Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB Silver and Gold benefits "evolving" from 28 March

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Sorry if the answer has been given before (I am sure it has been, but I can't find it). I'm lost with the seat selection policy changes across partners :
I booked (for me) a Flying Blue award ticket CDG-USA in Y. I am FB C2000 Ulti. The onward flight is on DL metal (and it's booked under DL flight number). I can only select in advance a regular Y seat. I can't select a "preferred" Y seat for free and of course same for Comfort+. Is that normal ? If it is, will I be able to select one of those for free when OLCI opens ?
Thank you
Originally Posted by curiousexplorer
My recent experience with Delta was that I got the preffered Y seat and standard seat for free, but no Comfort+ upgrade. They said that the Comfort+ upgrades might only clear at the gate for Skyteam Elite Plus customers. I called the PSL trying to see if anything can be done, but to no avail, they said they do not have access to Delta systems and the other way around when I called Delta. Eventually I was refered to a footnote on the Flying Blue benefits page where it’s said that the upgrades only clear on the day of departure (but interestingly not at OCLI).

Maybe in your case maybe you should call the PSL and see if they can do anything? For a “preffered” seat I’m sure they will be able to sort it out, but for Comfort+ it might be trickier unless they find a workaround for Ultimate members.
Update : I called the Ulti TA. They solved the problem to select a "preferred" seat for free, but they had to call DL to do it because from their side they could not do it.
Arpoador and curiousexplorer like this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sorry if the answer has been given before (I am sure it has been, but I can't find it). I'm lost with the seat selection policy changes across partners :
I booked (for me) a Flying Blue award ticket CDG-USA in Y. I am FB C2000 Ulti. The onward flight is on DL metal (and it's booked under DL flight number). I can only select in advance a regular Y seat. I can't select a "preferred" Y seat for free and of course same for Comfort+. Is that normal ? If it is, will I be able to select one of those for free when OLCI opens ?
Thank you
My recent experience with Delta was that I got the preffered Y seat and standard seat for free, but no Comfort+ upgrade. They said that the Comfort+ upgrades might only clear at the gate for Skyteam Elite Plus customers. I called the PSL trying to see if anything can be done, but to no avail, they said they do not have access to Delta systems and the other way around when I called Delta. Eventually I was refered to a footnote on the Flying Blue benefits page where it’s said that the upgrades only clear on the day of departure (but interestingly not at OCLI).

Maybe in your case maybe you should call the PSL and see if they can do anything? For a “preffered” seat I’m sure they will be able to sort it out, but for Comfort+ it might be trickier unless they find a workaround for Ultimate members.
Both. I could select any Y seat immediately after booking. So there shouldn’t be any restriction on that in theory. But for Comfort+ they consider it to be a fully distinct class of service and not just extra legroom economy seats as we have at KLM with Eco Comfort.
Update : I called the Ulti TA. They solved the problem to select a "preferred" seat for free, but they had to call DL to do it because from their side they could not do it.
follow-up on this. As a reminder of the situation : FB award ticket CDG-USA, in Y, outbound on DL (under DL flight number), FB Elite+
As already reported above, I was able to select a preferred Y seat only by calling the Ulti line who dealt with DL.
FB website says that FB Elite+ can benefit for free of a Comfort+ seat on DL international flight on DoD.

