Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by freed0m
Booked one of the crazy itinerary when SQ first available on AS. SIN-LHR-SIN-PVG.

received a schedule change message, but did not find any schedule change from SQ.

What does AS try to do?

well, soon it will be a real schedule change with SQ cancelling most flights in June.

i was planning to cancel the trip anyway.

However, I wonder what kind of reschedule will be offered. will there be a stopover provided? Or just a simple SIN-PVG, which is still operating on Monday only.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
They only owe you SIN-PVG. The same rules apply as for when people think they’re clever with hidden city tickets, and then the airline reroutes to final destination without involving the hidden city.
Old May 9, 2020, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
They only owe you SIN-PVG. The same rules apply as for when people think they’re clever with hidden city tickets, and then the airline reroutes to final destination without involving the hidden city.
so under the new rules can we book LAX-SIN (Stop)-PVG? I tried in AS website get error msgs.
Old May 9, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by ecgz88
so under the new rules can we book LAX-SIN (Stop)-PVG? I tried in AS website get error msgs.
I just tried LAX-PVG without a stopover and that won't show either. Either AS has bug booking SQ to PVG (or maybe China) or they have decided to disallow this routing. If it's a bug that does not cost AS revenue history has shown it will be very difficult to get them to fix it but you should report it at least.
Old May 9, 2020, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I just tried LAX-PVG without a stopover and that won't show either. Either AS has bug booking SQ to PVG (or maybe China) or they have decided to disallow this routing. If it's a bug that does not cost AS revenue history has shown it will be very difficult to get them to fix it but you should report it at least.
the only allowed are fifth freedom flights from north Asia to US. e.g HKG-SFO or NRT-LAX

edit: wrong statement. It only applies to Japan. NRT-LAX only with connection on AS.

Last edited by freed0m; May 11, 2020 at 9:35 am
Old May 9, 2020, 10:49 pm

the only allowed are fifth freedom flights from north Asia to US. e.g HKG-SFO or NRT-LAX
I am not sure I am following you. Are you saying from North Asia on SQ AS only allows Fifth Freedom routes? They do not allow transiting SQ's main SIN hub? What is your source?
Old May 9, 2020, 11:52 pm

I am not sure I am following you. Are you saying from North Asia on SQ AS only allows Fifth Freedom routes? They do not allow transiting SQ's main SIN hub? What is your source?
In the early days, it is like that. As it was cheaper to do North Asia to SIN to US than SIN to US. It was corrected as only allowing fifth freedom flight. Now in the chart, it says only Japan to US or Southeast Asia to US. For Japan to US, only one route NRT-LAX. You can connect from LAX on AS.

edit: wrong statement, only applies to Japan.

Last edited by freed0m; May 11, 2020 at 9:36 am
Old May 10, 2020, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BOM-SIN-LAX with SIN stopover, completely bookable. HKG-SIN-LAX with stopover, also bookable. TPE-SIN-LAX, bookable. PEK/PVG-SIN-LAX, not so much... but I'm not seeing a ton of China-SIN availability on SQ using the AS award booking engine, either (TPE-SIN and HKG-SIN there's tons).
Old May 10, 2020, 12:32 am

BOM-SIN-LAX with SIN stopover, completely bookable. HKG-SIN-LAX with stopover, also bookable. TPE-SIN-LAX, bookable. PEK/PVG-SIN-LAX, not so much... but I'm not seeing a ton of China-SIN availability on SQ using the AS award booking engine, either (TPE-SIN and HKG-SIN there's tons).
TPE/HKG is South East Asia for SQ chart. China used to be South East Asia, too until it is separated as China.
Old May 10, 2020, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TPE/HKG is South East Asia for SQ chart. China used to be South East Asia, too until it is separated as China.
Right, but if there's no China-SIN award availability on SQ you can't exactly book China-SIN-LAX on SQ now, can you?

I selected a bunch of random dates in January 2021, plenty of HKG and TPE to SIN on SQ, zero PEK-SIN on SQ. There is availability on JL though, tons of it.

Looking on united.com for similar dates on SQ.... UA isn't showing any options for SQ that don't involve a connection in another *A hub (like going TG PEK-BKK, SQ BKK-SIN). So I don't think AS is doing screening here, SQ isn't providing availability.
Old May 10, 2020, 1:01 am

Right, but if there's no China-SIN award availability on SQ you can't exactly book China-SIN-LAX on SQ now, can you?

I selected a bunch of random dates in January 2021, plenty of HKG and TPE to SIN on SQ, zero PEK-SIN on SQ. There is availability on JL though, tons of it.

Looking on united.com for similar dates on SQ.... UA isn't showing any options for SQ that don't involve a connection in another *A hub (like going TG PEK-BKK, SQ BKK-SIN). So I don't think AS is doing screening here, SQ isn't providing availability.
if you mean business class availability on UA for SQ, SQ does not release most of its business class availability to UA. There are definitely availability with other *A program for China-SIN on SQ.
Old May 10, 2020, 1:05 am

i might remember it wrongly. It could be only South Korea. China may be still categorised as South East Asia for Asia-US. China is China on SQ chart in Asia-US.

Last edited by freed0m; May 11, 2020 at 9:37 am
Old May 10, 2020, 11:06 am

if you mean business class availability on UA for SQ, SQ does not release most of its business class availability to UA.
I think he means any availability, even economy.

There are definitely availability with other *A program for China-SIN on SQ.
Can you name two other than SQ itself? One?

Do you have an example date with availability on another *A program for non-stop SIN-China (non HKG/TPE)?
Old May 10, 2020, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if you mean business class availability on UA for SQ, SQ does not release most of its business class availability to UA. There are definitely availability with other *A program for China-SIN on SQ.
I’m not seeing coach either, and did you see the part where I said I was seeing SQ availability from BKK but not China on United?

AS can’t book TG/BR on one leg, SQ other leg, UA can, so I would assume the problem is no actual availability ex-China. The stuff UA can’t book is ex-US and some Europe routes plus longhaul equipment types. Regional stuff is usually fine (especially in coach) if it’s not A380/77W.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 10, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Old May 10, 2020, 5:57 pm

I think he means any availability, even economy.

Can you name two other than SQ itself? One?

Do you have an example date with availability on another *A program for non-stop SIN-China (non HKG/TPE)?
llifemiles and BR. I checked Jan 2021. SIN-PEK wide available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.