Wiki Posts
Search

FB Silver and Gold benefits "evolving" from 28 March

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Stil
Yes, that should be the case if on same PNR.
As a Platinum I don’t see that happening for me, I have some bookings with a companion on the same PNR and they cannot select any paid seat for free, while I can. This is a huge disadvantage of FB when not traveling alone (along with no SkyPriority for the companion, which in practice leads to having check-in and sometimes boarding, but not security priority).
KLBGO likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by curiousexplorer
As a Platinum I don’t see that happening for me, I have some bookings with a companion on the same PNR and they cannot select any paid seat for free, while I can. This is a huge disadvantage of FB when not traveling alone (along with no SkyPriority for the companion, which in practice leads to having check-in and sometimes boarding, but not security priority).
Was the bookings made before of after the 28th?

This from Ben Lipsey FB director:
AF & KL Add Seat Fees In Business Class
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Stil
Was the bookings made before of after the 28th?

This from Ben Lipsey FB director:
AF & KL Add Seat Fees In Business Class
Admittedly, that's in the context of the business class seat assignment changes (where FB elites retain free advance seat selection). This thread is about Y, where it's quite plausible that companions on cash tickets don't get the benefit (they would if booked on a separate award ticket, though).
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by hhdl
Admittedly, that's in the context of the business class seat assignment changes (where FB elites retain free advance seat selection). This thread is about Y, where it's quite plausible that companions on cash tickets don't get the benefit (they would if booked on a separate award ticket, though).
Uhh, bad news if that's the case, I got all exited thinking it was all across the board 😔
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
I have several bookings with KLM on long haul to Asia for this summer. I selected (free as I am PLF) before 28 March a seat in Economy confort, now I can no more change the seat. It is the case on several bookings, I hope it is only a bug which will be fixed soon and not 'a new enhancement' .
I booked a Flex fare but when I read the condition of reimbursement for a Paid economy confort seat for a non Plat passenger the Economy plus fare is not reimbursable if I cancel the booking even with a Flex Fare. It is not the case if you buy a seat option on AF where a flex fare allows entitle to Seat option reimbursement. It would be good to be able to get reimbursement in case of flex Fare for Economy Plus seat.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Let's hope the Platinum seating benefits "evolve" and improve as well. Many flights I took this year have been in almost full cabins with a handful of free seats, and it is frustrating to be one of the pax packed like sardines into the first 4-5 rows of Y, while further down the plane backpackers are stretching out enjoying the prized empty middle seats.
Allowing more silvers and golds free access to the coveted comfort seats is not going to improve this phenomenon.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
The FB webpage with the benefits has been updated and it seems that:
  1. Gold gets access to ALL paid seat options 72h before the flight.
  2. Silver gets access to front section and extra legroom seats 24h before the flight, but NOT Economy Comfort seats.
So effectively it’s an upgrade for Gold, a downgrade for Silver.
AnaTFN and atflyer like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
Interesting "experience" checking in for my flights tomorrow as an FB silver.
While i can choose an orange or purple seat for 0Eur for my first flight, my connection from AMS is currently ~26 hours away. The orange/purple seats show as being for 0Eur. But at the end of checkin i'm presented with a fee to pay for this later leg.
Guess i'll have to wait for a few hours to get it "for free".
It did seem a little strange when i read the announcement that as a silver i can get 0Eur seats 24hours before the flight, but checkin opens at T-30...
Old Apr 2, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by MalFr
Interesting "experience" checking in for my flights tomorrow as an FB silver.
While i can choose an orange or purple seat for 0Eur for my first flight, my connection from AMS is currently ~26 hours away. The orange/purple seats show as being for 0Eur. But at the end of checkin i'm presented with a fee to pay for this later leg.
Guess i'll have to wait for a few hours to get it "for free".
It did seem a little strange when i read the announcement that as a silver i can get 0Eur seats 24hours before the flight, but checkin opens at T-30...
I didn't expect anything else tbf, the AFKL IT is inherently broken. I requal'd Jan 1st, just got this email:

Old Apr 2, 2023, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by b12e
I didn't expect anything else tbf, the AFKL IT is inherently broken. I requal'd Jan 1st, just got this email:

I just got that email too. My qualification period ends in December
b12e likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
same here, requalified more than a month ago. you got to give them credit for trying, though.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 10:26 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Can this be since there used to be this 3 month period after a requalification date of 31 December that you still had your old status? Never mind, if you have people requalifying after 31-12, this should not happen....
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:11 am

I've seen Economy Comfort mentioned in this thread, is this the same as Premium Economy?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by cogoo
I've seen Economy Comfort mentioned in this thread, is this the same as Premium Economy?
No.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 12:10 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by cogoo
Welcome to Flyertalk!

https://www.klm.nl/information/trave...-extra-options

The different classes are explained here. Note that Economy Comfort is just regular economy, except the seat has more recline and more pitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.