Website Problems/Issues thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Air NZ Online
Hi Kiwi Flyer, we have access to market level data. Cheers
Market data could be skewed.

Eg1 I want to fly to A, but unable to do so on NZ website. Instead I book a flight to B (on NZ or someone else) and separate ticket B-A. I doubt market data would show I'm travelling to A.

Eg2 I want to fly to A and stymied on NZ website. While trying on another airline website I discover I can fly to A and also to C for no/little extra cost. My ticket is NZ to C with stopover in A. How does that come through in the market data?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Top of climb
...introduce individual seat selection for each pax when part of a larger party on the same booking?...
This. I would really appreciate being able to do so. And I think it would be helpful where a party is flying Business Premier, and being seated horizontally next to each other isn't ideal (except for the two seats close together at the front).
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
maybe its just me and my computer...but I have noticed airnz.co.nz, myairnz.co.nz and even grabaseat.co.nz taking longer to load and even crashing sometimes...it was slowish yest but seems worse today...maybe my comp though!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 4:58 pm

Sorry to say it's not the policy of our Contact Centre to waive fees when customers use our consultants' services.
i understand the contact center fee can not be waived, but there is no other choice as we can not make booking online ourself. another word we are forced to pay the service fee.

$100 for long haul service fee is a lot of higher than other travel agents charge these days, as a loyal air nz customers i dont mind pay for a little bit more, just so i can can earn some flybuys points at the same time, other customers may just switch to a normal travel agent pay lower service fee and might even get a better deal and not flying air nz.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox
maybe its just me and my computer...but I have noticed airnz.co.nz, myairnz.co.nz and even grabaseat.co.nz taking longer to load and even crashing sometimes...it was slowish yest but seems worse today...maybe my comp though!
Same.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
$100 for long haul service fee is a lot of higher than other travel agents charge these days, as a loyal air nz customers i dont mind pay for a little bit more, just so i can can earn some flybuys points at the same time, other customers may just switch to a normal travel agent pay lower service fee and might even get a better deal and not flying air nz.
Out of interest, what airlines charge more than $100 for a service fee?

Surely the NZ fee must be one of the highest in the world?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Aerosett
Out of interest, what airlines charge more than $100 for a service fee?

Surely the NZ fee must be one of the highest in the world?
If I were to book a one way short haul Star partner flight using Airpoints, I could not justify the $100 per booking fee. We already know Airpoints earn/burn ratio is one of the highest in the world. $100 on top of all this is just really ridiculous. Frequent flyers all around the world from other airlines are all enjoying the many benefits Star has to offer, as a loyal NZ customer I cannot feel the existence of Star. I know I could just choose another program but at the same time NZ might lose me as a customer.

The way I see is this. At the moment, I stay with Airpoints because of the quality of the airline itself. Usually the purpose of FFP is the other way around, to create loyalty regardless, eg Mileage Plus and United.

Last edited by Xiaotung; Jul 9, 2010 at 10:51 pm
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:04 pm

A policy is a guideline - it can be waived at any time. Seems NZ just making excuses for "ripping" people off with high service charges.
Just like with provincial airfares - still no response to why NZ charging over $400 to get from Timaru or Blenheim to CHC to use the PE current deal to LAX
Old Jul 10, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I definitely agree with the comments that the engine should allow booking to destinations where there is a published NZ fare (eticketing requirements permitting). NZ misses out on my revenue if I can't book online, to e.g. Ottawa.

Also I would like to see the ability to book to partner destinations using a mix of Premium Economy on NZ and economy on the partner airlines with the multi-stop tool. I can't do that today (I want to go AKL-LAX in PE, then LAX-xxx-YOW in Y).

A wider choice of routing would be nice too.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
A policy is a guideline - it can be waived at any time. Seems NZ just making excuses for "ripping" people off with high service charges.
Just like with provincial airfares - still no response to why NZ charging over $400 to get from Timaru or Blenheim to CHC to use the PE current deal to LAX
The fare class for domestic 'add-ons' is usually a flexible fare class, and when this is applied from a regional destination....ouch!
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Hi, we do make basic account info and functionality available for Airpoints members without Flash installed with your browser. When you login to myairnz, without Flash you'll see a page entitled 'Get Flash Player' - at the bottom of this page you'll see the sentence "You can view an accessible menu of links."
Heya Paul, thanks for joining us. It's always great to see airline staff participating here.

To be honest, I find it difficult to understand why AirNZ chose Flash as the main platform for their airpoints site. Other frequent flyer programmes manages to develop high quality frequent flyer sites on standard-based HTML/CSS platform -- which can be accessed by virtually any internet-connected devices.

Qantas' FF site remains an excellent example of 'how to do it'. And they did it all using standard-based HTML/CSS which means mobile devices (Android, iPhone, et al) can use it. The only flash they have is for marketing material -- which I don't miss when I have Flash disabled.

I know there's not much that can be done now that there has been a lot of investment into the current myairnz site, but I hope that the next major refresh of the site will see a return to a standard-based platform.

And just for the record, I appreciate that there is a standard-based fall back option. However it is pretty much an ugly second-tier citizen to the flash site. AirNZ could just have developed a single standard-based site which would be accessible just by virtue of being standard-based.

That's my 5cents anyway.

- James
Old Jul 11, 2010, 3:11 pm

Appears definitely an IT error. The usual add on for PE ex provincial SI is $107.50 - seems the system has not picked up on the special ex CHC or AKL and is just using the old fares. Should not take much to fix the problem. This backed up by the special business class fares staying at $3500 regardless of where you fly from - saves having to see what our consumer watchdogs think
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:23 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Top of climb
Cheers Paul. Good to hear that your IT team are working on the missing bookings problem. I'll toss one more niggle your way, which is the way that the online seating tool insists on seating a party on the same booking together "its way" (eg a party of 4 on the 763 - the online seating tool automatically seats everyone across, say AB-DE, when I much prefer seating AB/AB). Are there any plans to introduce individual seat selection for each pax when part of a larger party on the same booking?

Ta.
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I agree, get the same problem. Now I just make sure I'm on a differnt PNR to my family so I can choice where I want to sit!
Hi both

We do not have any plans to change to individual seating for seat request. I do monitor the logic we use for how groups are seated together to ensure its best fit across the possible scenarios. There is always the challange of seating a group of 4 abcd or ab/ab

Cavemanzk has a good solution booking on a different PNR, however that has the risk of a seat not being available once you go in to seat request.

cheers

Paul

Last edited by Air NZ Online; Jul 11, 2010 at 10:47 pm
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:34 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ
Just looked at the companion fares to LAX and yes use the fares over a week as there is abig difference between some days but can be done as base fare of $1500 pp ew ex CHC.
Silly me thought what can I get from the provinces - well add another $457.50 pp ew and you can fly from the provinces (SI only). Appears to be a major fault when cost of getting to CHC is 1/3 the cost of CHC to LAX - may need looking at.
Hi there

Just wanted you to know I havent forgotten about your message above and when I get an update from my IT team I will get back to you.

Cheers
Paul

Last edited by Air NZ Online; Jul 11, 2010 at 10:45 pm
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:17 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Hi both

We do not have any plans to change to individual seating for seat request. I do monitor the logic we use for how groups are seated together to ensure its best fit across the possible scenarios. There is always the challange of seating a group of 4 abcd or ab/ab

cheers

Paul
For a group of 4 traveling on a 763 should allow you to seat them e.g 20AB/21AB. I would have though many passengers traveling in a groups of 4 would rather this over have two seats in the middle.

Tip: Never book an A320 trip with 4 people on the same PNR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.