Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by KL808
Seatguru doesn't have the 737 MAX 9 for AS

Booked LAX-HNL and row 1 in F per Alaska dot com when you click on it says "Does not Recline". Is that true?
Try aeroLOPA as it has better seat maps for several airlines than Seat Guru.

https://www.aerolopa.com/
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Hi, a question about baggage allowances, would appreciate some advice.

We are considering AS flight next year SJC-PDX, mine a redemption with BA avios and my partner with AA miles, both in Y. I am OW Emerald and she is OW Sapphire.

Would we get free check-in bags or would we have to pay?

Thanks,
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by LSunbury
Hi, a question about baggage allowances, would appreciate some advice.

We are considering AS flight next year SJC-PDX, mine a redemption with BA avios and my partner with AA miles, both in Y. I am OW Emerald and she is OW Sapphire.

Would we get free check-in bags or would we have to pay?

Thanks,
Your OW Emerald OW Sapphire status will get you free bags. Make sure that whatever program you earned that though is on your reservation.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Great thanks!

Looks like we have to ring to get the FF number changed - AA miles/BA status.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA
What is the usual procedure to get compensation for plane swap?
I bought a FC tix and chose 4A. Plane was swapped and only have 3 rows of FC. I got seated in 8F and was told that I'll get reimbursed. Haven't been contacted by AS yet so far. Do I have to proactively request it?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
What is the consensus on a 75K booking 2 non-status companions and getting PC seating for all 3 at booking? I know it has been reported being done but is this just an agent being nice? I assume so since I don't think it's technically a benefit?
I know I've seen this discussed on here somewhere but couldn't remember where...
I've not seen the Flyertalk discussion, but I know from an executive platinum calling in, getting 3 seats would requires a nice agent, and it's against policy. 75ks will probably have a better chance of getting a nice agent, but the benefits do state "a companion", so I wouldn't expect it.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: Alaska
I keep getting phantom availability on Iceland Air award tickets. I seem to remember this is common. Should I bother calling in or won't it make a difference?
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:47 am

Hi, I have a question about Alaska air award ticket. I bought a one way ticket using 15000 miles and $5.60. Will miles post back if I cancel the ticket? Is there a fee associated with miles redeposit to account? On Alaska website, it said “Once you have canceled your ticket, and paid the cancellation fee, and requested that the miles be redeposited, your miles will go back into your account, and any taxes paid will be refunded”. How much is the cancellation fee? I can’t find anywhere. TIA.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by tiffany
Hi, I have a question about Alaska air award ticket. I bought a one way ticket using 15000 miles and $5.60. Will miles post back if I cancel the ticket? Is there a fee associated with miles redeposit to account? On Alaska website, it said “Once you have canceled your ticket, and paid the cancellation fee, and requested that the miles be redeposited, your miles will go back into your account, and any taxes paid will be refunded”. How much is the cancellation fee? I can’t find anywhere. TIA.
Miles go back to your account, money back to your CC. Any mention of a cancellation fee is probably outdated since AS doesn't charge them any longer. The site often says it can take 7 days but I usually get the miles instantly. I don't know about the CC refund as I don't really pay attention.
SanDiego1K and tiffany like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:40 am

Has anyone got their MQM's to post for credit card spend? How soon does it post?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Has anyone got their MQM's to post for credit card spend? How soon does it post?
Yes, there have been a few posts here with reports that the EQMs posted the same day as the regular BofA miles.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by sturges
Yes, there have been a few posts here with reports that the EQMs posted the same day as the regular BofA miles.
Awesome thanks
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
see some reports here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-have-hit.html
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I booked IAD-SFO and used a companion cert and GGUs to upgrade to F. The flight was recently cancelled by AS, but I see there is still a DCA-SFO non-stop leaving around the same time on my travel date. Would AS put me on the DCA-SFO flight, and if so, what happens to the GGUs? There is no U space on the DCA-SFO flight so would we get dropped back to Y or would the upgrades transfer over?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I booked IAD-SFO and used a companion cert and GGUs to upgrade to F. The flight was recently cancelled by AS, but I see there is still a DCA-SFO non-stop leaving around the same time on my travel date. Would AS put me on the DCA-SFO flight, and if so, what happens to the GGUs? There is no U space on the DCA-SFO flight so would we get dropped back to Y or would the upgrades transfer over?
Try calling reservations - you may be able to be re-accommodated on the DCA flight due to the cancellation. Typically U space would be required for GGU use, so unlikely to transfer over, but a sympathetic agent/supervisor might be willing to make an exception due to the cancellation if you ask politely. Otherwise, you'll be in Y (or upgraded at window), and the GGUs can be reissued to the MVPG's or 75K's account by a call/email to customer care for future use (they will have 12/31/22 expiration).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.