FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Yes, as long as you have a same day boarding pass, it doesn't need to be an Alaska boarding pass to use PP.
IIRC it needs to be within 3 hours of your departure too (no arrival lounge use sadly)
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
IIRC it needs to be within 3 hours of your departure too (no arrival lounge use sadly)
This is one thing I do appreciate about having an actual AS Lounge membership....the ability to use the lounge upon arrival as I've done when returning to PDX.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
This is one thing I do appreciate about having an actual AS Lounge membership....the ability to use the lounge upon arrival as I've done when returning to PDX.
Pre-Covid and all the shutdowns I have run through Capers near the B/C security checkpoint at PDX many times without a problem when landing. I'm never sure if I'm just getting lucky or if that is okay. They never seem to look too close at my boarding pass (or even ask for it for that matter).

I've never been in the PDX Alaska lounge but have used the ones at JFK and LAS and don't recall them looking too close at my boarding pass. It's usually just a cursory look to be sure I have one (like the person letting me out the door at Costco). Do they really check that close to be sure it's a departing pass vs. an arrival?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 1:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mtofell
Pre-Covid and all the shutdowns I have run through Capers near the B/C security checkpoint at PDX many times without a problem when landing. I'm never sure if I'm just getting lucky or if that is okay. They never seem to look too close at my boarding pass (or even ask for it for that matter).

I've never been in the PDX Alaska lounge but have used the ones at JFK and LAS and don't recall them looking too close at my boarding pass. It's usually just a cursory look to be sure I have one (like the person letting me out the door at Costco). Do they really check that close to be sure it's a departing pass vs. an arrival?
A) Assume it's LAX you're referring to, not LAS
B) Yes, they look at your boarding pass like they do at certain warehouse stores; ensuring you are departing when using PP. AS scans it.​​​​​​
Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:44 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
A) Assume it's LAX you're referring to, not LAS
​​​​​​
It was LAS but now I'm thinking it wasn't an Alaska lounge.... it was in the newer Alaska terminal. I was also at one a few years back in the older SW Airlines area terminal at LAS. Can't remember what that was either. I usually just look at the Priority Pass app and head to what is on the list.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by mtofell
It was LAS but now I'm thinking it wasn't an Alaska lounge.... it was in the newer Alaska terminal. I was also at one a few years back in the older SW Airlines area terminal at LAS. Can't remember what that was either. I usually just look at the Priority Pass app and head to what is on the list.
The one in T3 all the way down one end (North, I think) of the hall? That's the Club or whatever they call it lounge offering access to PP and KE passengers, amongst others.
be_rettSEA and mtofell like this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Could someone please wake me when JFK re-opens (hopefully before UA buys out the joint)...
Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
N lounge @ SEA today, all food and bev options available EXCEPT alcohol. So silly. Here from 12-2.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HangryDad
N lounge @ SEA today, all food and bev options available EXCEPT alcohol. So silly. Here from 12-2.
Everything back to self-serve?
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everything back to self-serve?
Answering my own question since I'm in the lounge now....with the exception of the soup and specialty coffee drinks, everything is back to self-serve...even the pancake machine at 8:45pm
beckoa, pcoll, RAD_PDX and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Hoping for JFK lounge reopening March 18,2021 ?!

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Could someone please wake me when JFK re-opens (hopefully before UA buys out the joint)...
With only one AS flight to JFK through March 17, JFK reopening is doubtful until March 18th, almost 1 year after initial closure. The good news is, if the current schedule sticks, beginning March 18th, there will be 3 flights from SEA, 4 flight from LAX, 4 flights from SFO, and one flight from PDX. March 18 is likely the day. (Flights are very empty however...)

Will we also see UA's guest?!

Jiburi
Old Jan 17, 2021, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Answering my own question since I'm in the lounge now....with the exception of the soup and specialty coffee drinks, everything is back to self-serve...even the pancake machine at 8:45pm
Same as my recent visit earlier, although the self-serve coffee machine was also available then.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA
Any updates on the dining situation at LAX, still to-go only?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jiburi
...if the current schedule sticks...

Will we also see UA's guest?!
I fear these will continue to be pushed back. But, the announcement of SAN-JFK is at least a tease there will be some form of commitment to SoCal transcons more broadly.

As long as passenger numbers remain depressed on both carriers, I can see lounge cooperation with UA, as AS directs their club members to the United Club at several stations already.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:39 pm
LRD

Programs: AA 6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Picnic Packs now available @ N, $6.95. (Three choices: Deli, Tapas, Kids)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.