Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Well, if we are going to do show and tell in this Forum... I went to Naples this week and got two bonuses (100% and 75%) as well. More importantly on the way down I had seat 12E (surrounded by Italian tourists ), and on the way back I had to fight my way into the lounge as at check-in they had no idea what a Platinum Flying Blue card was (luckily I could show them the brochure they had on their counter ).

12E is what they mean by "Discover a lifetime of Privilege"?
Old Jun 11, 2005, 8:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Question

Do any of the North America members know if we still get the 50% "Bonus Special Ameriques Nord et Centrale"?
Old Jun 13, 2005, 3:57 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M

My 563 bonus miles are now gone from the online statement.
Now I can see the past months activities flight by flight and since April they are based on standard FD, in May on FP rules even if I not used such a card and in June they are following FB rules.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:17 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by misbeehavin
Do any of the North America members know if we still get the 50% "Bonus Special Ameriques Nord et Centrale"?
No, we do not. I had the base mileage entry and then a 2nd entry for plat bonus.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 3:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dctorres
No, we do not. I had the base mileage entry and then a 2nd entry for plat bonus.
Unsurprising. It would have been nice of AF to inform us that they were going to discontinue this.

But, they never informed me they were going to start. The Bonus just started appearing on my statement at random. So maybe I shouldn't really complain.

Do you know when this Bonus started? If it was a long time ago, then I have hundreds of flights' worth of Bonus Special to claim from AF!
Old Jun 13, 2005, 6:17 pm

How does FB treat awards for children? In most cases involving a paid fare, a child pays 67pct of an adult fare. Is it also the case when paying with miles?
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:26 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by misbeehavin
Unsurprising. It would have been nice of AF to inform us that they were going to discontinue this.

But, they never informed me they were going to start. The Bonus just started appearing on my statement at random. So maybe I shouldn't really complain.

Do you know when this Bonus started? If it was a long time ago, then I have hundreds of flights' worth of Bonus Special to claim from AF!
I do believe the FB documentation clearly stated what bonuses we were entitled to. Frankly, nothing has changed. Those in Americas still get double miles for our flights. The only difference now is that everyone else gets it too. So, in reality, what have we lost?

Also, many of my former America bonuses were entitled "offre exceptionnelle", which, to me, implied that it was something of a limited nature and not something to be expected. Keep in mind that this benefit was pretty much a non-published bennie for N. American Rouge members....
Old Jun 14, 2005, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
How does FB treat awards for children? In most cases involving a paid fare, a child pays 67pct of an adult fare. Is it also the case when paying with miles?
they make absolutely no difference
so do fly yourselfon miles and pay for your child. thinks it's the best way
Old Jun 15, 2005, 7:35 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Votre Eminence,

Thanks for the great work. Could you please add, in section 1, related to the status, how you can reach the different levels, based on qualifying segments ? (15/30/60 segments for non-French residents, 15/30/60 segments outside Metropolitan France for French residents).
Old Jun 16, 2005, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
any idea for continental operated by hawaian? will I get FB miles?

Last edited by chrissxb; Jun 16, 2005 at 9:23 am
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:15 am

anyone flown KLM AMS to ORD in business? How is it? Worthy for a honeymoon flight? I know its the 74M cargo craft, not sure if business is the "nice" business seat. Anyone know? Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2005, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by evanston45
anyone flown KLM AMS to ORD in business? How is it? Worthy for a honeymoon flight? I know its the 74M cargo craft, not sure if business is the "nice" business seat. Anyone know? Thanks
The 74M or 74E is not a cargo aircraft, but a combi. It has exactly the same lay out of the front part of the cabin including the upper deck. The aft part of the aircraft will hold 7 pallets and it has a side cargo door on the port side. As for the WBC seats, they are the old(er) ones but personally I'd take them any day over the new "slippery slope" seats I see on many airlines in C at the moment. The general opinion here is that the best C seats on the KLM 744 (74M) are 1 AB JK, 4 EF, 77 AB JK.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:25 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Silver, Accor Plat, IHG Plat, BW
[QUOTE=Adrien]I did a domestic flight this Monday in France and got something similar
500 qualifing miles
500 qualifing miles for full fare abonné
500 miles special club bonus (used to be 250 as rouge)
375 miles (75% of 500)???

I have just done two domestic flights (ie a return fare) on restricted economy fares (I don't know which fare codes as when you book on the Air France site you simply choose flights from a list and a graded colour code tells you where each price is on a scale from cheapest to most expensive). The outward flight (still in F+ days) gave me 250 miles plus a 125 miles 'Bonus Clubs', the return (now as a FB member) 249 miles (yes!) and the 125 miles (50%) bonus for silver members. There's little point in protesting about the single missing mile, I suppose, but it makes you wonder what the computers are up to.

Does anyone know where you can get a reliable guide to what miles are awarded for which flights and classes and companies? The AF and KLM websites differ as to what KE gives in First Class, a FB pdf file gives 100% business bonus (not 50%) on a KLM between AMS and Hong Kong, KLM says that DL, CO and NW First Class is Business Class whereas AF says it is First. The European minimum seems to be 750 miles but 500 for KLM (and 1000 if its AMS-CDG) AZ still seems to be giving 1000 miles minimum. It would be idea if there were a FB website rather than having to put together elements from different skyteam companies.

Last edited by rangerss75; Jun 19, 2005 at 7:09 am
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:37 am

Programs: FB Gold
datta55

Originally Posted by chrissxb
any idea for continental operated by hawaian? will I get FB miles?
regret not. has to be Skyteam Airline operating the flight.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:44 am

Programs: FB Gold
Question datta55

have been thru the klm.com and airfrance.com websites to find PAID BOOKING CLASSES (L, V etc.) excluded from Level & Award miles. No informaion available. Please can someone give authentic information! Partner airlines inclusion / exclusion of booking classes are clearly given.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.