Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by progapanda
I don't think that's right, both the EWR-SIN and JFK-SIN (and back) non-stops can be booked (unless issues again with phantom availability) with AS for 100k in J.

nice.

I’m looking at early November 2023. Too far out? Or not far out enough?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lensovet
nice.

I’m looking at early November 2023. Too far out? Or not far out enough?
I was able to find the nonstops to both JFK and EWR on Aeroplan in early/mid November, so the seats definitely exist and are on schedule. There may not be inventory available to AS though?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 1:41 pm

Well the screenshot from progapanda is from AS website. So curious what month they are looking at (of note, I’m specifically looking at ex-SIN, in case that makes a difference).
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:41 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
lensovet my screenshots are also from November, early November for the ex-EWR flight and late November for the ex-JFK flight. I'd recommend using the monthly calendar view to quickly see dates with availability. It's possible the routes ex-SIN are less available for awards? Good luck!

Well the screenshot from progapanda is from AS website. So curious what month they are looking at (of note, I’m specifically looking at ex-SIN, in case that makes a difference).
lensovet likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:34 am

Now that Alaska has a more "universal" award chart for NA from to Europe. Are we going to be able to get FRA-JFK awards on SQ soon ?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Now that Alaska has a more "universal" award chart for NA from to Europe. Are we going to be able to get FRA-JFK awards on SQ soon?
Possibly, but I'm afraid I don't see much of a point. SQ's JFK-FRA-JFK service is frequently discounted as a fifth-freedom flight – I just flew it two weeks ago, in fact – and even for SQ 200K miles r/t to Europe is an awful lot for a relatively short trip. Also, as an aside, this was my first-ever flight on SQ that was weirdly subpar. Not sure if they haven't gotten their groove back after being mostly grounded for so long, but the service levels in J were abysmal (even by US airline standards!): 15-minute waits for a response to a FA call button (during the second half of the flight, when they weren't busy), dinner not served until nearly two hours in (ruining any chance of a decent night's sleep), etc. To be fair, this was on one of their recently de-mothballed A380s, but their FAs should all have ample experience serving a craft that large.

That said, what is available for booking on AS are Condor flights (and on this specific route). Condor's gotten some much-deserved criticism over the years, but they apparently decided to use their Covid downtime to hugely up their game. Here's a review of the new A330neo they're apparently using on all of their long-haul routes nowadays:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/new-...s-a330-900neo/

Its hard product doesn't look SQ's level – but OTOH they may have the leading J product on the planet right now – but it's 55K one-way (using AS miles), and even without having experienced SQ's service issues recently, I'd pick 110K r/t on Condor over 200K on SQ anytime (unless I had an endless stockpile or miles or something).
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kirker
Possibly, but I'm afraid I don't see much of a point. SQ's JFK-FRA-JFK service is frequently discounted as a fifth-freedom flight – I just flew it two weeks ago, in fact – and even for SQ 200K miles r/t to Europe is an awful lot for a relatively short trip. Also, as an aside, this was my first-ever flight on SQ that was weirdly subpar. Not sure if they haven't gotten their groove back after being mostly grounded for so long, but the service levels in J were abysmal (even by US airline standards!): 15-minute waits for a response to a FA call button (during the second half of the flight, when they weren't busy), dinner not served until nearly two hours in (ruining any chance of a decent night's sleep), etc. To be fair, this was on one of their recently de-mothballed A380s, but their FAs should all have ample experience serving a craft that large.

That said, what is available for booking on AS are Condor flights (and on this specific route). Condor's gotten some much-deserved criticism over the years, but they apparently decided to use their Covid downtime to hugely up their game. Here's a review of the new A330neo they're apparently using on all of their long-haul routes nowadays:

https://onemileatatime.com/news/new-...s-a330-900neo/

Its hard product doesn't look SQ's level – but OTOH they may have the leading J product on the planet right now – but it's 55K one-way (using AS miles), and even without having experienced SQ's service issues recently, I'd pick 110K r/t on Condor over 200K on SQ anytime (unless I had an endless stockpile or miles or something).
I flew DE this spring SEA-FRA on their dry leased ex-EY A332s. Soft product is fine, even though those EY planes were kind of beat up (nothing major, it was definitely a lie-flat, just not like a DL plane that always looks pretty nice even if it's old).

I can't see having to position transcon to JFK (and good luck getting AS F on an award, LOL, enjoy your PC or Y seat) and getting a short TATL and paying more AS miles for the privilege by comparison.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kirker
Also, as an aside, this was my first-ever flight on SQ that was weirdly subpar. Not sure if they haven't gotten their groove back after being mostly grounded for so long, but the service levels in J were abysmal (even by US airline standards!): 15-minute waits for a response to a FA call button (during the second half of the flight, when they weren't busy), dinner not served until nearly two hours in (ruining any chance of a decent night's sleep), etc.
Definitely a one-off. We flew SQ SFO-SIN-BKK and return in September and the service was if anything better than pre-pandemic.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Now that Alaska has a more "universal" award chart for NA from to Europe. Are we going to be able to get FRA-JFK awards on SQ soon ?
literally my post above yours was about how the only SQ awards from Asia to NYC were via this route. Saw a bunch of availability in November 2023.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:51 am

literally my post above yours was about how the only SQ awards from Asia to NYC were via this route. Saw a bunch of availability in November 2023.
I flew the non-stop JFK-SIN-JFK round trip twice last year on mix of AS miles and SQ miles. I have SIN-EWR booked (about a month ago) for this coming September using Aeroplan miles. 2 pax in J for all flights. So it is (or has been) possible to get the non-stops rather than have to transit through FRA.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dkerr
I flew the non-stop JFK-SIN-JFK round trip twice last year on mix of AS miles and SQ miles. I have SIN-EWR booked (about a month ago) for this coming September using Aeroplan miles. 2 pax in J for all flights. So it is (or has been) possible to get the non-stops rather than have to transit through FRA.
SQ tends to release award space in bunches, often corresponding to its fare sales. This leads to a real dichotomy in experience searching for award space ("there's nothing!" vs. "it's wide open!").
dkerr and NoLaGent like this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Anyone know what fare classes SQ’s Business Lite fares book into? I would guess U or D per

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ners-singapore

and the AS EQM earnings aren’t great in any case, but are there any fare classes that earn zero EQM on AS, or would they be listed on the partner page as such?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Anyone know what fare classes SQ’s Business Lite fares book into? I would guess U or D per
Yes, but it's just a name. They're not actually "lite" fares in the way that term is used by US, European, or ME carriers. You get full benefits, there are just restrictions on upgrades and refunds and a higher change fee.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:20 am

AUS-EUR on a single ticket?

Hi,
Trying to book an award ticket Australia to Europe via Singapore. Would it be possible to book this as one ticket with Alaska? I can price is as 2 separate tickets but not one. I haven't seen this listed in the wiki but wanted to check the collective wisdom of the forum, just in case. Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
Trying to book an award ticket Australia to Europe via Singapore. Would it be possible to book this as one ticket with Alaska? I can price is as 2 separate tickets but not one. I haven't seen this listed in the wiki but wanted to check the collective wisdom of the forum, just in case. Thanks
It's not my impression that an Alaska award trip allows for a free stopover in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.