FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Feb 12, 2021, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Tack
I thought I had heard a rumor about the reopening of the JFK AL as they increased the NY flying for the Spring. Anyone have any additional info, or was I just dreaming that I heard that rumor? Thanks!
No news, but the big rumor was UA using it for their JFK-SFO/LAX PS flights, but those have been pushed back again to the end of March, so we'll see.

Originally Posted by anteater
Which lounge is the larger / nicer? I have been to both but I dont recall.
N>C>D, but no idea when C will reopen.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:07 pm

The soup.in N is very good. Had 3 cups in the span of 2 hours when I was there. I also like the fancy coffee station.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yeah, N by far in SEA is worth the hike (and train ride) even if you're not leaving from N. I love the fact that they are virtually 100% self-serve again....and you can make your own pancakes for dinner
KKILR3 and Bellerina like this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 7:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
no idea when C will reopen.
Not anytime soon.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
PHOTOS of the N side at SEA for that that have not had the good fortune to visit yet
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Has anyone heard any news for when the new Alaska Lounge will open in San Francisco? All I've heard is that it's been delayed to 2021.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I haven't seen any updates. I don't think there's enough demand right now at SFO to support a lounge - just not a lot of passengers. My DCA nonstop today had 30 passengers. Last week I had a Florida flight with 15. They're going to need numbers much higher than that to support opening a lounge.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
No news, but the big rumor was UA using it for their JFK-SFO/LAX PS flights, but those have been pushed back again to the end of March, so we'll see.
Thanks! That may be good news if UA pays AS to open the JFK AL for both airlines. My JFK trips are in April and on. Im an AA EP, but AS has some amazing FC fares LAX-JFK. Im not a lay flat snob plus the AA EDQ earning on AS is great if you get the current $535.00 fare. Cheers! (BTW, count me as happier then hell that AS is tight with AA and soon OW).
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Tack
Thanks! That may be good news if UA pays AS to open the JFK AL for both airlines. My JFK trips are in April and on. Im an AA EP, but AS has some amazing FC fares LAX-JFK. Im not a lay flat snob plus the AA EDQ earning on AS is great if you get the current $535.00 fare. Cheers! (BTW, count me as happier then hell that AS is tight with AA and soon OW).
With AA not waiving EQD theyre basically begging elites to spend money at AS and not AA...an interesting business strategy
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:26 pm

slightly off topic but can I access lounge over two days?

Got a flight coming up, First (I). Get into Seatac at 8:45 pm and was hoping to hit the N lounge for a few drinks and my connecting is the next morning at 7 am and was hoping to grab a pancake. Doable?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trektheusa
Got a flight coming up, First (I). Get into Seatac at 8:45 pm and was hoping to hit the N lounge for a few drinks and my connecting is the next morning at 7 am and was hoping to grab a pancake. Doable?
I think that would work if you have your boarding pass printed out (for both flights)....I know I've used the AL on arrival at PDX, but I'm a lounge member.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by trektheusa
You can access the lounge upon arrival on day 1. You should not be able to get in on day 2 unless that’s a first class ticket too.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 4:32 pm

Talking of course!

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
You can access the lounge upon arrival on day 1. You should not be able to get in on day 2 unless thats a first class ticket too.
This will probably be my only flight this year so I decided First class all the way! plus after everything was said and done, it wasn't much more than Main Cabin
NoLaGent and Bellerina like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
Not anytime soon.
With the huge N lounge and two story D lounge, my guess is that lounge will be re-purposed permanently. If I recall, one of the AL agents at SEA told me last year that it was being used for unaccompanied minors transiting in SEA. The other option as AA increasing their SEA flying would be for it to become an AC.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
With the huge N lounge and two story D lounge, my guess is that lounge will be re-purposed permanently. If I recall, one of the AL agents at SEA told me last year that it was being used for unaccompanied minors transiting in SEA. The other option as AA increasing their SEA flying would be for it to become an AC.
I still think SEA makes sense for a OW shared lounge, too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.