Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Problems/Issues thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:11 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ
Thanks, great to know the feedback is appreciated. Still researching some answers so will reply to the latest posts when info is to hand :-)
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
Gripe1. The choice of cities to book from online is very limited. To book from another city, one has to call your call centre, explain the inability to book online and justify not having to pay the call centre fee. I have had to escalate this issue to a supervisor several times. This is annoying for the customer as well as a waster of resources for you.

Gripe 2. A maximimum number of four can be booked on NZ.com when the booking includes a connection on Air Canada.
Hi taupo,

We offer bookings from 28 origin cities in Canada... the latest list of origin cities is here. If there's a city you frequently book from that's not listed please let me know - I'll be more than happy to see if it can be added.

You're 100% correct the max number of pax for an interline booking made online is four - we do this to help ensure availability of the fares we quote. While this remains the case, if you're booking for 5 or more something you can do is make two separate bookings.

Cheers
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:10 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Air NZ Online
Hi, we do make basic account info and functionality available for Airpoints members without Flash installed with your browser. When you login to myairnz, without Flash you'll see a page entitled 'Get Flash Player' - at the bottom of this page you'll see the sentence "You can view an accessible menu of links."

Follow this link and you'll see the info and services available to you.

Cheers
Thanks. The computers where I had the problem in the past (including NZ lounge computers!) stalled without logging in properly. More recently the computers I've used have had flash and thus worked OK. Good to hear the problem has been fixed.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:11 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

We offer bookings from 28 origin cities in Canada... the latest list of origin cities is here. If there's a city you frequently book from that's not listed please let me know - I'll be more than happy to see if it can be added.
I'm not sure if it is the same issue as taupo but many times I go to book a fare online at airnz.co.nz only to find the destination is not available (despite being valid for an NZ fare) and quite often end up booking with another airline instead because it is easier.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:20 am

Hi taupo,

hi Air NZ Online

i fly to TPE (Taipei, Taiwan) often and always annoy me to pay for the service fee. any chance that can be added to online booking?

there are (lots of) direct flight between China and Taiwan now, any chance for AKL-CHINA-TPE. particularly PVG maybe PEK.

why not make online booking eligible to earn flybuys points?

thanks^
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
many times I go to book a fare online at airnz.co.nz only to find the destination is not available (despite being valid for an NZ fare) and quite often end up booking with another airline instead because it is easier.
Hi, while we offer around 80 international destinations for booking on airnz.co.nz, it doesn't always make sense to offer some destinations. For example when we can't reach a destination with feasible connections to/from Air NZ services we would choose to not offer that destination online. Other airlines may sometimes offer these destinations where their timings and connections are better.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:43 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I'm referring to destinations which have Air NZ fares.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
i fly to TPE (Taipei, Taiwan) often and always annoy me to pay for the service fee. any chance that can be added to online booking?
Hi zqsn5678,

Thanks for the comment - we'll look into it. As you say, there could be some good connections to/from TPE over China, and perhaps NRT. Hopefully most days of the week!

Cheers
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hi zqsn5678,

Thanks for the comment - we'll look into it. As you say, there could be some good connections to/from TPE over China, and perhaps NRT. Hopefully most days of the week!

Cheers
A classic for me is Bangkok, where even though Air NZ has a fare , the flights can't be booked online, thus requiring use of a travel agent.

The routing is either via HKG on NZ AKL-HKG then TG/NZ codeshare for HKG-BKK; or AKL-BKK direct codeshared with TG.

I had no problem being advised of the reciprocal NZ fare ex-BKK via HKG by the Tourism NZ office when I was working in Bangkok!

I appreciate that the direct flight codeshare option is perhaps better suited to distribution to Travel Agents via GDS, but do think that where a fare is predominately on NZ then there is significant advantage to Air NZ in making these routings available online.

Just a view...

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jul 7, 2010 at 2:37 am
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:37 am

Programs: NZ (LT Koru); QF (WP & LTG); FJ (Tabua)
On a similar vein, for flights between AKL and VLI. The Wed and Sat flights are code share NZ/NF on NF metal, the Sun flight is code share NZ/NF on NZ metal. You can book an NF seat on the NF website for all three flights, but why oh why can you ONLY book for the Sunday flight on the NZ website? It means that there are two perfectly good flights with NZ flight numbers that you can't book on the NZ website. Funny kind of way to market your flights....
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:51 am

I don't see why it's an issue to offer codeshare flights. I think if Air NZ has a fare for the route, it may as well be bookable online. As long as it's made clear that it is a codeshare (so no one gets a surprise when they expect NZ and get say TG instead). Certainly would avoid fees and extra workload of calling.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: United, US Air, BA, Delta, AMR, Virgin American
Iad-akl-syd-iad

Hi hudsy,

These companion fare deals dropped off our list of Blackboard Deals for a few hours, but have now been re-published:

Happy shopping.
Hi Paul. You're just the person I was looking for. My husband and I are going to NZ for our honeymoon in end Oct/early November, flying IAD to AKL and stopping over in SYD on our return. We're happy that our holiday is within the time period of your sale fare, but we were very disappointed to learn that we would not earn any points except on the IAD-LAX leg.
That sucks big time. It's such a long journey and not to earn any points seems such a lot to forgo. Any suggestions? We can only afford to fly economy.
Thanks,
Vineeta
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by vintyma
Hi Paul. You're just the person I was looking for. My husband and I are going to NZ for our honeymoon in end Oct/early November, flying IAD to AKL and stopping over in SYD on our return. We're happy that our holiday is within the time period of your sale fare, but we were very disappointed to learn that we would not earn any points except on the IAD-LAX leg.
That sucks big time. It's such a long journey and not to earn any points seems such a lot to forgo. Any suggestions? We can only afford to fly economy.
Thanks,
Vineeta
I would imagine he will tell you something along the lines of join air new zealand airpoints
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: United, US Air, BA, Delta, AMR, Virgin American
Points on Air New Zealand

Originally Posted by brenrox
I would imagine he will tell you something along the lines of join air new zealand airpoints
We're already members of the Star Alliance through United, and participate in all the other FF programs of domestic airlines. But, I'm not sure it makes sense for us to join Air New Zealand airpoints for a one-time trip to New Zealand. Nor do we expect to do much travel in Asia.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

or buy up to a higher mileage-earning fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.