Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB Silver and Gold benefits "evolving" from 28 March

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
It seems now that first 6-7 rows are paid seats on domestic flights (here an example of LYS-NTE)
Attached Images  
Bullspread likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:20 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by Tim_94
Today I could pick an Economy Comfort seat as a FB Gold member for free. These seats changed to "FREE" at 72 hours before the scheduled departure time and everything worked perfectly in the KLM app.

However, since selecting my new seat, I've noticed that the KLM app and website are not letting me change the seat again! In the app it says "not available", and on the website the seat details are no longer clickable. Has anyone else experienced this??
This shouldn't be the case, if so it's a bug. Please feel free to send me more info via PM if you prefer.
curiousexplorer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:29 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
In the app it says "not available", and on the website the seat details are no longer clickable
This has happened to me more than once as a plat. It helps to refresh the flight/booking in the app, after that it always worked again. (pull down to refresh on the booking itself).

You'll just have to deal with 30 seconds of blinking every time, since the new (and worse, imho) vertical layout the changelog was so happy about.

Might always be a new bug too.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Seat selection disappearing around T-48/T-72 has been around for years.
I’ve never figured out the pattern, be it aircraft type, route, and cabin occupation. Having the seat changed by PSL often seems to trigger the bug even weeks before the flight (might be 2 different issues that end up in the same result).

Oddly enough, sélection sometimes re-appears at T-24.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
Seat selection disappearing around T-48/T-72 has been around for years.
I’ve never figured out the pattern, be it aircraft type, route, and cabin occupation. Having the seat changed by PSL often seems to trigger the bug even weeks before the flight (might be 2 different issues that end up in the same result).

Oddly enough, sélection sometimes re-appears at T-24.
+1
You are absolutely right (didn't make the connection) and happened to me as late as the other day leaving YUL with disappearing and re-appearing

So if it doesn't have anything to do with the new seat selection rules for gold, it's just a case of business as usual hmmm
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by canadavid
It seems now that first 6-7 rows are paid seats on domestic flights (here an example of LYS-NTE)
I notice changes as well on domestic flights.
Do Gold members have to pay to book these seats ?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Bullspread
I notice changes as well on domestic flights.
Do Gold members have to pay to book these seats ?
Yes, this change applies to all flights, both longhaul and shorthaul (including domestic). The business class seats reservation charge (except for FB elites) is longhaul only.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by IhsanRaharjo
Happened to me. I wonder if I can select another seat during online checkin.
I have a KLM flight tomorrow I just did OLCI and the answer is no. If you select a seat at H-72, you can't seem to change it at all afterwards even during check-in, via appli or on the website. Not even the possibility to buy up to J.

I'm happy with my seat I selected in this instance, but gotta get the bugs ironed out.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I am not sure if it's a feature or a bug. It happened to me several times to not be able to select/change a seat as a Platinum the days before departure, showing "not available". Haven't found any pattern yet.
There can be a time in the roughly 72 hours before departure when seatmaps disappear and you can't change a seat.

Not saying that it cannot happen outside this time frame, but when I get that kind of error, it usually seems to be when the flight is being readied to move over to airport control
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:57 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by mlin32
I'm happy with my seat I selected in this instance, but gotta get the bugs ironed out.
Julien must be back and playing with the seat booking systems.

On this morning domestic flight, most of the cabin was marked full (with seats occupied and not just greyed out).
The only option the TA could offer was a middle seat.
2 h later, refreshing the seat map, I could get a window seat on a full row, then seat selection disappeared.

What a surprise, when boarding, to realize we were just 40-50 pax in an almost-empty A321…
Solevita likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: Fying Blue Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Silver Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by mlin32
I have a KLM flight tomorrow I just did OLCI and the answer is no. If you select a seat at H-72, you can't seem to change it at all afterwards even during check-in, via appli or on the website. Not even the possibility to buy up to J.

That sucks, that means now Gold can only select seats one time?
Hopefully it is a bug and they fix it.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:27 am

As a DL Silver I have always had free seat selection of regular seats and a discount on paid seats (e.g., extra legroom.) Will I now have free access to paid seat at the 24 hour mark, or is that only for FB elites?

Last edited by BigFlyer; Mar 30, 2023 at 11:48 am
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:47 am

It's not mentioned specifically (or at least I didn't see it) but DL elites have always been handled specially and treated as if they were FB elites of equal level (though capping at plat of course) so I don't see why that should be different now.

Case in point: that discount on EC seats you mention only applies to FB and DL elites. Other SkyTeam elites only get free standard seats.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Does anyone know if the free seat selection applies to non-Elites traveling on the same ticket as an Elite?

In other words, as Silver am I able to choose free paid-for seats at T-24 for both my wife (Explorer) and myself?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Yony
Does anyone know if the free seat selection applies to non-Elites traveling on the same ticket as an Elite?

In other words, as Silver am I able to choose free paid-for seats at T-24 for both my wife (Explorer) and myself?
Yes, that should be the case if on same PNR.
Yony likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.