at OLCI, I couldn’t do it. I called the Ulti line who called me back after having checked with DL who explained that it will be cleared at boarding. On DoD, I was checking the upgrade list on DL app which was showing 15 left seats in C+ but the upgrade list was empty. At boarding, nothing happened and I had been kept in my original seat despite vacant seats in C+ .
So, as usual, the big mess between AF and DL despite 20-25 years of wedding.
carnarvon, AnaTFN, mlin32 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Nov 3, 2023 at 1:02 am
Old Nov 2, 2023, 1:40 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
What also (used?) to work, is logging into your booking from the DL site. Not sure if you tried that / if that doesn’t work anymore.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Gajan
What also (used?) to work, is logging into your booking from the DL site. Not sure if you tried that / if that doesn’t work anymore.
That doesn’t work anymore either
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Gajan
Originally Posted by BobTL
That doesn’t work anymore either
Indded, it doesn't work anymore.
What really upset me is the bland response from the Ulti TA when I inform them that nothing happened at boarding despite 15 seats left. They just replied that DL decides what they do/don't do for whatever reasons, like weight balance . I know this is not the reason, as the flight was something like 90-95% full. For sure, an easy response instead of opening an "investigation" with DL to understand what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again (as I'm sure it's all IT-related with miscommunications between AF and DL systems).
ofj likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
You are aware that on the DoD that DL seatmap on the app is already outdated and those 15 empty seats are most likely incorrect? (as it's not updated anymore as soon it goes to CDG or AMS airport control)
Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Grouchy
You are aware that on the DoD that DL seatmap on the app is already outdated and those 15 empty seats are most likely incorrect? (as it's not updated anymore as soon it goes to CDG or AMS airport control)
I am not referring to the seat map, because, as I reported above it was not accessible on DL systems since OLCI opened. It was only visible on AF systems and I could only see the main cabin seat map. I was referring to this in DL app:

and, in flight, I had a look at the C+ cabin and there were empty seats (I didn’t count if it was 15 or less).
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
The data in that part of the app is also old/incomplete for DL flights from AMS/CDG. Check the app when you have a DL flight leaving from the USA. Then the upgrade/standby list will be full with names, seats and zones and everything will be up to date.
Nevertheless I wouldn't rely on the DL/AF systems next time. I'm pretty sure the gate agents/red coat can fix/add you on the proper list when asking.

Last edited by Grouchy; Nov 3, 2023 at 6:13 pm
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:21 pm

Indded, it doesn't work anymore.
What really upset me is the bland response from the Ulti TA when I inform them that nothing happened at boarding despite 15 seats left. They just replied that DL decides what they do/don't do for whatever reasons, like weight balance . I know this is not the reason, as the flight was something like 90-95% full. For sure, an easy response instead of opening an "investigation" with DL to understand what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again (as I'm sure it's all IT-related with miscommunications between AF and DL systems).
I hear you. I have been making a fuzz about this at the PSL and they actually had a new ticket issued for me for Comfort+ but when I wanted to select a seat, it only allowed me selecting a seat in Premium Select. And to my surprise I could also check in and got a Premium Select boarding pass issued. At gate also no problem so I flew in Premium Select. Great seat and unfortunately similar food like Y, like AF also does. Unfriendly FA’s as well. They were super tired. All of them. Some were better in hiding it than others.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:39 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Am I missing something? Just tried checking in my wife for an upcoming fight (KL operated, ticket by DL), there are free Eco Comfort seats but they're all payable. She is FB Silver, so shouldn't they be free? Only ones that became free were the Standard Front Seats.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mfkne
Am I missing something? Just tried checking in my wife for an upcoming fight (KL operated, ticket by DL), there are free Eco Comfort seats but they're all payable. She is FB Silver, so shouldn't they be free? Only ones that became free were the Standard Front Seats.
Only Gold and above receive free Comfort seats. Silver can choose standard and preferred seats for free 24h before the flight. And extra legroom exit row seats I think.
mfkne likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:50 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Only Gold and above receive free Comfort seats. Silver can choose standard and preferred seats for free 24h before the flight. And extra legroom exit row seats I think.
Thanks, that explains it. The FB website just mentions "paid seats", which in hindsight is too vague.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Does anyone have experience of selecting preferred seats (i.e. KLM Economy Comfort) on tickets issued by VS/DL? Do these new benefits still apply to Flying Blue members even if the flight is not on a KL/AF code? Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2024, 3:03 am

If there was a reliable way to get (as PLF) on the DoD wait list for extra space Y seats on DL operated flights, plus Domestic first allbeit lowest prio, I would fly Skyteam to the US.

Only KL metal is not good enough most destination you have to connect with DL.

I have BA silver and AA does a so much better job for BA silver members than DL for KLAF Platinums.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 6:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by f4free
If there was a reliable way to get (as PLF) on the DoD wait list for extra space Y seats on DL operated flights, plus Domestic first allbeit lowest prio, I would fly Skyteam to the US.
SkyTeam elites do, in fact, get on the upgrade list for C+ and F.
ofj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.