Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
It does if the stopover is in the main hub only, whichvis singapore. I just did buy business class ticket lax to sin to syd with 5 days layover in Singapore. One ticket only
Originally Posted by vanillabean
It's not my impression that an Alaska award trip allows for a free stopover in Asia.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
Trying to book an award ticket Australia to Europe via Singapore. Would it be possible to book this as one ticket with Alaska? I can price is as 2 separate tickets but not one. I haven't seen this listed in the wiki but wanted to check the collective wisdom of the forum, just in case. Thanks
This question highlights the problem with the new award charts, where the following now applies:

For award levels to and from points outside of the US and Canada, search for your desired destination and dates to view pricing
The Wiki does suggest that South Pacific/SE Asia and SE Asia/Europe are allowed, but there is no indication that South Pacific/Europe is allowed as one award. If nothing has changed with AS's 'hidden' award charts for SQ then it would be two awards.

Last edited by minz56; Jan 31, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:58 am

Hi, I talked to the partner desk and they confirmed I would have to book the itinerary as 2 awards. I do find the removal of the award charts a bit puzzling as it is not entirely clear what the routing rules are any more.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mister P.
I do find the removal of the award charts a bit puzzling as it is not entirely clear what the routing rules are any more.
This is where DL, UA, and AA have all moved. Awards cost what the search results say they cost.

The game has fundamentally changed (and is no where near as fun or rewarding as it used to be).
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:17 pm

A quick question

I will be flying Singapore Airlines to Europe and want to know if I can credit the miles to Alaska Airlines?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by lililolo
I will be flying Singapore Airlines to Europe and want to know if I can credit the miles to Alaska Airlines?
Really?
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners/singapore-airlines?lid=airline-partnersartners-singapore
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes you can.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:14 am

After reading thru the link flytoeat listed, I am still a bit confused.

My itinerary is SFO to JFK to FRA, flying from SFO to JFK will be with Alaska under SQxxxx, the fare code for this segment is labeled as W. On the return portion, JFK to SFO is also with Alaska under SQ xxxx but this time the fare code is K.

So according to the chart, I will not get any mileage credit since the eligible flight number for the domestic flight is over 3 digits. Is that correct?

I initially want to get 2 separate tickets so I can also take advantage of Alaska's coast to coast promotion, but I thought it would be too risky if the domestic segment is delayed or canceled.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:15 am

So according to the chart, I will not get any mileage credit since the eligible flight number for the domestic flight is over 3 digits. Is that correct?
Now you're asking a different question. SQ 25/26 will credit per the chart. SQ coded AS operated flights would not appear to be eligible. This is a quirk of how OW carriers credit flights, per marketing rather than operating carrier.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: AK 75K (fFormerly 100K for one year), DL Silver (formerly DM) for 10 years, Delta MM, AA
Miles credited to Alaska Airlines

I recently flew JAL ticketed flights to TSA in PE and got 70% credit on AA metal (tix purchased through Expedia).

I'll be flying PE to ICN later this year on AA (booked through AA) and will receive 100% credit for the long flights, but only 25% due to mixed classes of fares. I think overall, I'll come out ahead and have only one stop, in DFW, rather than two on the trip to TSA (also Haneda).
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:21 pm

Question Economy N class

My understanding is I can get AS miles from Singapore Airlines. AS website indicates the percentage you get based on the class. I found a Singapore Economy N class, but I don't see it on AS chart. Before I call AS, does anyone know?

In case you are wondering, SEA-SIN Nov 21 at 0845. I would just like to know for future reference.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by natalie
My understanding is I can get AS miles from Singapore Airlines. AS website indicates the percentage you get based on the class. I found a Singapore Economy N class, but I don't see it on AS chart. Before I call AS, does anyone know?

In case you are wondering, SEA-SIN Nov 21 at 0845. I would just like to know for future reference.
If it isn't a fare class listed on the SQ Partner earnings chart, it doesn't earn in Mileage Plan. SQ earnings are pretty grim.

James
Old Apr 24, 2023, 1:07 pm

sort to include fare class?

I thought it was odd that a couple fares were listed as %100, a couple %75, and a couple %50. But this particular one wasn't listed at all. Makes sense. If not listed, it doesn't even get %50. Thank you.

I don't suppose there is a site or way to sort to include the fare class so I don't have to practically book the flight.

Last edited by natalie; Apr 24, 2023 at 1:15 pm Reason: Additional response
Old Apr 24, 2023, 2:51 pm

I thought it was odd that a couple fares were listed as %100, a couple %75, and a couple %50. But this particular one wasn't listed at all. Makes sense. If not listed, it doesn't even get %50. Thank you.

I don't suppose there is a site or way to sort to include the fare class so I don't have to practically book the flight.
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/search (I prefer https://oldmatrix.itasoftware.com)
Select “Advanced Controls” then “Extension controls” you can sort the fare class you want by adding F bc=*|bc=*|bc=*
for *= the fare classes you interested in. [For example F bc=E|bc=M|bc=Y|bc=B]
Once you find the itinerary you want, copy it and past it in https://bookwithmatrix.com and it’ll direct you to the exact booking with desired fare classes.

If someone has a better way let the both of us know!

Here are screenshots to help:
Spoiler

ukinny2000 likes this.

Last edited by Arsene Wenger; Apr 24, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
N class travel

I'm on the same boat. I have a reservation booking N class. AS earn chart currently does not indicate any earn for this class, however, within United.com, singapore N class has an asterisk effective April 1 2023 of 10% earn. I'm betting this is a newly created booking class, that might have not yet hit our system yet.

Jiburi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.