Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by slopeboy40
SEA-ANC, 8:00am departure. FA apologized profusely that the aircraft was not fully catered and they didn't want to take a delay to wait for meals. What?? I can't even get a bad meal in F now? We were served the Beechers breakfast sandwich from coach (complimentary) on a tray with a fork and knife. It was ok.

Too bad I had already had a BK croissan'wich at N gates to hold me over.
Hmm that would be hard -delay or food.- wonder what would of been served normally in F this month?

If a Transcon I'd hope they'd load the fuel and push the throttle harder a bit...
Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by beckoa
Hmm that would be hard -delay or food.- wonder what would of been served normally in F this month?

If a Transcon I'd hope they'd load the fuel and push the throttle harder a bit...
Well, when I said "not fully catered" that included F, it looked like 50% or so of F got the real breakfast of polenta, sausage patty, etc. How the FA determined who would get an F meal and who would get a Y meal was not explained. It wasn't where you sat, my wife was in row 2 and I was in row 4 and we both got Y food. And I don't think it was based on status, we're both 75K. Maybe it was paid F that got the real meal? That would make the most sense I suppose.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
8/1 SEA-PHX 1120a departure: that Vietnamese sandwich.
Is this the Y BOB sandwich?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Is this the Y BOB sandwich?
I think there are 2 variations of it one for Y and one for F. I thought the Y one was very tasty...not sure what makes the happen for F (I haven't tried it yet so can't pass my own judgement)
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
How's the breakfast on the red eye OGG-PDX?

What kind of snacks after departure (11:10pm)?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
How's the breakfast on the red eye OGG-PDX?

What kind of snacks after departure (11:10pm)?
There is no breakfast served on this flight. I was curious if other airlines served a meal or food and it looks like they don't. If their websites are correct, that is. Fruit and cheese plate is the snack after departure.

Last edited by AS Flyer; Aug 17, 2014 at 10:26 pm
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
There is no breakfast served on this flight. I was curious if other airlines served a meal or food and it looks like they don't. If their websites are correct, that is. Fruit and cheese plate is the snack after departure.
Where did you find the info that there is no breakfast in F on this flt.? I took this flt. in early 2013 and I could have sworn there was something offered for breakfast. Maybe not a FULL breakfast but something approaching a breakfast.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Is the Hawaii red-eye snack still different than the trans con red-eyes? It seemed like the trans con red-eyes were getting some type of a sandwich whereas Hawaii red-eyes kept the fruit and cheese plate snack.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is the Hawaii red-eye snack still different than the trans con red-eyes? It seemed like the trans con red-eyes were getting some type of a sandwich whereas Hawaii red-eyes kept the fruit and cheese plate snack.
I'm not sure why the difference but, yes, the Hawaii red-eyes are getting a fruit and cheese and I think the transcons are still getting a slightly more substantial service of a sandwich plate of some sort.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure why the difference but, yes, the Hawaii red-eyes are getting a fruit and cheese and I think the transcons are still getting a slightly more substantial service of a sandwich plate of some sort.
Is there any way to find out what would be served on a Hawaii-PDX or SEA red-eye in the morning? I believe you that there is no breakfast but surely some type of munchies. Yes?
Mahalo
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Not much if anything on the redeyes.

I did have a *full transcon dinner* last time on HNL-ANC.

However this was an 8:50 PM departure... the cutoff is prior to 9 PM. The adjusted AS871 schedule doesn't allow for this. After that I have had a fruit/cheese plate. I have not tried any redeyes since the 'upgraded' meals ex-Hawaii to lower 48, and am sad to see these haven't been upgraded. Possibly a scone was offered before for breakfast but not much.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
SEA to MSP AS 36 10:05 AM

Hi
What to expect - SEA to MSP AS 36 10:05 AM in F ??
Any veg option or can we request one ahead ??

Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
Hi

Thanks
Not sure there will be a vegetarian option, but AS typically has a fruit & cheese platter for sale in the main cabin. There are no special meals.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
Hi

Thanks
If you're traveling this month (Aug), they'll be serving a pretty good cheese tortellini option. It comes with Italian sausage but the sausage is on the side and can be left off if you ask. It's a pretty nice dish.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
If you're traveling this month (Aug), they'll be serving a pretty good cheese tortellini option. It comes with Italian sausage but the sausage is on the side and can be left off if you ask. It's a pretty nice dish.
YUM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.