Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:58 am

Dead again. Thanks for leaking the new link.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Platinum Plus and Preferred cardholders

What is a Plat Plus and Preferred Cardholder?
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...=2106297&po=QJ
Annual Fee

$75 for Visa Signature accounts,
$50 for Platinum Plus accounts, or
$35 for Preferred accounts.

You understand that your credit line will be determined based on your creditworthiness and your account type will be determined based on your approved credit line as follows: if your application is approved with a credit line of $5,000 or greater, you will receive a Visa Signature® account; if your credit line is less than $5,000, but greater or equal to $2,000, you will receive a Platinum Plus account; if your credit line is less than $2,000, you will receive a Preferred account.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:44 am

So is the 50K deal for Western WA residents gone? I got an email two weeks ago, finally got around to trying ot apply today and it says the application is down.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by SeattleSon76
So is the 50K deal for Western WA residents gone? I got an email two weeks ago, finally got around to trying ot apply today and it says the application is down.
Been bouncing around for a few days with different variations of the URL but sounds like its been pulled...for now.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Only Western WA?

Looks totally dead, but only western WA? Never noticed that.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jchilders
Looks totally dead, but only western WA? Never noticed that.
I received an email that was "exclusively for Western Washington residents" 2 weeks ago. Surprised their limited-time offer was so limited...oh well.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS, SPG
Looks like it's dead. I received my card today and 25k points already posted. Will be making the 1k min spend today.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:40 am

Vanilla Reloads > BlueBird to meet spend on Alaska Airlines BOA CC?

Will Vanilla Reload purchases from CVS show as regular transactions or cash advances on the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card? Asking because I may want to purchase a single $500 VR with this card to effectively halve the 1K spend.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:41 am

How to tell if I got the additional 25K after 1K spend?

* Applied and instantly approved on 12/11/2013
* 25K miles posted on 12/13/2013
* Approved for 10K credit line (5K+ should = visa signature)

Called BOA customer service and CSR seemed unable to tell me what bonus I'd get. When I explained what bonus terms I expected, she made a vague statement that I would receive the 25K + 25K only if it was for an in-flight app or marketing--presuming the offer I applied for was the special marketing one. Never had a CSR rep be unable to tell me exactly what bonus / spend I'd be getting. If this a Hang Up and Call Again situation? e.g. CSR inexperience? Very nice CSR rep by the way. Just wasn't able to confirm the bonus terms--immediately went into a $500 spend routine before I politely interrupted.

For another data point, the 25K miles on approval posted to my AS Mileage Plan account in two pieces as follows (5K + 20K):

* SIGNATURE CARD II ENROLLMENT BONUS Credited 5,000
* SIGNATURE CARD II ENROLLMENT BONUS 2 Credited 20,000

Is the above a good indicator that I did, or did not, receive the +25K bonus after 1K spend? Or does it not signify anything? Guess I can meet the 1K spend and see what happens. The ability to use VR would accelerate the process. Will VR purchases post as normal transactions on this card?

Last edited by moretimeoffguy; Dec 27, 2013 at 9:52 am Reason: added 10K credit line (5K+ = visa signature)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I received an email that was "exclusively for Western Washington residents" 2 weeks ago. Surprised their limited-time offer was so limited...oh well.
Ah, thanks. Never got an email.

Yeah pity that - I wanted a few friends of mine to get in on it, but they didn't move quickly enough. Personally, I'd been waiting for a good one to come along, since I've had the "gold" Alaska visa for a long time and this was the right time to pounce. Now it makes sense why they didn't send me the email. In the end, just glad they didn't mind an application from Yakima.

Best deal I can remember, but there's always another coming.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:12 pm

My wife's card came in the mail today. She hadn't been instantly approved and applied after me--either later the same day or a day or two afterwards. She got a 5K credit line so it's a Visa Signature. Just called CSR and the rep saw the 25K on approval and additional 25K after 1K spend in 3 months with the caveat about it being either from an in-flight app or marketing something-or-other. Hope it turns out that I also got the total 50K offer...

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
* 25K miles posted on 12/13/2013
* Approved for 10K credit line (5K+ should = visa signature)

Called BOA customer service and CSR seemed unable to tell me what bonus I'd get. When I explained what bonus terms I expected, she made a vague statement that I would receive the 25K + 25K only if it was for an in-flight app or marketing--presuming the offer I applied for was the special marketing one. Never had a CSR rep be unable to tell me exactly what bonus / spend I'd be getting. If this a Hang Up and Call Again situation? e.g. CSR inexperience? Very nice CSR rep by the way. Just wasn't able to confirm the bonus terms--immediately went into a $500 spend routine before I politely interrupted.

For another data point, the 25K miles on approval posted to my AS Mileage Plan account in two pieces as follows (5K + 20K):

* SIGNATURE CARD II ENROLLMENT BONUS 2 Credited 20,000

Is the above a good indicator that I did, or did not, receive the +25K bonus after 1K spend? Or does it not signify anything? Guess I can meet the 1K spend and see what happens. The ability to use VR would accelerate the process. Will VR purchases post as normal transactions on this card?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by Morris987
Dead again. Thanks for leaking the new link.
It was already on FT previously posted by a mod in a thread which gets way more traffic than this one.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21991240-post240.html
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
My husband received this offer by email but didn't apply right away. He just called BOA and they said the offer is expired although the email didn't show an expiration date. Has anyone applied in the past 2 days and received approval?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:52 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
* 25K miles posted on 12/13/2013...

* SIGNATURE CARD II ENROLLMENT BONUS 2 Credited 20,000...
I am in the exact same situation.

I also met the $1000 spend requirement within three weeks of opening the account. I have a pdf of the offer for the 50K total miles. I sent a message from my BofA account, but haven't heard anything yet (and unlike with some banks' secure messaging systems, you can't attach a document to BofA's)

Anyone a) know when the extra 50K will post, b) have a better way to contact BofA in the event they cavil about the extra 25K?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I am in the exact same situation.

I also met the $1000 spend requirement within three weeks of opening the account. I have a pdf of the offer for the 50K total miles. I sent a message from my BofA account, but haven't heard anything yet (and unlike with some banks' secure messaging systems, you can't attach a document to BofA's)

Anyone a) know when the extra 50K will post, b) have a better way to contact BofA in the event they cavil about the extra 25K?
Please keep us updated. I'll do the same. Just met spend this Friday 1/10/2014. Transaction still pending. Next statement closing is 1/17/2014. So if the additional points post at all, I'd imagine that would occur up to several weeks after statement closing.

Good luck and again, please keep us posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.