Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:10 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by beckoa
Never flown them
I did and both times we got bagged lunches ......oh wait thats because it was a 747 contracted military charters

At least I was able to secure an exit seat row right by the mid galley and TWA at least had adult beverages. So close to the galley we never even had to ask for more. Every time she saw we needed more the FA brought more, that was quite a fun flight on the return nonstop NRT-FAI
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Any updates yet
Any Hawaii updates yet (assuming the "Feb upgrades" of F meal service have taken effect on Hawaii flights as well)???
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Any Hawaii updates yet (assuming the "Feb upgrades" of F meal service have taken effect on Hawaii flights as well)???
I posted a Sea-HNL menu in the reports thread. I will be doing HNL-LAS roundtrip in the next week or so, connecting through BLI. Looks pretty likely that I'll be upgraded so will post those menus if I am indeed sitting in first.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tusphotog
1/29 LAX-YVR 950a: hummus and pita and the sad veggies. Had a nice breakfast on my AA DFW-LAX flight so I passed on this one.

1/30 SEA-SMF 120p: cous cous salad.

2/2 SJC-SEA 310p: Hot towels before the food. Same cous cous salad as two days before but the portion was bigger (or at least it seemed bigger). This one was missing the cranberries.

2/3 SEA-LAS 910p: Hot towels and two warm cookies. Yum. ^
Emphasis mine

Wow. Hot towels on a non-transcon? Low cost way of adding back some class AS ^
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:16 am
ANC

Emphasis mine

Wow. Hot towels on a non-transcon?
yup. even ANC/SEA
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I told the (awesome) FA on the SJC-SEA flight that it felt like I was flying Delta. She said "just as long as they don't buy us!" She mentioned it was part of the new F service and they'll have them on all flights now.

It's been a good 15 years or more since I've seen the hot towels on SJC-SEA run. Heck, I didn't even get them going to Hawaii last year...
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by tusphotog
I told the (awesome) FA on the SJC-SEA flight that it felt like I was flying Delta. She said "just as long as they don't buy us!" She mentioned it was part of the new F service and they'll have them on all flights now.

It's been a good 15 years or more since I've seen the hot towels on SJC-SEA run. Heck, I didn't even get them going to Hawaii last year...
What else did AS improve? Bring back Glenlivet?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:17 pm

Well, on that topic, I was super pleasantly surprised that we got warm nuts on my flight - nontranscon, SEA->SFO.

Also got the warm towels, but they were a bit wet - they still need to get the exact moisture content level down pat.

Pretty pleased today for my first AS (and!) F flight of the year.. ^
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lastquestion
Well, on that topic, I was super pleasantly surprised that we got warm nuts on my flight - nontranscon, SEA->SFO.

Also got the warm towels, but they were a bit wet - they still need to get the exact moisture content level down pat.

Warm nuts in addition to the typical inflight snack on that route or INSTEAD of...????
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by lastquestion

Soggy and very hot towels on OAK-SEA 2/2. Appreciated but kind of messy.

On our SEA-SFO on 1/31, the FA stated there was a catering error and we didn't get any breakfast, just "snacks" which was warm nuts. Not a long flight, but used to getting something a bit more breakfasty at 10am.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meej
Soggy and very hot towels on OAK-SEA 2/2. Appreciated but kind of messy.

On our SEA-SFO on 1/31, the FA stated there was a catering error and we didn't get any breakfast, just "snacks" which was warm nuts. Not a long flight, but used to getting something a bit more breakfasty at 10am.
You hope that was a "catering error"....they managed to cater the warm nuts....
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:26 pm
ANC

looks like a chicken pot pie in a puff pastry is the big thing making the February rounds. Second time was today already. This one had a twist, the catering forgot to bring the dough. So we had stew basicly. Its tasty and actually really good. Just watch for randon pieces of gristly chicken just like with take of chinese food
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Mmm Chinese

AS should have a month that CX caters
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: All of 'em
Also visit www.airlinemeals.net to view and post in-flight meals, such as F class meals on AS. (sorry if this website has already been mentioned)
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Even got hot towels on SEA-SMF last night. Although the Turkey/Cranberry sandwich was unimpressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.