Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
EK announced BUD service starting late October. Perhaps some late fall seats available
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:38 pm
Formerly damitssam

Originally Posted by SFO777
Has EK simply stopped releasing First (Z) seats ex-DXB?
DXB-SEA shows F4 the rest of this week with only one assigned F seat.
Yet zero zip nada Z avails.
No, its just the North American routes. For my add on, DXB-HKG flight, wide open availability.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:43 pm
Suspended

EF shows Z1 but alaska manual sell desk does not see it...

What can I tell her so she sees what EF sees?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
EF shows Z1 but alaska manual sell desk does not see it... What can I tell her so she sees what EF sees?
Try another agent.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
EK Availability

Hi all! I've been reading off an on through this thread the past couple months. Will be working on flights for next summer coming up on EK to Europe. Have been following the phantom availability issue, so know that's a problem. It seems when I look at the calendar (going to be looking for 2) both close in and further out (May/June 2015) there doesn't seem to be any (or very little) F space for even one person from SEA/SFO/LAX to DXB. Just so I temper my expectations, could someone clarify the current status of EK award space for me?

1) Is EK releasing much space between North America and DXB? If so, does it seem to be further out, close in, or somewhere in the middle? Any specific routes with better availability? We're flexible for starting location.

2) In general, how is the award space between DXB and various points in Europe? We are somewhat flexible with our destination, but would prefer in this order: MXP, ZRH, FCO, or MUC.

Thanks for your advice. As much as I want to experience EK First (especially on the A380), we do want to get our flights booked sometime between now and fall so we can start nailing down lodging as we like to stay in small hotels/B & B's which fill up quickly.

Last edited by Jed33d; Jul 25, 2014 at 12:30 pm Reason: Fixed airline code...oops!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
EF shows Z1 but alaska manual sell desk does not see it...

What can I tell her so she sees what EF sees?
The AS "manual sell desk"?

Such a thing exists?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Gold
To pile onto the list of questions here...

1) Is the best strategy to find F awards to save individual flight alerts for every single flight on every single date that I'd be interested in going?

2) Is there a general time of day when award space is released?

Looking for awards for late december (US-DXB) or early Jan (DXB-US)
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mzrn
Looking for awards for late december (US-DXB) or early Jan (DXB-US)
I looked at those a bunch last year and this year and I've seen basically 0 EK awards available on AS' site ex-DXB from like late December until Feb. I'm guessing that's just due to popularity of going to somewhere warm for the holiday season.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by LwoodY2K
I looked at those a bunch last year and this year and I've seen basically 0 EK awards available on AS' site ex-DXB from like late December until Feb. I'm guessing that's just due to popularity of going to somewhere warm for the holiday season.
No its just the website is broken
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: -
I've tried calling ~10 times over the past couple of days and all agents refuse to do a manual sell. Is there any secret on how to ask for it?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:42 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Booking EK via AS miles is maddening. But I did have luck booking JFK-DXB-BKK for my desired dates when EF showed Z1. First choice was phantom inventory, second choice actually went through. Dates were T<30.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Booking EK via AS miles is maddening. But I did have luck booking JFK-DXB-BKK for my desired dates when EF showed Z1. First choice was phantom inventory, second choice actually went through. Dates were T<30.
One or two seats?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:46 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
One seat.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Just booked SEA - IAH - DXB - LHR in F on the a380 (again!)

IAH - DXB gets in around 1900HR and DXB - LHR leaves around 9:00HR the next morning. I assume EK does not offer a hotel for the layover?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
One seat.
Congrats.

Agree that it's become sort of like whack-a-mole booking EK with AS.

A couple commenters above alluded to a "manual sell desk," though did not give any further details, unfortunately. If one could access that desk, one could simply look on EF for actual inventory.

A man can wish...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.