FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
I still think SEA makes sense for a OW shared lounge, too.
It'll have to be in the S gates though, C doesn't really help that, being the Intl terminal. Could repurpose the BA lounge and make it better (not that hard for a BA outstation). Considering CX cancelled their SEA route and the downturn for the next foreseeable future, not sure OW will want to put money into it right now or if there will be enough traffic.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 9:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by safari ari
It'll have to be in the S gates though, C doesn't really help that, being the Intl terminal. Could repurpose the BA lounge and make it better (not that hard for a BA outstation). Considering CX cancelled their SEA route and the downturn for the next foreseeable future, not sure OW will want to put money into it right now or if there will be enough traffic.
Assuming AA adds its two international flights, plus BA, plus QR and maybe CX, a new lounge of some kind seems reasonable.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
With the huge N lounge and two story D lounge, my guess is that lounge will be re-purposed permanently. If I recall, one of the AL agents at SEA told me last year that it was being used for unaccompanied minors transiting in SEA. The other option as AA increasing their SEA flying would be for it to become an AC.
The plan is to reopen it when passenger counts approach pre-COVID levels. It also would be needed if the D Lounge is remodeled to match the current brand standard. Of course, plans could change.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
LAX AL 2/13 Noon

Nice to see that consumption of food & beverage is again permitted in the LAX AL. Still "sip or snack and put it back for masks" and compliance was good. We entered on my AC membership. The agent said they were nearly full to COVID-19 restrictions & had 17 on the waitlist but no issue with access. The self-serve area was cordoned off and an Agent filled requests. Soup (Turkey Lasagna soup was good), salads (salad greens with grape tomatoes & artichokes, chicken on the side and a choice of ranch or Thai sesame dressing) & vegetable or caprese cups were available from the kitchen and brought out on request.

The bar was open and serving beer, wine & spirits. The barista coffee were also available. The spicy Bloody Mary was tasty.

James
CO-PLAT, NoLaGent and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The agent said they were nearly full to COVID-19 restrictions & had 17 on the waitlist but no issue with access.
Please explain.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Just flew into SEA, and there's a good bit of pandemonium about, not surprisingly. Long Cust Svc desk lines, crowds at gates waiting for delayed flights, and so on. And the N Lounge is practically standing room only. Only letting in paid FC pax and lounge members. Several folks wanting to buy day passes were turned back ahead of me at the check-in desk. Almost feel slightly guilty enjoying my Bloody Mary. :/
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
Please explain.
Ditto.....I understand having a waitlist for people wanting to use a day pass, but denying access to Alaska Lounge members would need to include some form of compensation since lounge members essentially pre-paid for entry.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 4:50 pm

Please explain.
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Ditto.....I understand having a waitlist for people wanting to use a day pass, but denying access to Alaska Lounge members would need to include some form of compensation since lounge members essentially pre-paid for entry.
Who said they were denying access to Alaska Lounge members? Where did that come from? Let's not jump to conclusions! The sign was out stating that they were not accepting Priority Pass. Perhaps they, along with those wishing to purchase a day pass at $50 full pop or $25 with the BofA Alaska Airlines Credit Card, were waitlisted. Access to the AL with an AC membership should be accommodated after all AL members but before daypass holders & Priority Pass. No? According to an AL agent, Everytime I visit an AL, AS bills AA for my visit & guest. If I visit both the N lounge & D lounge in SEA on the same day, AA gets charged twice. If I visit the AL in PDX or LAX later that day, AA gets charged again. While I was told that there was a waitlist 17 long, I was not not made privvy to the makeup of that list. It was busier than I have seen in LAX in a long time.

For Priority pass, don't you text a number to be added to the waitlist?

James
NoLaGent and Klrduks like this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Access to the AL with an AC membership should be accommodated after all AL members but before daypass holders & Priority Pass. No? According to an AL agent, Everytime I visit an AL, AS bills AA for my visit & guest. If I visit both the N lounge & D lounge in SEA on the same day, AA gets charged twice. If I visit the AL in PDX or LAX later that day, AA gets charged again.
I have no sourcing, but I doubt that there is formal policy prioritizing AL members over AC members. My experience is that they are treated the same. Also, while my AC number is collected upon AL entry, I wonder whether there is a hard-dollar, per-entry cost charged to AA. I've offered both my Priority Pass and my AC card and most times the agent used Priority Pass. With Amex's old deal with AA, AC visits were tracked, but there was no formal chargeback.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:16 pm

I have no sourcing, but I doubt that there is formal policy prioritizing AL members over AC members. My experience is that they are treated the same. Also, while my AC number is collected upon AL entry, I wonder whether there is a hard-dollar, per-entry cost charged to AA. I've offered both my Priority Pass and my AC card and most times the agent used Priority Pass. With Amex's old deal with AA, AC visits were tracked, but there was no formal chargeback.
AC & AL Members may well be viewed as equal and on a first come first served basis but given a capacity limitation during an extraordinary time and waitlisting of either programs lounge members, I would hope that AL Members would be accommodated first. Likewise, AC Members should be accommodated first at ACs before AL Members given the same situation. That seems fair, but sometimes life gets in the way.

I am relaying what I was told by a AL agent at reception when I specifically asked. While I certainly don't know the financial side of AC Members accessing ALs & AL Members accessing ACs it may be a plus/minus transfer on a quarterly or other periodic basis. AL Members accessing United Clubs, however, may be a direct out-of-pocket monthly expenditure.

James
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Is the pdx lounge open/ full service?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Please explain.
Reduced capacity limits due to C-19 and PP waitlist. Nothing else to see here.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Is the pdx lounge open/ full service?
It's the same as it has been for the past several months. All drinks are served from the bar in addition to pancakes and oatmeal. Prepackaged snacks are self serve.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It's the same as it has been for the past several months. All drinks are served from the bar in addition to pancakes and oatmeal. Prepackaged snacks are self serve.
(Just curious why the snacks are pre-packaged as opposed to just "packaged.")
Old Feb 14, 2021, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(Just curious why the snacks are pre-packaged as opposed to just "packaged.")
I suppose some of the lovely staff could package them when you arrive and ask for them, would that make them "post-packaged"?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.