Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
La Premiere out of LAX but they canceled the mistake fare we booked.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
La Premiere out of LAX but they canceled the mistake fare we booked.
Was going to be fun.

Onto my 2nd shower of SEA. The AMEX folks did a fine job, but the DL SC "A" rooms are huge...
Old May 2, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
And that that is an image that we did not need to have burned into our consciousness…
philemer and jackal like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by BarryL

My understanding is authorized users never had access to AL with Citi card. Only the primary card holder has a full blown Admirals Club membership.

It’s discussed here, see post #135

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Correct that only primary cardholders are members, but my understanding is that authorized users can get AL access (but not any other lounges) with no guests. And I have had authorized users on my account successfully access. Maybe a fluke?
Old May 2, 2018, 7:29 pm

To clarify, are Alaska lounge members Always accepted into Admirals clubs? Or does AAL turn down ASA members due to capacity the way Alaska does PP?

I’m considering switching from PP to Alaska lounge membership
Old May 2, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by beckoa
Was going to be fun.

Onto my 2nd shower of SEA. The AMEX folks did a fine job, but the DL SC "A" rooms are huge...
wow, must have just missed you today at Amex lounge SEA. Totally crowded today.
safe travels
Old May 2, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by ASA_1
To clarify, are Alaska lounge members Always accepted into Admirals clubs? Or does AAL turn down ASA members due to capacity the way Alaska does PP?

I’m considering switching from PP to Alaska lounge membership
Yes, always accepeted (and visa-versa), except for the SFO AC which does not allow Alaska Lounge members.

The move is the Citi World Exec card, which gets you into every AC and every AL, and 10 authorized users with AC access.
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Correct that only primary cardholders are members, but my understanding is that authorized users can get AL access (but not any other lounges) with no guests. And I have had authorized users on my account successfully access. Maybe a fluke?
Maybe. The main thread in the AA forum regarding this still has reports of authorized users being denied access to the AL in the last few months. I am personally aware of an authorized user being denied access in March of this year.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:21 pm

Yes, always accepeted (and visa-versa), except for the SFO AC which does not allow Alaska Lounge members.

The move is the Citi World Exec card, which gets you into every AC and every AL, and 10 authorized users with AC access.
This is only when flying AA or AS, I thought? Or are they actually always accepted? We've been using PP when flying other airlines, instead of ACs, because I thought Boardroom members had airline limitations.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by synergistic
This is only when flying AA or AS, I thought? Or are they actually always accepted? We've been using PP when flying other airlines, instead of ACs, because I thought Boardroom members had airline limitations.
If you have an Admirals Club Membership you have guaranteed access to all Alaska Lounges providing you have a boarding pass for an onward AS or AA flight. Conversely, no boarding pass is required to enter an Admirals Club. As long as you are past security to have access. The AC membership is cheaper through CITI American Airlines AAdvantage World Elite annual fee which comes with a myriad of other benefits including 10% off redemptions - to an annual maximum. For anyone who flies in and out of SFO this is a great solution. You will always have access to the AC even if flying on AS and as an arrivals lounge if you can stay airside. I have arrived early on AS into SFO and used the AC to relax and pass some time before I head into the city and check-in to my hotel.

James
Old May 3, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
I’m an authorized user for AA Citi World Elite MasterCard. The primary cardholder has a Admirals Club logo on card, AU does not. It’s been a while, but AL told me unless the AC logo is on back of card, there’s no access. I’ve got AMEX Plat card with PP, so I’m good. I’ll try again with Citi MC.

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Maybe. The main thread in the AA forum regarding this still has reports of authorized users being denied access to the AL in the last few months. I am personally aware of an authorized user being denied access in March of this year.
So are there reports of Citi MC AUs who’ve gotten into AL while flying AS/AA?
Old May 4, 2018, 4:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I’ve got AMEX Plat card with PP, so I’m good.

The whole point of this thread is that you are probably NOT good.
fti likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 8:11 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Technically authorized users on the Citi AA Exec card are only allowed access to AA lounges and are not allowed access to any partner lounges... but it sounds like Alaska isn't always enforcing the T&Cs (or that some agents aren't aware of the restriction).
Old May 4, 2018, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

The only report of authorized users being granted access recently that I am aware of is the report by MAH4546 in this thread.
Old May 4, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I wrote into Alaska about my lounge visit and their excessive use of the “full house” sign for PP. They apologized, said they’d forward my comments onto their “lounge management team” and gave me a $75 E-CERT, which I was not expecting or sure why I was given it.

Anyway, the gist of the email seemed to be that they are aware of the problem and are looking for active ways to figure out how to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.