Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:08 am

changing planes

Hi...flying into 2F level 0 from Budapest and flying out at 2E level 2 to Atlanta from CDG will we have to go through security and passport control?
we have an hour and 20 min to change planes...
so are we going to make our flight???
thanks for the help
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by justmom6
Hi...flying into 2F level 0 from Budapest and flying out at 2E level 2 to Atlanta from CDG will we have to go through security and passport control?
we have an hour and 20 min to change planes...
so are we going to make our flight???
thanks for the help
Welcome to Flyertalk Jutmom6 !
I don't know what you mean by level 0 and level 2
In that direction : no security, but yes for passport control
Yes, of course you'll make your flight unless your incoming flight is significantly delayed.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:57 am

Terminal 2E Duty Free

Is there a Duty Free shop at Terminal 2E that has a decent cigar selection?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by laf747
Is there a Duty Free shop at Terminal 2E that has a decent cigar selection?
Yes, for sure
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, for sure
That is certainly good news given the change in the law from last week, here in the US, regarding being allowed to bring back Cuban cigars for personal consumption.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Made the connection from 2F to 2E (L gates) on foot in <20 minutes last week with SkyPriority.

I had to undergo 2 Passport checks however (not counting the cursory one at the gate). Connections appear to have been vastly improved at CDG since my last transit!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Plat
CDG T2A to T1

Hello CDG experts ! I'm on a BA flight arriving at Terminal 2A and need to make it to a QR flight at Terminal 1 in 65 minutes. Flight in on a Monday mid-afternoon.

I will have one checked bag that should be checked thru to DOH on a One World itinerary.

Will passport control be required after arriving from UK ? Is there a bus/train to get to T1 ?

Thanks for any guidance !
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by TomFoolery
Hello CDG experts ! I'm on a BA flight arriving at Terminal 2A and need to make it to a QR flight at Terminal 1 in 65 minutes. Flight in on a Monday mid-afternoon.

I will have one checked bag that should be checked thru to DOH on a One World itinerary.

Will passport control be required after arriving from UK ? Is there a bus/train to get to T1 ?

Thanks for any guidance !
This seems tight but if its on one ticket i imagine it's doable. No passport control required as you are staying outside Schengen but there will be a security check. To get to T1 take the green bus line from 2A flight connections. Follow signs to Flight Connections/T1 in 2A.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

It is very tight. I would never do this, especially coming from LHR.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 10:17 am

CDG terminal 2E lounges

Hi,
I am new to the Flyertalk forums, so I hope I am not posting in the incorrect place.
I was switched to a code share by Air France from (CDG T-2E) Paris to JFK and now I cannot seem to locate a lounge that I can use at CDG.
Help! I am only flying economy and am just Silver Elite. I do have the Delta Platinum card and a Priority Pass. I don't think either will do anything.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Pat
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Countrygirl
Hi,
I am new to the Flyertalk forums, so I hope I am not posting in the incorrect place.
I was switched to a code share by Air France from (CDG T-2E) Paris to JFK and now I cannot seem to locate a lounge that I can use at CDG.
Help! I am only flying economy and am just Silver Elite. I do have the Delta Platinum card and a Priority Pass. I don't think either will do anything.
Your DL Platinum card should gain you entry into any AF lounge. There are 3 lounges in T-2E, in the K, L or M gates.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
Your DL Platinum card should gain you entry into any AF lounge. There are 3 lounges in T-2E, in the K, L or M gates.
Unfortunately, the word "platinum" is used in different ways. The poster does not have DL Platinum Medallion status - only Silver Medallion, which does not have a lounge access benefit. He or she has the Delta Platinum American Express card. It provides a reduced rate of US$29 for a day pass (versus US$50), but it does not provide free access.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:58 pm

got a small question, figured i'll ask here instead of creating a new thread.

will be flying PVG-CDG-TXL in december. planning to buy some stuff in berlin.

when getting VAT refund, do i do it in Berlin airport or in CDG during my transit?

i will not have check-in baggage if it matters.

both segments will be on AF ticket and metal, so i would assume i will have both boarding passes issued at check-in. so i will not be exiting airside at CDG.

will they allow me to do VAT refund at Berlin? or must it be at my last port of exit from the EU (in CDG)? if so, does it mean i have to exit to landslide, queue for godknowshowlong and reenter airside? my transit is only 1h55m.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:59 pm

Would anyone know when the new 2G lounge is slated to open?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by joyu12
Would anyone know when the new 2G lounge is slated to open?
March 2017. I can't be more precise at that stage, sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.