Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CDKing
Alaska Airlines (AS) partnership with Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Earning

Beginning September 27, 2017.
For earning rates See Partner Page

Eligible flight numbers (No Silkair)

0001–0999

Burning:

Award Charts:
(see note below for definition of "Continental USA", "SE Asia" and "South Pacific" )
SE Asia-SE Asia: 17,500 Y, 25,000 J 35,000 F
North Asia-SE Asia: 22,500 Y 60,000 J, 75,000 F
SE Asia-Middle East/India 25,000 Y 65,000 J 85,000 F
SE Asia-South Pacific 30,000 Y 65,000 J 90,000 F
SE Asia-Europe 42,500 Y 110,00 J 160,000 F
North Asia-Europe 65,000 Y 175,000 J 240,000 F
Middle East-Europe 60,000 Y, 160,000 J 210,000 F
Continental USA-North Asia: 40,000 Y 80,000 J 110,000 F
Continental USA-SE Asia/India: 47,500 Y 100,000 J 130,000 F
Continental USA-South Pacific 70,000 Y 145,000 J 190,000 F

Note: Chart only allows contiguous US and Alaska as "USA", however, AS connecting flights to Hawaii/Canada/Mexico are allowed. No chart for USA-Europe (though in theory you could redeem SIN-USA or USA-SIN routing on SQ onestops involving Europe and get off the plane in FRA/MAN, pretty high price in miles though). Stopover in SIN not allowed on regional awards (Intra-Asia,including South Pacific) not touching US.
"North Asia" includes China (PEK/PVG) as per latest update by AS. South Pacific is Australia/New Zealand
Print Wikipost

Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Does your flight number fall within the range to get credit? If not, no credit, not really a hard concept to grasp.
The SQ Partner earnings in Mileage Plan has been updated to include all SQ flights in the range of 001-999.

Details

Qualify for mileage accrual
Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Singapore Airlines. Codeshare flights marketed by Singapore Airlines and operated by another carrier are not eligible to earn miles. Singapore Airlines award flights booked into the fare classes above are not eligible to earn miles or elite qualifying miles or segments.
Eligible flight numbers
001–999

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (SQ) must precede the flight number (for example, SQ XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Oct 31, 2022 at 8:44 pm
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Thanks for the push. Wonder if it's possible to request for a credit now for a flight that was taken months ago.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:08 am

Tried a search, but couldn't seem to find the answer.

Knowing how restrictive SQ is with awards generally, I was curious which routes does AS have access to F awards IF SQ releases saver availability?

I tried some searches, and couldn't find any F awards, wondering if it was simply due to no availability or AS not having access.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Tried a search, but couldn't seem to find the answer.

Knowing how restrictive SQ is with awards generally, I was curious which routes does AS have access to F awards IF SQ releases saver availability?

I tried some searches, and couldn't find any F awards, wondering if it was simply due to no availability or AS not having access.
My understanding is that SQ does not release F awards to partners. You have to be a member of their FF program (Kris Flyer?) to have access.
N515CR likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
My understanding is that SQ does not release F awards to partners. You have to be a member of their FF program (Kris Flyer?) to have access.
They used to pre-Covid, but I agree that now it is likely they are not making F awards available to partners. The difference is that pre-Covid they operated the 12 seat F cabin on the A380 on many routes, but now all A380 have the new Suites configuration with only 6 seats.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by minz56
They used to pre-Covid, but I agree that now it is likely they are not making F awards available to partners. The difference is that pre-Covid they operated the 12 seat F cabin on the A380 on many routes, but now all A380 have the new Suites configuration with only 6 seats.
While it may be unlikely.... What routes did AS have access to SQ F awards previously? Just wanted to get an idea.

Was it pretty much any route that was bookable on AS, and had F?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
While it may be unlikely.... What routes did AS have access to SQ F awards previously? Just wanted to get an idea.

Was it pretty much any route that was bookable on AS, and had F?
I flew AKL-SIN(-HKT) on an AS F award in February 2020. 90k miles and ~$60.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by minz56
Or the 4F 77W. There aren't that many F seats to start with.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just a heads up that SQ has opened a ton of award availability via AS . . . this includes space available for 100k AS which SQ only makes available through KF as "Advantage" awards at 128k.

It's quite remarkable, actually. No other partner has such generous access to SQ premium cabin award space.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just a heads up that SQ has opened a ton of award availability via AS . . . this includes space available for 100k AS which SQ only makes available through KF as "Advantage" awards at 128k.

It's quite remarkable, actually. No other partner has such generous access to SQ premium cabin award space.
Thanks for the heads up! Was able to get SEA-SIN-CGK in J next fall for 100k + $24.70.
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: Alaska

that’s previously the reason why AS has so much awards available, because few SA partners have SQ premium availability.

SQ has separate availability for KF and SA partners, which is available to AS, too.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by freed0m
SQ has separate availability for KF and SA partners, which is available to AS, too.
AS has much greater access than SQ's *A partners. Try to find J awards from US to SE Asia on SQ through UA, AC, AV, etc. Nonexistent.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:28 pm

AS has much greater access than SQ's *A partners. Try to find J awards from US to SE Asia on SQ through UA, AC, AV, etc. Nonexistent.

you used the wrong SA programs. As I said, AS has the same availability as SA partners which have access to SQ premium class. AS has so much availability because most SA partners can’t book it and KF can’t book it directly, either.

if I am not wrong, Miles and More is the only program that has SQ premium class all the time.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
you used the wrong SA programs.
I didn't use the wrong anything.

I'm afraid your posts are mostly incomprehensible.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:57 pm

I didn't use the wrong anything.

I'm afraid your posts are mostly incomprehensible.
you used the knownly not working SA programs with SQ premium class. Try miles and more and see whether it matches the availability of AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.