FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Here are links to waitlists for the Alaska Lounges:

Seattle D Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sead1

Seattle N Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/sean13

Seattle C Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/seac1

Portland Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungepdx

LAX Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungelax
Directions to the stairway to the lounge in post 1988.

Anchorage Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungeanc

New York Lounge: https://v1.waitwhile.com/welcome/alaskaloungejfk

Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounges (2021-2022)

Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Oh no! Is this temporary or permanent? I would use that long hallway connector a lot in pre-COVID times when the DL lounge was open, as well as when Capers Market was worth visiting on Priority Pass...
I think it's just temporary, but make sure you leave plenty of time to re-clear at C if you need to go to D for some reason....with Pre-Check, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have a long layover coming up at LAX this weekend flying AS paid F, and I'm trying to understand the present lounge situation. So Amex is take and go, no seating if I understand that correctly. I thought I interpreted AS was that way too, or am I reading that wrong? Something like you can stay in the lounge, but no eating or drinking. I'd have to go outside to do that (which I don't get the different between inside the lounge vs inside a terminal, but I digress...), then come back in? Or no staying in the lounge at all?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by denCSA
I have a long layover coming up at LAX this weekend flying AS paid F, and I'm trying to understand the present lounge situation. So Amex is take and go, no seating if I understand that correctly. I thought I interpreted AS was that way too, or am I reading that wrong? Something like you can stay in the lounge, but no eating or drinking. I'd have to go outside to do that (which I don't get the different between inside the lounge vs inside a terminal, but I digress...), then come back in? Or no staying in the lounge at all?
You're allowed to stay in the lounge, but you can't eat or drink anything inside. If you go and pick things up, they'll ask if you're on your way out and remind you that you can't eat or drink anything in the lounge.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeyItsMK
You're allowed to stay in the lounge, but you can't eat or drink anything inside. If you go and pick things up, they'll ask if you're on your way out and remind you that you can't eat or drink anything in the lounge.
Which is interesting since the AC at LAX will package your food to go, but allow you to eat it in the lounge.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks, that clears it up for me. Not that it makes any sense or anything...
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
LA County just announced a relaxing of "Stay at Home" orders that will allow outdoor dining again, among other things. Whether this status includes some additional flexibility for airline clubs at LAX remains TBD.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 5:06 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I don't understand this policy at the AS LAX lounge. Over at the AA and UA lounges there you can eat or drink to your heart's content.

[MENTION=2194]AA[/MENTION] Admirals Club

@ UA Club

cesco.g and PDXPremier like this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aw
I don't understand this policy at the AS lounge. Over at the AA and UA lounges in LAX you can eat or drink to your heart's content.
[MENTION=2194]AA[/MENTION] Admirals Club

@ UA Club

I actually mentioned this in my Alaska Lounge survey, but haven't heard back.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 1:06 pm

Currently at the AS lounge in LAX. Rules were just relaxed so that you can eat and drink in the lounge, but your mask must be up in between bites (similar policy onboard). Wine and Barista made coffee is available, the tap for the beers are off (trying to get that running again). Snacks will need to be served/gathered by staff.

As an aside, I just picked up food to go from the centurion lounge, and the staff mentioned that next week policy should be changing where its not just grab and go. As what the policy may change to, I didn't press further.
PDXPremier and RAD_PDX like this.

Last edited by anhuang19; Jan 27, 2021 at 1:14 pm Reason: Adding alcohol and coffee comment
Old Jan 27, 2021, 4:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
A bit off topic, but with AS entering OW, instead of buying an AS lounge membership Im going to pursue BAEC silver when borders open again.

I figure that the amount of money Id use on a membership would be better use flying some cheap AA/AS domestic itineraries. Also, getting domestic flagship lounge access would be nice as well
Old Jan 27, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
A bit off topic, but with AS entering OW, instead of buying an AS lounge membership Im going to pursue BAEC silver when borders open again.

I figure that the amount of money Id use on a membership would be better use flying some cheap AA/AS domestic itineraries. Also, getting domestic flagship lounge access would be nice as well
It's obviously a moot point for the time being, but keep in mind that if you're traveling on an AS ticket and want access to Flagship in LAX, DFW or JFK, it won't work as you have to have a boarding pass with access to the same Concourse/Terminal as the Flagship.:

"Eligible customers must have access to the American terminal or concourse in order to use the lounge at that location. Gate passes will not be issued."
Old Jan 27, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by NoLaGent

"Eligible customers must have access to the American terminal or concourse in order to use the lounge at that location. Gate passes will not be issued."
At LAX one can walk all the way from the United gates to TBIT post security so no need for a gate pass for any passengers using the South side terminals.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
It's obviously a moot point for the time being, but keep in mind that if you're traveling on an AS ticket and want access to Flagship in LAX, DFW or JFK, it won't work as you have to have a boarding pass with access to the same Concourse/Terminal as the Flagship.:

LAX is connected landside.

AS will probably move to t8 at JFK in 2022. The AS lounge or BA lounge at t7 would suffice until then. I'll probably be using AA if I ever have the need to go to DFW, I don't think AS even has a CA - DFW route
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
At LAX one can walk all the way from the United gates to TBIT post security so no need for a gate pass for any passengers using the South side terminals.
That is true, although I guess we'll have to wait for them to reopen to see if any other access changes are on the horizon.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
...AS will probably move to t8 at JFK in 2022. The AS lounge or BA lounge at t7 would suffice until then. I'll probably be using AA if I ever have the need to go to DFW, I don't think AS even has a CA - DFW route
I'm glad you have a back-up plan for JFK, but be prepared to have it in effect for much longer than 2022. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey announced months ago that contract negotiations have stalled and the 2025 completion date will likely be pushed back by several years.

Other than just a couple (maybe more, if access changes) of Flaship Lounge access questions, I think your BAEC Silver plan is solid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.