Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AA PPro
I have been at Capers C and D multiple times both going and coming. Only once in the past 4 trips did anyone ask for a boarding pass and sadly it was on the way back so I didn't get anything.

The bottle service thing is that they cannot sell you an unopened bottle of wine-they changed this policy about 5 months ago. Instead, you order a bottle, have them pour a small glass, recork, bag it and you are on your way. Obviously doesn't work as a gift, but as "hotel" wine yes.

As an Oregonian who loves Pinot Noir, many good producers sell their wines there at deep discounts to retail. The Shea Pinot normally goes for $55 retail and they have it for $38 bottle price. I spoke to one of the winemakers and they said they sell it so cheaply at PDX because they are trying to expand their market through people traveling through the airport.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AA PPro
One last thing, the sign at Alaska for priority pass denials is always out, but with Caper Market and the Distillery, who needs it.
C17PSGR, Visconti and arcticflier like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by tfizzle
One last thing, the sign at Alaska for priority pass denials is always out, but with Caper Market and the Distillery, who needs it.
Right, or when at LAX, just have dinner at PF Chang's or hangout at KE lounge.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Visconti
How early are you showing up to your flights to make it worth hoofing it from TBIT to Terminal 6 just to make use of PP in TBIT?

Plus, does TBIT even have Precheck yet? Or do you still have to go through security at Terminal 4 and then go to TBIT if you want to use Precheck to get into TBIT?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
How early are you showing up to your flights to make it worth hoofing it from TBIT to Terminal 6 just to make use of PP in TBIT?

Plus, does TBIT even have Precheck yet? Or do you still have to go through security at Terminal 4 and then go to TBIT if you want to use Precheck to get into TBIT?
I plan to often take AA from PVG to LAX (or on HKG to LAX) and use the security transfer point to enter T4, then to TBIT to shower at the KE lounge before returning to SFO on AS. I suppose, if I wanted to use it from LAX, I'd just enter T4, then go straight to TBIT. What, takes 15 minutes to go from TBIT to T6?

PS - don't use AA back to SFO (even if may be free on the same PNR), because I don't like regional carriers and that stupid satellite T where you have to take the Bus.
tfizzle likes this.

Last edited by Visconti; Dec 24, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I plan to often take AA from PVG to LAX (or on HKG to LAX) and use the security transfer point to enter T4, then to TBIT to shower at the KE lounge before returning to SFO on AS. I suppose, if I wanted to use it from LAX, I'd just enter T4, then go straight to TBIT. What, takes 15 minutes to go from TBIT to T6?
Ah okay, for your use case that makes sense. I'm usually originating at LAX so and don't love showing up super early, so for me it's not worth showing up earlier just to pad in time to use a lounge.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
There is now a restaurant at LAX called “Rock and Brews” . I’m not a PF Chang’s fan — anyone been to this pub?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by psychtobe
There is now a restaurant at LAX called “Rock and Brews” . I’m not a PF Chang’s fan — anyone been to this pub?
I was just here. They have an excellent Bloody Mary (think it's their specialty) that's pretty good. Has some assorted mixed spices on the rim, the usual celery/olive, a strip of bacon, and really huge (it's like $15, not that it matters with the PP credit). There are seats on the side near some people boarding, and they may have thought I had a drinking issue with this huge drink at 10'ish am. LOL

Oh, I tried the chicken wings, which were decent. Other things on the menu, like the trip tip sandwiches & fish and chips looked pretty good. The Bloody Mary itself makes it worth it for me, and I'll certainly not hesitate to go there again.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:17 pm

Flew into PDX the week before Christmas, returned last week. Used Priority Pass at Capers Market both directions. Asked if there were any restrictions, was told no bottles of wine or beer and that's all. Was told that coming or going doesn't matter, boarding pass was not required. Note that Priority Pass website now says "To be eligible, Cardholders must present a valid Card and Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel before placing an order." I think, but did not keep proof, that the website entry used to include the word "outbound".

Didn't check coming in, but going out went over to concourse C and noted that the sign was NOT out at the Alaska Lounge. Didn't go in as we were short on time.

Love love love getting the locally-made goodies at Capers for free! ^
IndyHoosier and williwaw like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tfizzle
I have been at Capers C and D multiple times both going and coming. Only once in the past 4 trips did anyone ask for a boarding pass and sadly it was on the way back so I didn't get anything.
Just one data point -- I went to capers once and they asked for a BP.

I was impressed -- the food was good.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm at the KE lounge right now. I made the mistake of clearing security in T6. That was quite a hike! Nothing wrong with the lounge or anything, but honestly not worth the walk.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm at the KE lounge right now. I made the mistake of clearing security in T6. That was quite a hike! Nothing wrong with the lounge or anything, but honestly not worth the walk.
Unless you have a fix for some cup of noodles, I agree.

Although you did get a lot of steps in ^
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Unless you have a fix for some cup of noodles, I agree.

Although you did get a lot of steps in ^
Lol, I had a beer, wrote that message, sent some texts, and walked back. I probably spent as much time walking as I spent in the lounge. I had gorged on Korean BBQ in KoreaTown before heading to the airport so I didn't even try any food.

I was kind of disappointed that they did not have Korean beer. I enjoyed the beer in Seoul quite a bit. Just Bud & Coors Light at the lounge?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:19 am

Alaska airlines lounge at JFK...think twice?

I was thinking about getting the chase sapphire card to get priority pass access(not the only reason to get the card) at the Alaska lounge at jfk. I have seen a few reviews that mention they “restrict” access to priority pass members if it’s too “full”. But when people enter it’s rather empty. I wanted another lounge option besides the aa flagship lounge which I consider very good. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:45 am

i mean the whole point is...is this lounge even worth it? I personally think the flagship AA lounge is better, i wouldnt want to beg to enter this lounge only to find a few hard boiled eggs, drink limits and no shower...:/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.