Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Had the deconstructed chicken pot pie on JNU-SEA today... I think almost everyone had it, and this one was a bit better than last (not sure if this FA was just better at her job or not). Salt/pepper offered on each tray, along with a margarita Seattle chocolate, premeal hot towel, and ample refills on the beverages.
Old May 20, 2014, 9:22 am

My search-fu is failing and I can't find the answer to this pretty simple question: in what direction are meal orders taken on Alaska Airlines flights? Is it always front-to-back?
Old May 20, 2014, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by djibouti
My search-fu is failing and I can't find the answer to this pretty simple question: in what direction are meal orders taken on Alaska Airlines flights? Is it always front-to-back?
Normally yes. I had a BOS-SAN recently that wasn't though.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Originally Posted by djibouti
I have a feeling it's entirely up to the FC FA. I've have some who've done it in reverse.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old May 20, 2014, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I've even had them draw numbers from a hat!
Old May 20, 2014, 12:36 pm

My last BOS-SAN-BOS trip had the same lead FA on different days (are they called pursers domestically?). BOS-SAN he took orders front to back, SAN-BOS back to front.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:42 am

Flew OGG-PDX and PDX-DCA. First time flying Alaska and quite impressed. On the OGG-PDX flight, it was a 10:55 PM departure, so all that was offered was a cheese plate and fruit and drinks. The cheese was fine.

On the PDX-DCA flight, the flight left around 7:30 AM, but they served a full lunch. The food was great. Starter was an arugula salad with grilled pears. Quite tasty. Mains were either a crusted Alaskan halibut or tortellini with sausage. I chose the tortellini which was quite tasty. For dessert, there was an apple pie-like dessert. It was warm and tasty. Very impressed with the food; far better than the food I had on United the day prior.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:44 am

On my last two flights the order was in fact FEBO. This might have been pure coincidence as it's a sample size of 2.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by loofa133
On the PDX-DCA flight, the flight left around 7:30 AM, but they served a full lunch. The food was great. Starter was an arugula salad with grilled pears. Quite tasty. Mains were either a crusted Alaskan halibut or tortellini with sausage. I chose the tortellini which was quite tasty. For dessert, there was an apple pie-like dessert. It was warm and tasty. Very impressed with the food; far better than the food I had on United the day prior.
was lunch not served until a couple of hours into flight? 7:30am seems like a very early depart hour for a lunch service, i would have expected breakfast on this route.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
was lunch not served until a couple of hours into flight? 7:30am seems like a very early depart hour for a lunch service, i would have expected breakfast on this route.
It leaves at 9:35, not 7:30. Breakfast is generally served on flights leaving prior to 9:30 and lunch on flights leaving after.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
It leaves at 9:35, not 7:30. Breakfast is generally served on flights leaving prior to 9:30 and lunch on flights leaving after.
Sorry, yes, 9:35 AM. They started serving lunch pretty much when we were up in the air.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Getting on my salad rant again (although a bit tardy since the flight was on 5/14/14).

PDX-ATL the salad was described as:

Arugula with grilled pear salad (walnuts and blue cheese crumbles)

It was 3 huge not so appetizing looking pears a bunch of walnuts, a little blue cheese (which I despise to begin with) and a handful of Arugula.

Just don't understand all this jazzing up a salad. A basic salad would be much more preferable than this mess.

Off my soapbox. Please carry on.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
Getting on my salad rant again (although a bit tardy since the flight was on 5/14/14).

PDX-ATL the salad was described as:

Arugula with grilled pear salad (walnuts and blue cheese crumbles)

It was 3 huge not so appetizing looking pears a bunch of walnuts, a little blue cheese (which I despise to begin with) and a handful of Arugula.

Just don't understand all this jazzing up a salad. A basic salad would be much more preferable than this mess.

Off my soapbox. Please carry on.

+1...never have liked fruit on my salad and thankfully I never have to say "hold the fruit" at restaurants since most dinner/side salads don't have fruit to begin with....some romaine or iceberg lettuce mix, maybe a cherry tomato, a tub of ranch dressing....it's not that difficult...if you want to "jazz up" something, how about a shrimp cocktail appetizer with the salad or maybe a nice Caesar salad?
Old May 28, 2014, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by loofa133
Sorry, yes, 9:35 AM. They started serving lunch pretty much when we were up in the air.
Big difference between 7:30 and 9:35am....did you forget to change the time on your watch when you landed in Portland??
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Does anyone know what the current SEA-OGG meal choices are? Planning ahead for next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.