Search

Website Problems/Issues thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 4:48 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by debh
Hi Paul,

I've tried clicking on the Lucky Seven link in the AP mag several times and keep getting a "cannot display the webpage" error message.
Hi there

I have just checked the link and its looking ok on my PC. Would you be able to let me know which browser you are using and which version of flash and I will look into it. Also if you could send me the link for the page you are getting the error message.

Thanks for letting me know

Paul
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:09 pm

Still problems with trying to take advantage of some of your business specials. With the TT classes ex CHC you get a set choice of flights ex CHC. If you try and book business class to SYD ex CHC take advantage of current specials (which send you via AKL) price is coming out at about $1000 pp ew. This time if you add in say Timaru the price is coming in at about $598 pp ew. I know I complained about the provinces missing out earlier but seems to be a major problem trying to combine fares with the new TT structure. I not looking for one as just taken advantage of specials to BNE and already got SYD booked.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: QF Gold
That sounds right. $100 each way is about the average smart saver fare cost from TIU to WLG. The specials quoted are only listed from the main ports so those in provincial centres will have to pay to connect as well.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:51 pm

No the popint I am making is that going business from Timaru via AKL to SYD is about $400 pp ew cheaper than going business from CHC via AKL to SYD. All my moans in the past were about it being far too dear from the provinces - here it is Christchurch who seem to be suffering - he he!!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KrisFlyer, AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Air NZ Online
Hi there

I have just checked the link and its looking ok on my PC. Would you be able to let me know which browser you are using and which version of flash and I will look into it. Also if you could send me the link for the page you are getting the error message.

Thanks for letting me know

Paul
Thanks so much for your reply, have sent you a PM.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:55 am
TIV

On-line booking to Scandinavia

Hi wijomas,

You can book to over 100 destinations on airnz.co.nz. .......

Our aim is to make as many destinations as we can available online where there is sufficient customer demand.
Hi Paul:

I fly AKL - Scandinavia in C a few times a year. While I could go fairly directly on TG or SQ, I much prefer to go NZ via LHR and then SK onward (NZ*GE), and the connection times are very good. It really irritates me, though, to have to pay a booking fee to the travel center as currently I can not book on line AKL -LHR - CPH (or OSL or ARN). I can of course do a seperate booking on SK from LHR onwards, but that means 2 tickets and all the risks that involves - and it also increases the cost.
Any possibility of adding CPH, OSL, ARN to the on-line booking engine?

Many thanks
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by TIV
Hi Paul:

I fly AKL - Scandinavia in C a few times a year. While I could go fairly directly on TG or SQ, I much prefer to go NZ via LHR and then SK onward (NZ*GE), and the connection times are very good. It really irritates me, though, to have to pay a booking fee to the travel center as currently I can not book on line AKL -LHR - CPH (or OSL or ARN). I can of course do a seperate booking on SK from LHR onwards, but that means 2 tickets and all the risks that involves - and it also increases the cost.
Any possibility of adding CPH, OSL, ARN to the on-line booking engine?

Many thanks
Hi there

We are always looking at adding new destinations which can be booked online and having checked the list of future destinations to add, OSL and CPH are on there!! I will discuss with the team the potential of adding ARN to the future list aswell.
I dont have any timeline on when they will be added at this stage.

Thanks for getting intouch.

Paul
Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Hi there

We are always looking at adding new destinations which can be booked online and having checked the list of future destinations to add, OSL and CPH are on there!! I will discuss with the team the potential of adding ARN to the future list aswell.

Paul
Thanks Paul. This is a nice example, but far from the only one, where destinations available on Air NZ fares are not able to be selected online.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Still problems with trying to take advantage of some of your business specials. With the TT classes ex CHC you get a set choice of flights ex CHC. If you try and book business class to SYD ex CHC take advantage of current specials (which send you via AKL) price is coming out at about $1000 pp ew. This time if you add in say Timaru the price is coming in at about $598 pp ew. I know I complained about the provinces missing out earlier but seems to be a major problem trying to combine fares with the new TT structure. I not looking for one as just taken advantage of specials to BNE and already got SYD booked.
I have checked this one out and the fares have been filed ex Auckland for this particular deal.
Well done on getting the Make a Break deal to BNE. I hope you have a great flight.

