Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Investor 11
Thanks to those posting in here. I've read through and believe I have a better handle on my situation but I'd like to run by those of you who have a much better understanding on these things.

I have an upcoming ARN-FRA-SIN-DPS flight. Ticket is issued on LH 220 stock.
ARN- FRA is in J on LH Metal market by LH
FRA-SIN is in F on SQ metal marketed by LH
SIN-DPS is in J on SQ Metal marketed by LH

Per the rules that would make the FRA and SIN segments ineligible to earn on AS, correct? But, also in practice there is a chance it would credit?

Is my best bet to try and credit to AS and if unsuccessful attempt to credit somewhere else after the fact? And, if I don't/can't credit to AS is there somewhere preferable to credit to besides KF as a US based flyer whose main goal would be a future award ticket to wither Europe or Asia? I will also have a subsequent BKK-SIN-JFK flight all booked in D issued by SQ to further credit somewhere.
It will be an absolutely pain to backcredit to a *A carrier. I would put the odds of successful AS credit especially if you aren’t an elite at just above zero.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
It will be an absolutely pain to backcredit to a *A carrier. I would put the odds of successful AS credit especially if you aren’t an elite at just above zero.
That is generous!

LH Marketed means an LH flight number. LH××××

In Mileage Plan: Singapore Airlines
Eligible flight numbers
001–0699
0800–0999

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (SQ) must precede the flight number (for example, SQ XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

I would say the chances are exactly Zero!

James
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would never even consider attempting to credit an LH coded flight to AS. Credit to your choice of *A carrier. Check "Where to Credit" for details (if you haven't already).
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
In Mileage Plan: Singapore Airlines
Eligible flight numbers
001–0699
0800–0999
I just got burned by this. SQ's SIN-BKK flights have 700 series flight numbers and my recent flight did not credit (SFO-SIN did).
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Kacee
I would never even consider attempting to credit an LH coded flight to AS. Credit to your choice of *A carrier. Check "Where to Credit" for details (if you haven't already).

I just got burned by this. SQ's SIN-BKK flights have 700 series flight numbers and my recent flight did not credit (SFO-SIN did).
I put in a manual request since my SIN/BKK didn't post. I guess this explains why. I guess ill see what they have to say. I'm hoping its just out of date as SilkAir doesn't exist anymore and it wasn't a Scoot flight.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
I put in a manual request since my SIN/BKK didn't post. I guess this explains why. I guess ill see what they have to say. I'm hoping its just out of date as SilkAir doesn't exist anymore and it wasn't a Scoot flight.
Same thing happened to me. The intent was the exclude Silkair flights, but those don't exist anymore.
Sadly all their Thailand flights are now in the 700s.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver

Originally Posted by hur88
Same thing happened to me. The intent was the exclude Silkair flights, but those don't exist anymore.
Sadly all their Thailand flights are now in the 700s.
I am flying a similar ticket next week. I wonder if anyone has tried to credit just the BKK-SIN or SIN-BKK to a *A carrier's program while keeping the SIN-SFO/SEA/LAX/JFK and reverse crediting on AS?
I would like to do it but cannot afford an error that would credit the long flight to anyone by AS.
Perhaps claim after the fact the BKK-SIN-BKK? One of my possible *A destination would be SQ's program.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I am flying a similar ticket next week. I wonder if anyone has tried to credit just the BKK-SIN or SIN-BKK to a *A carrier's program while keeping the SIN-SFO/SEA/LAX/JFK and reverse crediting on AS?
I would like to do it but cannot afford an error that would credit the long flight to anyone by AS.
Perhaps claim after the fact the BKK-SIN-BKK? One of my possible *A destination would be SQ's program.
I thought about trying to crediting the return BKK-SIN to UA, but don't think the risk of a screw-up is worth it, as I need the long-haul crediting to AS to make 75K. I may try submitting both flights to UA afterwards.

btw, very pleasantly surprised with the SQ long-haul experience. They've added substantial mattress pads to the previously ultra-rock hard J seats, which I absolutely hated last couple times I flew SQ. Service was outstanding, new SKL at SIN is very nice.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
btw, very pleasantly surprised with the SQ long-haul experience. They've added substantial mattress pads to the previously ultra-rock hard J seats, which I absolutely hated last couple times I flew SQ. Service was outstanding, new SKL at SIN is very nice.
I also had a better than expected experience on SQ a few months ago. The mattress pads are a big improvement and I slept much better than expected. I was surprisingly more comfortable sleeping on my SQ outbound compared to my return in Qsuites on QR.
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As expected my former SilkAir routes (7XX flight numbers) were declined on my manual request. I replied that the website was out of date. Either way I'm now expecting to need 2 transcon mileage runs of 75K instead of 1
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No luck again. I guess SQ short haul flights do not earn points.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Of course they don’t, it’s clearly outlined in the description
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
No luck again. I guess SQ short haul flights do not earn points.
Of course they don’t, it’s clearly outlined in the description
No, actually that's not at all what's "clearly outlined" so cut the snark. Certain flight numbers (700-799) are exempted (primarily former SilkAir routes). Many SQ short haul flights do in fact accrue (e.g., SIN-DPS, which are 9xx flight numbers and SIN-KUL which are 1xx flight numbers). The exemption is an outdated anachronism, but AS is terrible about updating its accrual rules to reflect these kinds of changes. The AY T fare is another example.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

No, actually that's not at all what's "clearly outlined" so cut the snark. Certain flight numbers (700-799) are exempted (primarily former SilkAir routes). Many SQ short haul flights do in fact accrue (e.g., SIN-DPS, which are 9xx flight numbers and SIN-KUL which are 1xx flight numbers). The exemption is an outdated anachronism, but AS is terrible about updating its accrual rules to reflect these kinds of changes. The AY T fare is another example.
Does your flight number fall within the range to get credit? If not, no credit, not really a hard concept to grasp.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Tribe 54 Sweat Lodge 12
Does your flight number fall within the range to get credit? If not, no credit, not really a hard concept to grasp.
adding to what zoomer said, the SG chart on AS site also says any cabin that’s not explicitly listed there doesn’t earn so there’s that. Those “peasant “ fares from SFO for example in V class.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:26 pm

How long do the flights take to post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.