Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Finkface
Thanks JJJ. I'm not really worried, I know it will all work out. I just thought it strange that the miles shared with Alaska was 0. I probably wouldn't even have noticed it if it wasn't for this thread. I am a naively trusting soul who believes that they just always get it right. It just looked odd that my points showed as earned but not sent to AS.
My online version of an existing mbna account shows that 0 have been sent to AS, yet they posted on the AS site 2 days ago.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by mr.brodie
My online version of an existing mbna account shows that 0 have been sent to AS, yet they posted on the AS site 2 days ago.
Thanks. But, we need more input. When did your statement cycle? So we can have a datapoint on how long it took to post from MBNA to AS.

Johnny-5
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Thanks. But, we need more input. When did your statement cycle? So we can have a datapoint on how long it took to post from MBNA to AS.

Johnny-5
I am referring to the same credit card account that is in my post #565 (above). Note again that this is an existing account and not a new one.

Dec. 10 - Closing Date @ mbna. Correct number of Base Miles showed (possibly the next day).

Dec. 19 - Correct number of Base Miles posted on the Alaska website.

Dec. 21 - mbna website shows that 0 Miles have been shared with Alaska
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by mr.brodie
I am referring to the same credit card account that is in my post #565 (above). Note again that this is an existing account and not a new one.

Dec. 10 - Closing Date @ mbna. Correct number of Base Miles showed (possibly the next day).

Dec. 19 - Correct number of Base Miles posted on the Alaska website.

Dec. 21 - mbna website shows that 0 Miles have been shared with Alaska
Thanks, and sorry for not piecing your posts together for the full picture.

The take-away from your info is that it took 9 days to post points into your AS account after the statement cycling date.

Another existing cardholder upthread mentioned it took 6 days.

I and and other new account cardholders have reported also 9 days.

With a closing date of the 17th, I'm now looking forward to an post-XMAS day present under the AS tree.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:48 pm

Finally got my $60 cash rebate for the MBNA AS MC posted at GCR.

I know there are others in the same boat as me, so here's my info.
  • Applied for the MBNA AS MC via GCR in mid Sept.
  • got delayed due to MBNA transition to TD servers, queued till early Oct.
  • called MBNA in mid/late Oct to find out card was approved
  • card never arrived and found out that I was one of the unlucky ones that would need my application to be re-keyed in again, manually, due to some date glitch/error
  • card finally arrived in late Nov, activated and used.
  • contacted GCR to ask about $60 missing rebate, and was told that MBNA is not reporting consistently back to them yet with the list of card approvals.
  • Dec 10th, saw my wife's GCR account get the $60 posted (she applied 3 days before me), but I never saw my own $60 rebate.
  • Waited another 10 days, then contacted GCR and $60 credited later in the day, Dec 21st.

If you've got your card, but you're still missing your $60 GCR rebate, I'd suggest you contact GCR.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Thanks, and sorry for not piecing your posts together for the full picture.

The take-away from your info is that it took 9 days to post points into your AS account after the statement cycling date.

Another existing cardholder upthread mentioned it took 6 days.

I and and other new account cardholders have reported also 9 days.

With a closing date of the 17th, I'm now looking forward to an post-XMAS day present under the AS tree.
My pleasure, JJonahJ . We are here to help each other out.

Not much seems to happen on weekends at mbna, so 6 days for Miles to post to AS, may be almost the same as the 9, in my particular real life example. We probably need to focus on business days and exclude 2 and 3 day weekends. Your calculation of mine as being 9 days included a 2 day weekend.

My other thought is that some customers may stay awake waiting for their Miles to post but most probably don’t bother. While I spotted mine in the morning of the 19th, I really don’t know if they had just posted or did so at 10PM on the 18th. Without thinking about it, I perceive that the magic happens at the stroke of midnight but I don’t know what I base this upon, other than maybe some telephone conversation or FT post. In any case, the “new improved” mbna software may be different.

If I concluded that mbna posted for me at 11:59 PM on the 10th and AS posted for me at 11:59 PM on the 18th, I calculate 6 business days. Of course, the 6 day person may now want to shorten down to 4 days. Or maybe not.

Like Finkface, I really haven’t paid a lot of attention to the “Miles shared with Alaska Airlines” row but have seen numbers there, including minus ones.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:59 pm

Another data point:
- statement date Dec 19
- points posted at Alaska Dec 22

(this kinda refutes the idea that business days vs plain old days matter)
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:25 pm

Thanks robsaw,

I checked my AS.com account, a couple of hours ago, at just before midnite, Dec 22nd, no points.

Saw your post, and just checked again, now on Dec 23rd at 1:15am (GTA time), and the 25,000 posted.

So, my datapoint:
- new card signup for 25,000
- statement date Dec 17, saw 25,000 listed
- points posted at AS.com, Dec 23 - i.e. 6 days to post (4 biz days).

And $60 rebate posted after contacting GCR about Missing Rebate.
Done. Over and OUT!

^^
Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:36 pm

I noticed that for the World Elite version of this card, the annual income requirement is $70,000. If you are below this, will you simply be given the "lower tier" version of this card? I seem to remember there is another version of this card that is not called the World Elite but still offers the 25k welcome bonus, but I could be wrong.

Just wondering as my significant other is just under this income requirement and it looks like her application is pending review.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by bjywong
I noticed that for the World Elite version of this card, the annual income requirement is $70,000. If you are below this, will you simply be given the "lower tier" version of this card? I seem to remember there is another version of this card that is not called the World Elite but still offers the 25k welcome bonus, but I could be wrong.

Just wondering as my significant other is just under this income requirement and it looks like her application is pending review.
It's just a different version of the Mastercard. You should still get 25k points pending approval. the card they have on their website (which has the 25k offer clearly present) is the "lower" version of the card. I have one of each.

If your significant other is pending review, that can be quite normal. I suggest having her call in to find out what the issue is. It's happened to me in the past. sometimes their system has random red flags raised that hold up an approval. Multiple card applications from one address, for example. After speaking to an agent, I got that cleared up pretty easily.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:35 am

Has anybody been offered 10k miles for the World upgrade since the TD web site transition?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:13 pm

Another datapoint for those of you who have signed up for this credit card.

- Applied with instant approval Nov 28/14
- Received credit card Dec 8/14 and started using right away. Unable to set up online account. Called CS x 2 who stated it may take up to 1 month and they will phone me once this is done.
- Received first paper statement Jan 2/15 with statement date of Dec 23/14. Mileage plan number checked and correct. Base mile xxx and bonus miles 25000. Miles shared with AS 0. Still no ability to have account online. No companion fare showing in account.

Obviously MBNA still having issues with this transition.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: FPC, Avios, Asia Miles, Aeroplan, AS, National
Originally Posted by crimsona
Has anybody been offered 10k miles for the World upgrade since the TD web site transition?
I would like to know that also. Looking to get that 10k for the upgrade.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
So for months my points have been transferring nicely. December, my account says "points transferred Dec 22nd", but my AS Mileage account is not showing any activity since my Nov 22nd transfer.
Do I contact MBNA or Alaska?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by WikiHNL
So for months my points have been transferring nicely. December, my account says "points transferred Dec 22nd", but my AS Mileage account is not showing any activity since my Nov 22nd transfer.
Do I contact MBNA or Alaska?
I'd wait a bit myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.