Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB Silver and Gold benefits "evolving" from 28 March

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I'm having the same issue of being locked out of any further seat changes in the days before departure. I'm having to phone Flying Blue to check available seats at the front and change it for me which is annoying!
wojciehelena likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 5:21 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by Tim_94
I'm having the same issue of being locked out of any further seat changes in the days before departure. I'm having to phone Flying Blue to check available seats at the front and change it for me which is annoying!
We're aware of the issue, thanks for flagging - the teams are working to fix it.
brunos, Goldorak, KL895 and 9 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
Same here, irops and they rebooked me to a middle seat (sic) and I was prohibited from changing seats. Had to call to get it changed
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:59 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Just popping in to confirm that for Silver, EC remains chargeable at T-24, however exit rows become free on both KL and AF.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Just popping in to confirm that for Silver, EC remains chargeable at T-24, however exit rows become free on both KL and AF.
Yes, i see the same. This evolution is really degradation.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Also, I guess nobody mentioned it here, but the bug preventing you from changing seats after selecting them initially seems to be fixed, at least yesterday I could see the seat maps up until 30 minutes before boarding began, and even then I could see it but couldn't select anything nor "upgrade" (ahem, as if J intra EU is an upgrade, the sandwich is arguably better than the wanders boxes and on E-aircraft no middle seats...) any longer.
westi2002 and mama974 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Is this also a "new" improvement or did it happen before: When travelling with 2 in Y, I want to book A and C seats, hoping the middle seat stays empty. But the KL app and website don't allow this...
Old Jun 5, 2023, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
Yes they "enhanced" the seat selection last year on KLM so you cannot block the middle seat if you are on the same booking. Which is why I sometimes book 2 separate tickets unless it's really needed otherwise to be on the same booking (even if your companion is not Elite+, they anyway get SkyPriority check-in with you, boarding usually they allow you to go together and for the lounge it doesn't matter; and you don't have any other benefit otherwise, such as SkyPriority security, so it doesn't matter).
gorbatzjov likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Is EC (further) discounted at T-24 for Silver, or does it remain at the same price as before check-in?
Old Jun 6, 2023, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
Is EC (further) discounted at T-24 for Silver, or does it remain at the same price as before check-in?
There is no EC discount for Silver or for anyone else. Silvers gets free access to any non-EC seat 24h before, while Gold gets free access to all seats including EC 72h before.

This was actually announced from the beginning, but the communication was poor and confusing until they clarified a few weeks later.
gorbatzjov likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sorry if the answer has been given before (I am sure it has been, but I can't find it). I'm lost with the seat selection policy changes across partners :
I booked (for me) a Flying Blue award ticket CDG-USA in Y. I am FB C2000 Ulti. The onward flight is on DL metal (and it's booked under DL flight number). I can only select in advance a regular Y seat. I can't select a "preferred" Y seat for free and of course same for Comfort+. Is that normal ? If it is, will I be able to select one of those for free when OLCI opens ?
Thank you

Last edited by Goldorak; Jul 30, 2023 at 6:05 am
Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Sorry if the answer has been given before (I am sure it has been, but I can't find it). I'm lost with the seat selection policy changes across partners :
I booked (for me) a Flying Blue award tickets CDG-USA in Y. I am FB C2000 Ulti. The onward flight is on DL metal (and it's booked under DL flight number). I can only select in advance a regular Y seat. I can't select a "preferred" Y seat for free and of course same for Comfort+. Is that normal ? If it is, will I be able to select one of those for free when OLCI opens ?
Thank you
My recent experience with Delta was that I got the preffered Y seat and standard seat for free, but no Comfort+ upgrade. They said that the Comfort+ upgrades might only clear at the gate for Skyteam Elite Plus customers. I called the PSL trying to see if anything can be done, but to no avail, they said they do not have access to Delta systems and the other way around when I called Delta. Eventually I was refered to a footnote on the Flying Blue benefits page where it’s said that the upgrades only clear on the day of departure (but interestingly not at OCLI).

Maybe in your case maybe you should call the PSL and see if they can do anything? For a “preffered” seat I’m sure they will be able to sort it out, but for Comfort+ it might be trickier unless they find a workaround for Ultimate members.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by curiousexplorer
My recent experience with Delta was that I got the preffered Y seat and standard seat for free,
Thanks
Was that for advance selection or at OLCI ?
Old Jul 30, 2023, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Was that for advance selection or at OLCI ?
Both. I could select any Y seat immediately after booking. So there shouldn’t be any restriction on that in theory. But for Comfort+ they consider it to be a fully distinct class of service and not just extra legroom economy seats as we have at KLM with Eco Comfort.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: FB Gold, National Executive
I booked (for me) a Flying Blue award ticket CDG-USA in Y. I am FB C2000 Ulti. The onward flight is on DL metal (and it's booked under DL flight number). I can only select in advance a regular Y seat. I can't select a "preferred" Y seat for free and of course same for Comfort+. Is that normal ? If it is, will I be able to select one of those for free when OLCI opens ?
Thank you
I flew DL last month (as a FB Gold). I was able to select a preferred Y seat in advance, but Comfort+ wasn't selectable. You should be able to do the same.
At check in, you should appear on the First and Comfort+ upgrade lists if you've requested to be added to the upgrade lists on Delta's site - I had an issue where I was showing up on the First upgrade list, but not on the Comfort+ list. An agent at the Delta Skyclub helped put me on the Comfort+ list.

I ended up being upgraded to First for the flight, but only after I brought it up to the gate agent as I was boarding. I was the only one on the upgrade list, but still wasn't upgraded automatically. I think this was a one-off though, so hopefully it should be more seamless for you.
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.