FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Website Problems/Issues thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1102535-website-problems-issues-thread.html)

MrSydney Jul 5, 2010 11:38 pm

Website Problems/Issues thread

Hi Everyone,

Paul Harper aka 'Air NZ On Line' from the NZ WebSite Team has joined FT. Rather than questions being asked in different threads eg Air NZ in the News, Paul has asked if we can create a separate thread to sync all the questions into 1.

Does anyone know how to make this a sticky

SanDiego1K Jul 5, 2010 11:51 pm

This thread has now been made a sticky.

For forums without named moderators, the senior moderators serve. To get our attention, simply click on the red triangle titled "Alert a Moderator to This Post". We are here to be helpful as you need.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator

Kiwi Flyer Jul 5, 2010 11:54 pm

Thanks SanDiego1K.

I'll start. Why is there limited or no ability to access your accounts for those who don't have flash installed?

brenrox Jul 5, 2010 11:59 pm

Also, it would be nice to be able to cancel bookings via myairnz - currently you have to ring up which isn't a major inconvenience but would be nice to have the online option..

hudsy Jul 6, 2010 12:28 am

USA PE specials.

Excellent timing.

Yesterday (05/07) they had PE specials to LAX and SFO for $3125 or there abouts sale ending 15/07 and for travel in July-Aug. But when you searched for the flights the prices were all $3700 or more. Now today the special has completly gone.

What happened?

Shazzadude Jul 6, 2010 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 14249357)
Thanks SanDiego1K.

I'll start. Why is there limited or no ability to access your accounts for those who don't have flash installed?

Excellent question. I can't use the Air New Zealand website to book on my work computer, and if I want to book flights while at work I have to use the houseoftravel website.

Top of climb Jul 6, 2010 2:26 pm

My pet peeve is how any changes made to a booking through the Air NZ call centre locks me out from seeing that booking on myAirNZ after the change has been made.

Quite often I book return domestic or Tasman flights ex-AKL on the same booking reference but need to cancel the outbound (i.e. I only fly the second leg into AKL). But cancelling the first leg (and getting a refund for that first leg) somehow causes myAirNZ just not to display the second leg at all. I'm a seat shifter so like having the ability to change my seat a few hours before heading to the airport if I see a better seat having freed up. Surely there must be some way of keeping all bookings visible on myAirNZ even though changes have been made via call centre?

Thanks Paul :)

taupo Jul 6, 2010 7:00 pm

Paul, welcome to FT and thank you for participating. Air NZ has a lot right with it, however I have a couple of gripes about the Canadian version of the site.

Gripe1. The choice of cities to book from online is very limited. To book from another city, one has to call your call centre, explain the inability to book online and justify not having to pay the call centre fee. I have had to escalate this issue to a supervisor several times. This is annoying for the customer as well as a waster of resources for you.

Gripe 2. A maximimum number of four can be booked on NZ.com when the booking includes a connection on Air Canada.

lindsaygardiner Jul 6, 2010 8:47 pm

I'd like to see some type of Status Points calendar on myairnz to show when they are going to drop off. Sometimes it's time consuming to find past travel details and then work out the date the points are going to disappear and how many will drop off.

Xiaotung Jul 6, 2010 9:12 pm

How about allowing Airpoints members to book Star partner flights online using Airpoints? Currently the fee of $100 per booking by calling your contact centre is ridiculous and there is no way to avoid this.

Air NZ Online Jul 6, 2010 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 14249357)
Why is there limited or no ability to access your accounts for those who don't have flash installed?

Hi, we do make basic account info and functionality available for Airpoints members without Flash installed with your browser. When you login to myairnz, without Flash you'll see a page entitled 'Get Flash Player' - at the bottom of this page you'll see the sentence "You can view an accessible menu of links."

Follow this link and you'll see the info and services available to you.

Cheers

Air NZ Online Jul 6, 2010 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox (Post 14249374)
Also, it would be nice to be able to cancel bookings via myairnz - currently you have to ring up which isn't a major inconvenience but would be nice to have the online option..

Hi there,

Only some bookings can be cancelled online, those which have solely fully refundable fare types in them (i.e. Flexi Plus, Fully Flexi, Global Flexi). So if your booking is able to be cancelled online you will see a 'cancel' button alongside it on the 'My Flight Bookings' page of myairnz.

If your booking has another fare type in there (e.g. a Smart Saver) or is partially flown then you can't cancel online and will have to phone up like you say.

Cheers

Air NZ Online Jul 6, 2010 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by hudsy (Post 14249455)
Yesterday (05/07) they had PE specials to LAX and SFO for $3125 or there abouts sale ending 15/07 and for travel in July-Aug. But when you searched for the flights the prices were all $3700 or more. Now today the special has completly gone.

What happened?

Hi hudsy,

These companion fare deals dropped off our list of Blackboard Deals for a few hours, but have now been re-published:
Premium Economy companion fare to LAX
Premium Economy companion fare to SFO
Remember, you need to search for 2 x pax within the stated travel date. Base fare to look out for is $3,000 return to get the stated deal. Use the flexible date search to most efficiently scan for dates when the deal is still available.

Happy shopping.

Air NZ Online Jul 6, 2010 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Shazzadude (Post 14249541)
I can't use the Air New Zealand website to book on my work computer, and if I want to book flights while at work I have to use the houseoftravel website.

Hi Shazzadude,

That's a shame having to pay booking fees like that. Sounds like the Air NZ site is blocked as a result of web access policy at your work? I guess the only way around that is to ask for access to be opened up. As an aside, you don't need to have Flash installed to browse the main part of the site or make a booking, including paying with Airpoints Dollars.

Cheers

brenrox Jul 6, 2010 10:52 pm

Really appreciate your responses and effort to come here! It's just another example of what makes you not just a great airline, but a great business also. Businesses in general could learn so much from the initiatives you adopt such as this to get in touch with your customers wants/needs - role models for other businesses some might say.