Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Problems/Issues thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Hi Paul

Couple of questions re current online bookings.

1. My AKL/NAD booking offers a link to "View hotel/rental car details for this booking". But the link doesn't work. Doesn't really matter as I know my hotel details but wonder why it's there if there's no info. First time I've booked hotel in conjunction with airfare.

2. My AKL/RAR booking. Have tried to get quotes for rental cars without success. Have tried when logged on and also off. Tried a dummy booking for NAD and this did work. Why is RAR not available?

Thanks.

Last edited by nzlilibet; Jul 7, 2010 at 9:41 pm
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Air NZ Online
Hi wijomas,

You can book to over 100 destinations on airnz.co.nz. The kinds of contraints that mean we're not in a position to open this up to every airport in the world are the bilateral agreements in place with other airlines (which give us pricing for selling other airline sectors) and whether or not there are data links in place between our reservations system and the other airlines'.

Our aim is to make as many destinations as we can available online where there is sufficient customer demand.
hi Air NZ Online

to make it easy, i think ''contact centre fee'' should be waived for destinations that is not listed on the air nz online booking system. (fee should still applied for the places that on air nz online booking system.)

what about flybuys for online booking? (maybe for international travel?) i know you can earn flybuys via holiday stores and contact centre.

thanks
Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: NZ (LT Koru); QF (WP & LTG); FJ (Tabua)
Hi, the reason only the Air NZ operated flights (on Sundays and Tuesdays) are sold on airnz.co.nz is because we are not yet able to issue an electronic ticket with Air Vanuatu (NF) operated sectors. Every itinerary we sell on airnz.co.nz is ticketed and emailed instantly, so online we are unable to offer sectors on other airlines (codeshare or not) if interline ET capability is yet to be put in place.

Air NZ in fact has interline ET capability with the large majority of airlines of interest to our customers. For example if you search AKL NOU online, you'll see Air NZ operated flights available 2 days of the week and Air Calin operated flights another two days of the week.
Thanks so much for this information, a very clear response and I can see that this is not an NZ problem but something to do with NF (and as a Vanuatu resident I can understand completely that NF might not be the most proficient codeshare partner that NZ has...). OT, but the main shareholder of Air Vanuatu, the Vanuatu Government, has just dipped into its citizens' retirement fund to the tune of $4 milliion or so to keep the airline flying...

I guess another gripe from here is that myairnz usually doesn't load at all, but that is a national infrastructure/bandwidth issue....
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Hi Air NZ Online,

Would it be possible to have the fare class shown for the selected flights during the reservation process?
As a non-air points member crediting miles to Star Alliance FF programs, it would be very useful to know exactly which class the flights are in. Sometimes the price difference between a non-earning fare class (G, S, K, L, etc.) and an earning class (T, W, etc.) isn't very big, so the offered price itself is not a sure indication of the fare class.

Thanks,
Daniel

PS. Any chance of adding SJC (San Jose, CA) to the online booking tool?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Our aim is to make as many destinations as we can available online where there is sufficient customer demand.
How can you measure demand properly when customers like me try to book online with Air NZ, find destination isn't available and book through another airline/online TA instead?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:54 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
How about allowing Airpoints members to book Star partner flights online using Airpoints? Currently the fee of $100 per booking by calling your contact centre is ridiculous and there is no way to avoid this.
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
i think ''contact centre fee'' should be waived for destinations that is not listed on the air nz online booking system.
Hi both,

Air NZ is in early discussions with some of our Star Alliance partner airlines about how we could enable online booking of reward flights for other airlines' flights. It's early days - a solution is not imminent - but at least that dialogue is underway.

Sorry to say it's not the policy of our Contact Centre to waive fees when customers use our consultants' services.

Cheers
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Hi Paul,

The ability to book something as simple as AKL-SYD-MEL-SYD-AKL online would be cool. It would be nice to have domesitc side in trips in Aussie all on the same booking.

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
The ability to book something as simple as AKL-SYD-MEL-SYD-AKL online would be cool. It would be nice to have domesitc side in trips in Aussie all on the same booking.
Hi cavemanzk, I agree... offering this kind of itinerary online could be made a lot easier if the Air NZ - Virgin Blue agreement goes ahead. Let's wait and see!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by lindsaygardiner
I'd like to see some type of Status Points calendar on myairnz to show when they are going to drop off. Sometimes it's time consuming to find past travel details and then work out the date the points are going to disappear and how many will drop off.
Hi there,

Thanks for the comment. We're going to look at extending the Airpoints/Status Points widget in myairnz to let you find your predicted Status Points balance on any future date (assuming no accruals in the meantime). I think that would help?

Cheers
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by nzlilibet
1. My AKL/NAD booking offers a link to "View hotel/rental car details for this booking". But the link doesn't work. Doesn't really matter as I know my hotel details but wonder why it's there if there's no info. First time I've booked hotel in conjunction with airfare.

2. My AKL/RAR booking. Have tried to get quotes for rental cars without success. Have tried when logged on and also off. Tried a dummy booking for NAD and this did work. Why is RAR not available?
Hi nzlilibet,

Thanks for the feedback - we’ll look into fixing that link as well as work with our car suppliers to discover what's happening with the feed from Rarotonga.

Cheers!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Vunder31
Would it be possible to have the fare class shown for the selected flights during the reservation process?
As a non-air points member crediting miles to Star Alliance FF programs, it would be very useful to know exactly which class the flights are in. Sometimes the price difference between a non-earning fare class (G, S, K, L, etc.) and an earning class (T, W, etc.) isn't very big, so the offered price itself is not a sure indication of the fare class.
Hi Daniel, we're aware that being able to buy up to a FF accruable fare is a desirable new feature, and are looking at a range of options for meeting this need.

Originally Posted by Vunder31
Any chance of adding SJC (San Jose, CA) to the online booking tool?
We have a list of new origin cities we're in the process of adding to our US booking engine. Presuming there are UA flights with decent connections to our services at LAX we'll make sure SJC is on this list.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
How can you measure demand properly when customers like me try to book online with Air NZ, find destination isn't available and book through another airline/online TA instead?
Hi Kiwi Flyer, we have access to market level data. Cheers
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Hi Kiwi Flyer, we have access to market level data. Cheers
Of course, the market level data may be skewed by the inability to book on line.

I will try book on line if at all feasible - so much so that I am less likely to travel to places that I can't book on-line over other places that can be. Or, I my route differently, possibly using other carriers for one or more segments.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 9, 2010 at 2:09 am
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:38 pm

Cheers Paul. Good to hear that your IT team are working on the missing bookings problem. I'll toss one more niggle your way, which is the way that the online seating tool insists on seating a party on the same booking together "its way" (eg a party of 4 on the 763 - the online seating tool automatically seats everyone across, say AB-DE, when I much prefer seating AB/AB). Are there any plans to introduce individual seat selection for each pax when part of a larger party on the same booking?

Ta.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Top of climb
Cheers Paul. Good to hear that your IT team are working on the missing bookings problem. I'll toss one more niggle your way, which is the way that the online seating tool insists on seating a party on the same booking together "its way" (eg a party of 4 on the 763 - the online seating tool automatically seats everyone across, say AB-DE, when I much prefer seating AB/AB). Are there any plans to introduce individual seat selection for each pax when part of a larger party on the same booking?

Ta.
I agree, get the same problem. Now I just make sure I'm on a differnt PNR to my family so I can choice where I want to sit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.