassware has been back at SEA N lounge for a while now. Probably since WA reopened bars & restaurants. I didn't notice when but do recall taking the empties back to the plastic bin on my way back to the bar. Last time I was there was Feb. 26.
It seems like itís a mix there. I got wine and beer from the bar in a glass, but coffee is still served in paper cups and I believe the utensils are all plastic
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It seems like it’s a mix there. I got wine and beer from the bar in a glass, but coffee is still served in paper cups and I believe the utensils are all plastic
Soup and oatmeal are served in a good sized paper bowl (with or without lid), utensils are plastic and hot sauce is added by the server.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
... and hot sauce is added by the server.
Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
itripreport likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
A quick recap of the lounges from this past weekends travels:

The type of food seems fairly consistent across lounges. Full bar available at all lounges. Pastries, snacks, oatmeal, pancakes and later soup, salad, chips, cheese cubes, cookies, and more pancakes...

LAX - By far the worst. We somehow went from very strict, no eating or drinking, to people not wearing masks at all. Okay, that's fine, but if you're going to be relaxed with the policy, let me get my own food and drink. You have to stand behind the rope line and point and what you want.
Is the food at LAX similar to other AS lounges, trying to decide if its worth going to over the AC.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by safari ari
Is the food at LAX similar to other AS lounges, trying to decide if its worth going to over the AC.
From what I could see, yes. The chips, cookies, brownies are all out in jars and you just point at those and they give them to you. Then thereís a menu board that lists the salads, soup and at the time, turkey pinwheels, and they bring those out from the back. The bar was operating with the full beverage selection as well. Iím not sure what the current deal is at the AC though, so itís hard for me to compare.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
At PDX right now. Tasty password reminder came in helpful when my laptop was churning and wouldn't connect. For some reason it never said "bad password", it just kept recycling trying to join.

Beer selection is excellent, view of the pit not so much. I feel like Chris Pratt should be down there singing "The Pit" from Parks and Recreation.

Hosts are being extremely proactive about mask wearing, walking through telling people to put their mask back up even if they have a food or bev on the table.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
It seems like itís a mix there. I got wine and beer from the bar in a glass, but coffee is still served in paper cups and I believe the utensils are all plastic
I think the variable glassware is due to the clean glassware availability. Was in the N lounge a few days ago and got Bloody Mary in glass. Next trip in plastic.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Hosts are being extremely proactive about mask wearing, walking through telling people to put their mask back up even if they have a food or bev on the table.
Hmmm.... local restaurant guidelines allow removal as soon as you sit down (As does Caper's just down the terminal). Just have to mask-up while walking in/out, to bathroom, etc. I thought all these places were just following the local rules. This sounds like they are treating it more like being on the plane.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
At LAX, was told Iíd have to wait 15 minutes as there was a waitlist with a family and such trying to get in. Not sure if because a few people left or because I had an AS membership, but was subsequently let in. Lounge is 75% full already, chicken soup todayís offering.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mtofell
Hmmm.... local restaurant guidelines allow removal as soon as you sit down (As does Caper's just down the terminal). Just have to mask-up while walking in/out, to bathroom, etc. I thought all these places were just following the local rules. This sounds like they are treating it more like being on the plane.
Yeah that's how it felt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.