Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by zmaniacz
Even got hot towels on SEA-SMF last night. Although the Turkey/Cranberry sandwich was unimpressive.
Sounds leftover from thanksgiving
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
Hot towels 2/8 AS606 SEA-LAS.

Served the eggs, sausage, polenta for 7am flight. I'd personally take the yogurt and granola in the morning, but this hot breaky is a vast improvement over previous hot meals to LAS.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
What's the deal with AS and serving polenta when most domestic airlines serve some kind of potatoes with the eggs? I don't remember any time I've gone out for breakfast and asked, "could I get some polenta instead of hash browns please?"

Originally Posted by the42ndstate

Served the eggs, sausage, polenta for 7am flight. I'd personally take the yogurt and granola in the morning, but this hot breaky is a vast improvement over previous hot meals to LAS.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
What's the deal with AS and serving polenta when most domestic airlines serve some kind of potatoes with the eggs? I don't remember any time I've gone out for breakfast and asked, "could I get some polenta instead of hash browns please?"
(1) AS isn't "most domestic airlines."
(2) "Most domestic airlines" have been known to serve potatoes that aren't fit for human consumption with their breakfasts.
(3) What kind of self-respecting PDX resident are you if you cannot accept "the heights of culinary innovation" on your breakfast plate
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:48 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
most of that polenta and tofu stuff stems from AS catering to that portland crowd
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:50 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(1) AS isn't "most domestic airlines."
(2) "Most domestic airlines" have been known to serve potatoes that aren't fit for human consumption with their breakfasts.
yeah most of them taste like limestone from the rock quarry
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by the42ndstate

Had this AS116 this morning ANC-SEA. Suprised by it- turned out tasty ^
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
most of that polenta and tofu stuff stems from AS catering to that portland crowd
If they were REALLY catering to the Portland crowd, they would include a Voodoo donut with breakfast ^
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:33 pm
ANC

If they were REALLY catering to the Portland crowd, they would include a Voodoo donut with breakfast ^
Im all for that! ^
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
If they were going after the Portland crowd, they'd include a vegan, locally (~5mi of the kitchen) sourced pile of lawn clippings and tree branches.

Voodoo doughnuts, while tasty, is a gigantic tourist trap. Coco Donuts is much better, and it's not overrun with tourists.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Reports of cookies have me very excited! Will check back in once on the plane to let you know what we have for a "snack"
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
Reports of cookies have me very excited! Will check back in once on the plane to let you know what we have for a "snack"
FC FA stated they are served for flights departing after 8pm local. They're delicious.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kermee
FC FA stated they are served for flights departing after 8pm local. They're delicious.

Cheers,
Kermee
Shoot, I'm leaving at 6:55.

Anyone know what the snack of the month it is? Last month was the Pulled Pork.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:30 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by Kermee

Cheers,
Kermee
yes they are good! A chocolate cookie and some sort of smore type cookie is what I had SEA-ANC on an 855pm departure
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Awright gang, here's an update on a February meal that actually includes a photo of the food. That's right - an actual photo! Seatmate and the flight attendant definitely wrote me off as being a real weirdo for photographing my meal but from where I sit (usually in a First Class seat) these descriptions are best served with a picture, so I just sucked it up and took not one but five different shots of the fabulous chicken breast. What you're getting is the very best of those shots.
Are there certain routes that AS will use to judge new menu's before they are OK for all meal flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.