Paul
Old Jul 21, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Originally Posted by brenrox
It appears the pre-selection of travel insurance is now gone, you are required to manually check it now.
Still, not gone, still seemingly random and it just got me on $1 fares
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:44 am
TIV

Smile

Hi there

Paul
Thank you for the quick response, Paul. I lookforward to this coming on line.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold, BA Exec Club
Hi Paul,

A few queries with airnz.co.uk ....
  • Are there any plans to include the taxes within the price displayed in the flight search? It currently only tallies at the bottom, so it's quite frustrating to manually click on each fare to display the full price. I have a widescreen laptop too so I also have to keep scrolling up and down to see the price.
  • Are the list of destinations for multi-sector itineraries being updated on .co.uk? Many US destinations available on codeshare seem to be missing e.g Boston, New York.
  • Login to myairnz is buried in the frequent flyer section - is it possible to include on the homepage as per .co.nz?

General requests for the multi-sector engine:
  • Errors - it'd be helpful if the engine displayed alternate days available if no flights found
  • Could the 'start over' button possibly be moved somewhere else? It's currently in the position of a 'go' button and I've lost count the amount of times I've hit it by mistake because the rest of the flight search fields are below the fold and I think I have to hit something to bring those up (I'm usually pretty net-savvy but it gets me every time).

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by nzeks
Hi Paul,

• Are there any plans to include the taxes within the price displayed in the flight search? It currently only tallies at the bottom, so it's quite frustrating to manually click on each fare to display the full price. I have a widescreen laptop too so I also have to keep scrolling up and down to see the price.
  • Are the list of destinations for multi-sector itineraries being updated on .co.uk? Many US destinations available on codeshare seem to be missing e.g Boston, New York.
  • Login to myairnz is buried in the frequent flyer section - is it possible to include on the homepage as per .co.nz?

• Errors - it'd be helpful if the engine displayed alternate days available if no flights found
  • Could the 'start over' button possibly be moved somewhere else? It's currently in the position of a 'go' button and I've lost count the amount of times I've hit it by mistake because the rest of the flight search fields are below the fold and I think I have to hit something to bring those up (I'm usually pretty net-savvy but it gets me every time).

Thanks!
We have recently added a Base fare subtotal for each direction which saves having to scroll to the bottom of the screen and also adds the Skycouch fee is selected. We do have plans to add the taxes to this subtotal and then to add the taxes to the actual fare in the cell in the flight table.

The list of destinations is currently upto date. We don’t have any plans to add Boston or New York to those available to book online at this stage.

That’s good feedback. I will pass that onto the team for them to consider with any changes they have planned for the home page.

This has come up a couple of times and certainly on the list of enhancements for multi-stop.

This is also on the list and something which has caught a few of us out every now and then.

Thank you so much for your feedback. It really helps and I do ensure it’s added to any future development we are working on online.
Paul
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Is there any chance in the near feature that we are going to be able to select seats from an iPhone?
Sorry this isnt on our plans at this stage. But will certainly consider it for the future.

Paul
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Looks nice, now I wish they would overhaul the main AirNZ website! It hasn't had a major change in years!.

Would be nice if they could make the main website Liquid & not made to fit 800x600 =)
Originally Posted by MrSydney
It does need a refresh.
Originally Posted by zkcow
I haven't seen the new Holiday & Hotel site, where is it?

Also I agree the Air NZ site needs a bit of a makeover. I'm a web designer and there are little things about it that irk me (but then there are little issues that irk me with my own sites anyway). But yea, a refresh would be nice - as long as it's not Flash based!
Thanks for the feedback on the new Holidays refresh.

What would be the Top 5 things you would like to see in a new design for the main Airnz website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.