Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by freed0m
AS has so much availability because most SA partners can’t book it and KF can’t book it directly, either.
AS has more availability on SQ than KF?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just a heads up that SQ has opened a ton of award availability via AS . . . this includes space available for 100k AS which SQ only makes available through KF as "Advantage" awards at 128k.

It's quite remarkable, actually. No other partner has such generous access to SQ premium cabin award space.
Wow, you aren't kidding! Thanks for the heads-up.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
As far as I can tell it has more or less the same availability, but the availability stretches beyond KF's "Saver" awards and includes itineraries that are only available as the more expensive "Advantage" awards on KF. It's also much easier to deal with AS if you need to change or cancel than with KF.

Try miles and more and see whether it matches the availability of AS.
No thanks, not interested. M&M are virtually impossible to acquire for US-based flyers since all transfers were blocked several years ago.
econ likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by econ
it does not have more. It has different buckets, shared with all SA partners. However, as most SA programs can’t book SQ premium, SQ premium availability appears great in AS simply because of less competition, not higher availability

and KF elite has complained to SQ about this. See whether KF can access SA availability eventually.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Kacee
As far as I can tell it has more or less the same availability, but the availability stretches beyond KF's "Saver" awards and includes itineraries that are only available as the more expensive "Advantage" awards on KF. It's also much easier to deal with AS if you need to change or cancel than with KF.

Not true. AA shows better availability even than what SQ KF shows to its own members. I just saw Alaska showing available SIN-LHR for 110,000 Alaska miles plus $55.60 on a particular date in Feb 2023. The same flight is showing as available for WAITLIST only both saver (103,500 KF miles) and advantage ( 123,000 KF miles) plus S$59.20. No confirmed seats available using SQ KF
progapanda likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Not true. AA shows better availability even than what SQ KF shows to its own members.
Since when is SQ bookable through AA?

And assuming you meant AS, please note that I said "more or less" the same. If I meant "exactly" the same I would not have used the qualifier.
it does not have more. It has different buckets, shared with all SA partners.
That's just more incomprehensible nonsense.

I will think hard before posting any more helpful comments in this forum.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Good to see SQ range has been updated. It's good to have friends with friends in high places.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:32 pm

Keep getting msgs: "We're sorry, we aren't able to confirm space on these partner flights"

Finally choose a flight also show up on Aeroplan (it show waitlisted in Krisflyer), it went through, got confirmation code email, but "The reservation you selected cannot be displayed online. ".....Get confirmation email few hours later.

Last edited by ecgz88; Dec 21, 2022 at 10:47 am
Old Dec 31, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Is there some trick to getting SIN-NYC to show up without the layover in Frankfurt (or a second leg on AS)?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by lensovet
Is there some trick to getting SIN-NYC to show up without the layover in Frankfurt (or a second leg on AS)?
You mean the nonstop into EWR? AFAIK that's not included in any award plan (including KrisWorld) because it's such a hugely popular, not to mention unique, flight. The JFK ones are all fifth-freedom flights to FRA (on an A380, no less) and then continue to SIN after refueling.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: Kettle Class
I don't think that's right, both the EWR-SIN and JFK-SIN (and back) non-stops can be booked (unless issues again with phantom availability) with AS for 100k in J.

Originally Posted by kirker
You mean the nonstop into EWR? AFAIK that's not included in any award plan (including KrisWorld) because it's such a hugely popular, not to mention unique, flight. The JFK ones are all fifth-freedom flights to FRA (on an A380, no less) and then continue to SIN after refueling.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Go look up SQ 23/24. You may be surprised.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by progapanda
I don't think that's right, both the EWR-SIN and JFK-SIN (and back) non-stops can be booked (unless issues again with phantom availability) with AS for 100k in J.

I could certainly be mistaken, but the last time I tried to book a ticket in J on SIN on this specific using AS miles, it proved to be a phantom fare. OTOH I also didn't know that they'd started flying the route from JFK as well as EWR, so I'll check again.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:31 am

I could certainly be mistaken, but the last time I tried to book a ticket in J on SIN on this specific using AS miles, it proved to be a phantom fare. OTOH I also didn't know that they'd started flying the route from JFK as well as EWR, so I'll check again.
Your sample size is inadequate. I'm currently holding four such award legs, two through Mileage Plan and two through KrisFlyer.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
During the early stages of Covid, SIN-EWR was suspended, the NYC route was reestablished in November 2020 with service to JFK. Subsequently, SIN-EWR and SIN-FRA-JFK service returned for 3× daily options from SIN-NYC. Longer by 3 miles, the SIN-JFK flight is now the longest in the world.

The Points Guy artica
The airline restarted flying to New York in November 2020, but it changed its strategy with the once-daily nonstops resuming from JFK, instead of from Newark. At the time, it made the JFK move “to better accommodate a mix of passenger and cargo traffic on its services to New York in the current operating climate.”

James
eponymous_coward likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.